BEC Priority Date Tracker

My info for the tracker

Manwithnoname,

Please add my info to the tracker. Thanks.

State SWA: CA
Case: EB3 RIR
ETA case number: D-04301-27XXX
Priority date: 2/19/2003
Backlog center received application on: 1/14/2004
45-day letter issued on: 2/2/2005
45-day letter reply sent on: 2/17/2005

Thanks.

Code:
CERTIFIED			91
WITHDROWN			76
IN PROCESS – DATA REVIEW	45
DR – IN PROCESS			36
CLOSED – IN PROCESS		6
DENIED – IN PROCESS		1
CLOSED – DATA REVIEW		4
DENIED				9
CLOSED				9

Here is the data for ~last week (since I was collecting data during this time this is not the exact numbers). But you can get the idea how many cases were processed and what type of decisions were made. I am only listing the ones with changes.

As you can see the cases were mostly certified or withdrown. I think the withdrowals happened mostly from the beggining of communication between BECs and perm and there will be less of those cases in future.

Some cases were closed - I guess they still wait for 45 days letters. Some were denied.
It is interesting to see that there is on case that got from denied to in process - it means that denial can be reversed. We knew that closed cases can be reinstated and we see it - there are 10 cases like that.
It is interesting to see that there are cases that go from Data Review to In Process and vice versa. My guess is that the dataflow can be like this:
Data Review - In Process - Data Review - In Process - Certified . I'll need to gather more data to see if it is the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for this information. I know that there are people who are concerned about the performance of the website but if you run your program after midnight I believe there will be no one can blame you for this. And it does do a great favor to all anxious and suffering guys here. Like I've a PD of April 2002 and nothing done yet.

Again, thanks for your great effort.

roma77 said:
As I wrote before I've written a program to query cases from the doleta website. I am finished with gathering data for Dallas BEC. Here are the results:

Code:
Status	Number of cases	  %
IN PROCESS 	55745	38.38
CERTIFIED 	42892	29.53
CLOSED   	29791	20.51
WITHDRAWN  	13668	9.41
DATA REVIEW 	2492	1.72
DENIED      	659	0.45

Overall I have 145 thousand cases. I might have missed 5-10 thousand, but I don't think it makes much of a difference. This number is pretty close to what BECs were claiming (around 300 thousand for two of them).
I'll start running the process every night to see how DBEC progresses. It takes just a couple of hours to run, so I don't think it will be a big impact on website perfomance.

If there are not too many changes I'll run the process once a week.

Good Luck!
Roman

roma77 said:
As I wrote before I've written a program to query cases from the doleta website. I am finished with gathering data for Dallas BEC. Here are the results:

Code:
Status	Number of cases	  %
IN PROCESS 	55745	38.38
CERTIFIED 	42892	29.53
CLOSED   	29791	20.51
WITHDRAWN  	13668	9.41
DATA REVIEW 	2492	1.72
DENIED      	659	0.45

Overall I have 145 thousand cases. I might have missed 5-10 thousand, but I don't think it makes much of a difference. This number is pretty close to what BECs were claiming (around 300 thousand for two of them).
I'll start running the process every night to see how DBEC progresses. It takes just a couple of hours to run, so I don't think it will be a big impact on website perfomance.

If there are not too many changes I'll run the process once a week.

Good Luck!
Roman

Can you do this for PBEC also PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

roma77

I am certain you will have many well wishers if you could kindly do this for PBEC as well.
Please consider doing it for PBEC, we will all be grateful to you.
Thanks!

NYC2001 said:
I am certain you will have many well wishers if you could kindly do this for PBEC as well.
Please consider doing it for PBEC, we will all be grateful to you.
Thanks!

Me too....We all. Please roma77

PBEC dbase

Hi Roma,

I'm not sure if you're aware but the case numbers that are not in DBEC dbase should be in PBEC dbase, with some exceptions. It'd be easy to run a query towards PBEC for the numbers that are not listed in the database that you created.

roma77 said:
Code:
CERTIFIED			91
WITHDROWN			76
DR – IN PROCESS			36
CLOSED – IN PROCESS		6
DENIED – IN PROCESS		1
CLOSED – DATA REVIEW		4
DENIED				9
CLOSED				9

Here is the data for ~last week (since I was collecting data during this time this is not the exact numbers). But you can get the idea how many cases were processed and what type of decisions were made. I am only listing the ones with changes.

As you can see the cases were mostly certified or withdrown. I think the withdrowals happened mostly from the beggining of communication between BECs and perm and there will be less of those cases in future.

Some cases were closed - I guess they still wait for 45 days letters. Some were denied.
It is interesting to see that there is on case that got from denied to in process - it means that denial can be reversed. We knew that closed cases can be reinstated and we see it - there are 10 cases like that.
It is interesting to see that there are cases that go from Data Review to In Process and vice versa. My guess is that the dataflow can be like this:
Data Review - In Process - Data Review - In Process - Certified . I'll need to gather more data to see if it is the case.

Amazing work

roma77 said:
Code:
CERTIFIED			91
WITHDROWN			76
DR – IN PROCESS			36
CLOSED – IN PROCESS		6
DENIED – IN PROCESS		1
CLOSED – DATA REVIEW		4
DENIED				9
CLOSED				9

Thanks Roma, so there around 58k cases pending on the dallas backlog center. I wonder how many of these are Traditional cases, I'd bet that most of them as there haven't be any traditional approvals latelly.
Maybe, backlog centers will be able to complete everything by September after all.

labor certified

Smile Certified
I got my labor certified today. this forum was of great importance in reviving the faith on the whole process.

Good luck to everyone waiting. you all shall get certified soon.

-----------
State: MN
PD: July 2004.
Source : MN SWA
D-05206-4XXXX
Edit/Delete Message

desolate said:
Smile Certified
I got my labor certified today. this forum was of great importance in reviving the faith on the whole process.

Good luck to everyone waiting. you all shall get certified soon.

-----------
State: MN
PD: July 2004.
Source : MN SWA
D-05206-4XXXX
Edit/Delete Message
Congrats desolate! Do you mind sharing the day of your PD? Mine is also in July 2004. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks.

I just checked my number and it shows certified.
I wish good luck to everybody in this forum, I am sure you guys deserved it with your hard work.

coolmaro said:
Hi Roma,

I'm not sure if you're aware but the case numbers that are not in DBEC dbase should be in PBEC dbase, with some exceptions. It'd be easy to run a query towards PBEC for the numbers that are not listed in the database that you created.

Well, PBEC numbers are not exactly the complement of DBEC numbers.

The numbers in each BEC are independent of each other and they are differentiated by T, P or D prefix. It is possible that a case in PBEC and DBEC shares the same last 5 digit number.

The general pattern is as follows: the last 5 digits are used as a counter starting from 00000 and resets after incrementing to 99999. A case is assigned a particular number (in sequence) from the counter with 2 prefixes: the first one denotes the BEC center initial (T, P or D). T denotes temporary data entry which is later changed to appropriate center initial upon data entry completion. The second prefix contains the year and day of the year (05157 means the case was entered in the system on June 6, 2005). This is fine as long as the BEC does not enters more than 100K cases on a single day.

Therefore the last 5 digits of a case number will generally be greater (unless it resets) for later data entry date. However there are exceptions. Roma77 already mentioned this before.

The same method (as in DBEC) is required to obtain PBEC statistics. We have to track the 'In-Process' and 'Data-Review' cases mainly. Also there are transitions from 'Closed' to 'Data-Review' therefore we should track these as well along with withdrawn cases (not sure though).

Roma77:

Thanks for the excellent work. Yes running once a week and comparing with the results from previous week will be sufficient. BTW - as the RIR approval progresses, gradually all the 'In-Process' status will be represent TR cases only. We may see a slow down in the 'In-Progress' to 'Certified' tend, till the TR floodgates open.

Well, this morning I did some research and tested 20 consecutive cases, both with P and D in the front of each case number. . This is not enough to make a solid statement, but I still think I am right about this.

No case with same number and different letter (P or D) exists. So, my theory is there is only one combined database. During the inital data entry phase case numbers were entered in to the same db and assigned with a T in the front (as we all know) by both BECs. Later on T changed to D or P.

In addition, it does not really make sense to skip some numbers during the data entry, especially when those numbers are auto numbers assigned by the db. So, if one number does not exist in DBEC then that means its a PBEC case and vice-versa.

manwithnoname said:
Well, PBEC numbers are not exactly the complement of DBEC numbers.
The numbers in each BEC are independent of each other and they are differentiated by T, P or D prefix. It is possible that a case in PBEC and DBEC shares the same last 5 digit number.

The general pattern is as follows: the last 5 digits are used as a counter starting from 00000 and resets after incrementing to 99999. A case is assigned a particular number (in sequence) from the counter with 2 prefixes: the first one denotes the BEC center initial (T, P or D). T denotes temporary data entry which is later changed to appropriate center initial upon data entry completion. The second prefix contains the year and day of the year (05157 means the case was entered in the system on June 6, 2005). This is fine as long as the BEC does not enters more than 100K cases on a single day.

Therefore the last 5 digits of a case number will generally be greater (unless it resets) for later data entry date. However there are exceptions. Roma77 already mentioned this before.

The same method (as in DBEC) is required to obtain PBEC statistics. We have to track the 'In-Process' and 'Data-Review' cases mainly. Also there are transitions from 'Closed' to 'Data-Review' therefore we should track these as well along with withdrawn cases (not sure though).

Roma77:

Thanks for the excellent work. Yes running once a week and comparing with the results from previous week will be sufficient. BTW - as the RIR approval progresses, gradually all the 'In-Process' status will be represent TR cases only. We may see a slow down in the 'In-Progress' to 'Certified' tend, till the TR floodgates open.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,
I got a question.
My old RiR has been certified yesterday. However, before we got the news, and actually last week, my immigration lawyer has filed for PERM and requested this old RiR application to be withdrawn. So now I basically got my old application (that I requested to be withdrawn thru PERM) certified. The person in human resources just informed me that the PERM cannot be withdrawn once it had been filed. I am not sure whether this is true and how confusion this will create?

rf_engineer_NY said:
Hi Guys,
I got a question.
My old RiR has been certified yesterday. However, before we got the news, and actually last week, my immigration lawyer has filed for PERM and requested this old RiR application to be withdrawn. So now I basically got my old application (that I requested to be withdrawn thru PERM) certified. The person in human resources just informed me that the PERM cannot be withdrawn once it had been filed. I am not sure whether this is true and how confusion this will create?

Please read the item 2 below (excerpt from immigration law website):

09/23/2006: Consequences of PERM Filing with "Refile" Option on Pending BEC case

The 09/12/2006 Liaison Minute clarified the DOL policy on the issue as follows:
  • PERM database and BEC database are growingly communicating quicker and BEC will almost immediately take out as withdrawn.
  • If BEC case is approved either before the PERM case is adjudicated or BEC takes action taking out such case as withdrawn, such certified BEC application will remain valid. In such cases, employers will be allowed to withdraw the pending PERM application.
  • If BEC case is still pending and such PERM is denied, two consequences will take place. The beneficiary loses the priority date of the BEC case. Additionally, the BEC case is considered automatically withdrawn. Quickly refiling of another PERM application will not change the deadly consequences on both PERM application and BEC application. However, employer can file a motion to reconsider if justifiable. If the motion is granted and certifies the original PERM application, the old priority date will not be affected.

Certified!!

My online PBEC status indicates that my case has been certified today. The forum and all its members have been invaluable to keeping sane during this process.

I wish the older priority dates get approved soon and I guess we will all be waiting at the 485 stage.

Good Luck! My case details are in my signature.

I think you are right, if one number is not found in DBEC then it is on the PBEC, very good thought ! I checked a couple of cases and it is exactly happening.

coolmaro said:
Well, this morning I did some research and tested 20 consecutive cases, both with P and D in the front of each case number. . This is not enough to make a solid statement, but I still think I am right about this.

No case with same number and different letter (P or D) exists. So, my theory is there is only one combined database. During the inital data entry phase case numbers were entered in to the same db and assigned with a T in the front (as we all know) by both BECs. Later on T changed to D or P.

In addition, it does not really make sense to skip some numbers during the data entry, especially when those numbers are auto numbers assigned by the db. So, if one number does not exist in DBEC then that means its a PBEC case and vice-versa.

Numbering sequence

Hi guys,

The attached may help you understand numbering.

But basically, the last 5 digits are shared between the two BPCs so no you won't find cases where all digits are the same and the only difference is the P or D.

The 5 last digits cycled several times as you will see in the spreadsheet.

Ignore the math - that was an attempt a while ago to figure out progress of data entry.