best Ac21 lawyers

berrybird

Registered Users (C)
Any recommendations would be appreciated especially in the SF bay area. Is Sheila Murthy a relatively safe bet (even though not in SF area) or are there better ones out here ? I have a pretty solid AC21 case and don't want a lawyer to screw it up.

BB

Originally posted by berrybird
Any recommendations would be appreciated especially in the SF bay area. Is Sheila Murthy a relatively safe bet (even though not in SF area)
----- YES, area has nothing to do, she is best and prompt and good service
or are there better ones out here ? I have a pretty solid AC21 case and don't want a lawyer to screw it up.

BB

berrybird,

I suggest you give Rajiv's office a call and I am sure you will be happy with their level of service and professionalism.

Thanks guys. Any more input especially from people who have successfully done the AC21 is welcome. Thanks,

BB

berry

Hello berry,
Do you know how much these lawyers charge for AC21 cases till you reach shore(i.e get GC!)?

My experience with AC-21 and immigration: Big lawyers are less responsive.

If you are like me, who has a simple AC-21 case, has an urge to know when things happen to their GC process, and want a responsive lawyer, you would be better off using a local lawyer, even if they are not the most experienced. You can compliment that by doing self research on this and similar sites. That way, you would have the best of both worlds.. That is what I wish I had done...

However, if you want a name brand lawyer firm, Khanna, Murthy, Shusterman, etc are great.

Typical fees for informing CIS abt AC-21, applying for EAD/AP renewals, and answering any RFEs is between $500-$1000 in total. An additional fee of $500 or so would be required if you need to do FOIA to get labor job description. Make sure you agree on a fixed fee and don't get screwed on an hourly charge basis bullshit some lawyers try to lure you into.

Goodluck!

-ab

Ok I checked with Shusterman and Murthy for the rates:

Shusterman : $2500
Murthy: $1500 + misc expenses

Shusterman claims he has never had a AC21 case been denied while Murthy's lawyers claim this has become a niche area for them. So there you go

I had Murthy in the last stage - mine was a difficult case and many lawyers were certain that I do not qualify for AC21. I am satisfied with the level of service there so I would recommend them.

I cannot speak for others but I would like you to keep an open mind and talk to other prominent lawyers like Rajiv about your case and decide after you talk to them.

Avoid quacks with no AC21 background - they can very easily screw up your case. AC21 cases are delicate. I had a D.C. lawyer before (Wasserman, Mancini, Chang) who refused to represent me when I received a RFE, according to them I did not qualify for AC21. As a result, my RFE reply was delayed (I went to Murthy after that) and my approval got delayed by months.

waytoolong can you share ur case pl.?

waytoolong can you share ur case pl.?..if its acceptable to originator of thread otherwise can pl. PM me...

I am also in similar soup

-Rama

waytoolong: Urs was a more complicated case. I totally agree with using a senior attorney for such cases. My suggestion to use a local "reachable" attorney was for more straightforward AC-21 cases.

ramavtaar: I have no problems with ur suggestion to share waytoolong's details - by all means. It is upto him and u i guess. From what I have read, Murthy & Khanna seem to be the best choices for complications like change of jobs < 180 days. You may also want to search Murthy's chat logs for her wins on such cases. Especially checkout: http://www.murthy.com/news/UDac21qa.html#2

regards,

-ab