BEst place to settle in usa ,after getting greencard

corr@john123456 said:
Jharkhandi, I should edit something because you are offended by it?! What type of society would we live in if everything people said or wrote needed to be acceptable to everyone? I didn't find what was written acceptable so I responded, I do not retract anything I posted. The assumption I am from Europe was rich indeed, God bless America, where offending someone is still legal. :)

Where did you see word legal in my post - I wonder! ;)

Polity belongs to human beings - that is what I expected that from you - I guess that was too much, wasn't it? Do not worry - you mental illness will be tolerated!

If you do not mind please let us know about the glorious place which gives such wonderful education! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Go find a society where people are not allowed an opinion or where your feelings are not easily hurt. Or perhaps you should surround yourself with pre-schoolers to make yourself more comfortable. :)

corr@john123456 said:
Go find a society where people are not allowed an opinion or where your feelings are not easily hurt. Or perhaps you should surround yourself with pre-schoolers to make yourself more comfortable. :)
Did your parents ever ask you to run away from home? :D

Help needed!!!

Hello all,
my GC was approved on 4/29/05. Now I am planning to change my employer?. can my employer can revoke my GC after 3 months. I was consulting with my lawyer. He was saying employer can justify and revoke the GC if you are not going to be with them for atleast 6 months. Anybody in this forum went through any of these. Please help me!!!!!

Regards,
Karan29

karan29 said:
Hello all,
my GC was approved on 4/29/05. Now I am planning to change my employer?. can my employer can revoke my GC after 3 months. I was consulting with my lawyer. He was saying employer can justify and revoke the GC if you are not going to be with them for atleast 6 months. Anybody in this forum went through any of these. Please help me!!!!!

Regards,
Karan29

Your employer cannot revoke your GC, but they certainly can complain about it to USCIS.

corr@john123456 said:
No, can't imagine your parents barring the exit. :D

If you want to educate yourself - try to find out correlation - East India Company, East Indian (words referred mostly when people were shipped as slaves to Fiji/West Indies and other place) and colony(in terms of history of Indian subcontinent and Africa). Refer to people as Asian Indians if you feel uncomfortable in saying Indian. If you still don't understand - I doubt you will ever get the point.

I am holding back(due to ar888 and due to the fact that your swipe was not innovative enough - in fact I feel sorry for your frustration here). Come with a better one - I will surely reply. :)

vitalsigns said:
The truth is, this is the United States of America, where the LPR are protected by the Constitution.

Wow! How or in what way? Could you elaborate??? What part of constitution protects you if USCIS determines that you broke immigration law.

Guys what is this happening?
This thread was supposed to discuss best places to live.
Why is AC21 getting discussed here? I thought this might have been an offshoot from one of the discussions about homes. But apparantly Karan29 just out of the blue posted a question regarding changing jobs after GC without any related inference to place to live in.
However the other unrelated topic of offensive and non-offensive language did come out of the topic of interest.

Anyway coming back to the original topic, I dont see anyone posting anything about the Chicago area, I mean Chicago, milwaukee the twin cities and st Louis. How is that area?

neocor said:
Anyway coming back to the original topic, I dont see anyone posting anything about the Chicago area, I mean Chicago, milwaukee the twin cities and st Louis. How is that area?

I think Chicagoans are too busy to enjoy summer....before entering windy + frozen season. No time to post messages. :)

JoeF said:
Speaking of which, given that the administrator monica deleted similar posts in the citizenship forum, when is that going to happen here? Or is this forum continuing to be a "free-for-all" where people can be insulted all day long with the moderator and administrator looking the other way?

JoeF,

You could've reported those said posts or atleast sent a PM to me. I might've missed some of the threads lately.

Lets not deviate from the main topic. This is a very important and useful topic to lot of guys.

BTW, I live in Washington DC Metro area.

Plus points:
1)
Very good job market,
2)
Weather is not too bad here,
3)
School districts are very good, one of the top in the entire US,

Minus points:

1)
Real estate, its currently at sky high, no one knows where it is leading to.
An average new town home in a very good area in VA (but still far from DC downtown) costs anywhere between 500K to 600K, then imagine about single family homes....You may get a town home for 400K-450K if it is 5-8 years old.

2)
Since lot of fedral agencies are here, in some places they require citizens...

3)
In some places crime rate is little high, don't worry about this because you woudn't like these places even otherwise....

I will update you guys when I have more points...

Good luck guys....

Jharkhandi said:
Thanks ar888!

Anyone from Florida?

Orlando area is great! Believe me there actually a real city outside of tourist attractions.

Employment picture is really good. There a lot of IT companies, and defense contractors like Lockheed Martin and others. Lake Mary/Heathrow and Maitland area has a lot of IT employers. AAA has a headquarter in Heathrow too.

Housing prices have been going up, but still not has bad as California or the Northeast. Schools is North part of the metro area are very good. Winter Park/Maitland, Oviedo, and Lake Mary are some of the best.

Tampa/St. Pete is also a nice and affordable area. South Florida (Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/West Palm Beach) is the biggest metro area, but housing has become extremely expensive now.

vitalsigns said:
Also, there's no law stating that you have to stay at your beneficiary organization for 6 months...

Excuse me for missing such important discussion. :D :D .

vitalsign, I can't agree with you more. You are RIGHT, there is no such Law, everybody has to decide based on their situation and of course with their's lawyers advice. Hope it clears any confusion whatsoever. :D :D

JoeF said:
Definitely. I recently needed 2 hours to get from Pasadena (northeast of LA) back to Irvine.

In rush hour, if you take CA-57 and I-210 (avoiding I-5 and I-605 or 110), that will take you faster.