• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Best time period for a travel plan

nimalr

What would be the best time period to make my travel plan. Considering the political changes and the current travel ban which going to be expired 31st december and the any extend possibility of the same, anyone please advice what would be the best time period make my travel plan to USA.
My Visa has been approved after April 23 and subjected to the procolomaton.

What would be the best time period to make my travel plan. Considering the political changes and the current travel ban which going to be expired 31st december and the any extend possibility of the same, anyone please advice what would be the best time period make my travel plan to USA.
My Visa has been approved after April 23 and subjected to the procolomaton.
So you have a DV visa subject to entry under the PP? Well I don’t think anyone can be very clear about that right now, but you may have a better idea after the election. Does your visa expire in March?

Yer my visa will get expire on March 2021, just to understand the , if trump will not win, until the next president starts his work on 20th Jan 2021, can trump extend the the travel ban and possibility of doing that.

Yer my visa will get expire on March 2021, just to understand the , if trump will not win, until the next president starts his work on 20th Jan 2021, can trump extend the the travel ban and possibility of doing that.
If Trump wins again, you will probably only know at the end of December whether or not he will extend the ban. Even if Trump loses, as long as he is still in office he can extend the ban if he wants. I think one can assume that if Biden wins he will get rid of any travel ban that may still be in place at the time he takes office.

i would not book an air ticket now if this was me, unless it was refundable/exchangeable.

Thanks Susie for sharing your thoughts. I know that there is an uncertainty of anything would occur. As probability what is your opinion using my visa which will be expired on march and be there in USA. Can i wait with a positive hope?. Boking a air ticket is a matter of loosing some money but i need to give the resignation to my current job in one month advance. this is the real worrying factor right now i'm having. Please give some probability figure which elastrating travel before my visa get expired. Thanks

Thanks Susie for sharing your thoughts. I know that there is an uncertainty of anything would occur. As probability what is your opinion using my visa which will be expired on march and be there in USA. Can i wait with a positive hope?. Boking a air ticket is a matter of loosing some money but i need to give the resignation to my current job in one month advance. this is the real worrying factor right now i'm having. Please give some probability figure which elastrating travel before my visa get expired. Thanks

If it’s one month in advance and your visa expires in March you have plenty of time to wait and see.

If it’s one month in advance and your visa expires in March you have plenty of time to wait and see.
for my question "Please give some probability figure which elastrating travel before my visa get expired." , what would be your answer ?

for my question "Please give some probability figure which elastrating travel before my visa get expired." , what would be your answer ?

You’re looking for statistical probability as to what your chances are? I think you’re looking for unreliable reassurance. The best you can do right now is wait and see. Wait and see the outcome of the presidential elections. Wait and see it Trump gets re-elected. What and see wait happens at the end of Dec when the current travel ban expires. Wait and see!

You’re looking for statistical probability as to what your chances are? I think you’re looking for unreliable reassurance. The best you can do right now is wait and see. Wait and see the outcome of the presidential elections. Wait and see it Trump gets re-elected. What and see wait happens at the end of Dec when the current travel ban expires. Wait and see!
ok, thanks for the advice, like me there are many who does wait and see. guess all of those having many other personal arrangements, like giving resignation, legal clearance of realestates , arrangement of secure of their loved once, rather than booking a ticket and fly to usa once the ban is over. this where I just ask for some probabilities,

How do you possibly expect me to answer that? And if I did you’d be willing to take the word of some anonymous poster on the Internet who may just be pulling a figure out of the air? ( I actually used to work with probability a lot, so I know the danger of those numbers even in fields one is an expert in.) Again, if you only have a month’s notice to give, you have plenty of time to wait for a much more certain outcome. If money is not such a big deal, as it does not seem to be, you can even just fly to activate your green card on a quick trip last minute before returning home to finalize job stuff etc ahead of a permanent move.

ok, thanks for the advice, like me there are many who does wait and see. guess all of those having many other personal arrangements, like giving resignation, legal clearance of realestates , arrangement of secure of their loved once, rather than booking a ticket and fly to usa once the ban is over. this where I just ask for some probabilities,

Again, the best answer anyone can give you now, the only answer that makes sense is WAIT AND SEE regardless of what people need to do before being able to depart for the US. But if that is not good enough for you because you strongly feel you need some statistical probability scenarios, then I say good luck on that journey of discovery.

Yes, this has always been an issue for many DV selectees, regardless of the current situation, where there just isn’t enough time to wrap up many complicated factors for those who have them. Hence why many do an “activation trip” - to use the visa before it expires and so become an LPR - then go home for x months as needed to resign jobs, sell homes, ensure aged relatives will be looked after, etc, before making a permanent move to the US. I personally can’t see that it makes any sense to resign a job, sell a home, put a parent in an old age home etc, all based on a probability someone gives you on the Internet rather than actually knowing you will be able to move.

Do anyone see less possibility of extending Trump travel ban after the democrat party win ?
Let’s get the vote counted before we hatch our chickens. Or something ;)

P.S. I think if trump loses he will probably extend the ban in spite but Biden would reverse it when he takes office - my opinion

Let’s get the vote counted before we hatch our chickens. Or something ;)

P.S. I think if trump loses he will probably extend the ban in spite but Biden would reverse it when he takes office - my opinion
Hi Susie,
Yer this would be the most possible scenario. Thanks for sharing your opinion, God .. remind Biden this on 21st Jan 2021