BEC Priority Date Tracker

rf_engineer_NY said:
I have already talked to him and he strongly suggests going with PERM. His predictions for RIR are not so bright as the predictions expressed in our tracker here. He said that he hasn't seen any of his RIR cases (New York) approved that has a PD later than 2002. I am also a little bit worried about how DOL will react because I remember my application was a thick one and a very detailed one. I am wondering whether they will be scared of going through all that material that has been submitted and delay the RIR processing beyond the first wave of approval for my PD.
And one more thing: I am really wondering what would happen if I file for PERM and my RIR gets approved before it is officially withdrawn due toPERM re-filing.
I know I am expressing a lot of curiousity and raising many questions here, but that's what I guess all of us face, because of these ambiguous immigration rules. Just sharing my experience and thoughts. My two cents.

Please don't mind, but it looks like your lawyer is just greedy is not hesitating lieing. Our tracker shows that there are lots of approvals till month of March 2004. There is no extra benifit you are going to get by filing PERM except getting labor approval 3-4 months earlier at most. In any case you won't be able to file I-485.

If I were in your place, I would not take risk of converting (it is implicit conversion) RIR application to PERM.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Please don't mind, but it looks like your lawyer is just greedy is not hesitating lieing. Our tracker shows that there are lots of approvals till month of March 2004. There is no extra benifit you are going to get by filing PERM except getting labor approval 3-4 months earlier at most. In any case you won't be able to file I-485.

If I were in your place, I would not take risk of converting (it is implicit conversion) RIR application to PERM.

Why won't I be able to file I-485?!

rf_engineer_NY said:
My company has just finished a recruiting process for PERM application and they are pressing me to switch from RIR to PERM. However, based on the tracker I may expect being processed some time in November-my PD is 04/30/2004, NY (of course that is the best case scenario that I kind of wouldn't like to miss-at least the first wave of approvals with my priority date).
At the same time there is this argument on the other side that, if they don't file PERM within the next week or two, they would miss some sort of 6-month window (they started recruiting process for PERM six months ago) that may make the whole PERM recruiting process invalid. I don't know what to do-should I let them file for PERM in order not to loose the PERM recruiting efforts?
I have no issues with the priority date (not a national of China, India, and Philippines).
I know that my case looks brighter than some cases posted here, but when you are given an opportunity to choose between two options without a good feeling about what to expect as a result of your decision, it also makes it hard to decide. Any thoughts would be more than appreciated.

Go for it. Ask your employer/attorney to use 'Dual filing' . I was in the same boat as you....check my signature.

rf_engineer_NY said:
I have already talked to him and he strongly suggests going with PERM. His predictions for RIR are not so bright as the predictions expressed in our tracker here. He said that he hasn't seen any of his RIR cases (New York) approved that has a PD later than 2002. I am also a little bit worried about how DOL will react because I remember my application was a thick one and a very detailed one. I am wondering whether they will be scared of going through all that material that has been submitted and delay the RIR processing beyond the first wave of approval for my PD.
And one more thing: I am really wondering what would happen if I file for PERM and my RIR gets approved before it is officially withdrawn due toPERM re-filing.
I know I am expressing a lot of curiousity and raising many questions here, but that's what I guess all of us face, because of these ambiguous immigration rules. Just sharing my experience and thoughts. My two cents.

Dude...let me say it again..if you are from a non-retro country, file PERM using dual filing (that keeps your RIR alive). My PERM was approved in 19 days from Chicago..Atlanta is taking a bit longer like 2-4 months.
Then you can concurrently file I-140 premium and 485. By time time PBEC is done with their backlog, you will be sitting with you green card in hand :)

mma0604 said:
Dude...let me say it again..if you are from a non-retro country, file PERM using dual filing (that keeps your RIR alive). My PERM was approved in 19 days from Chicago..Atlanta is taking a bit longer like 2-4 months.
Then you can concurrently file I-140 premium and 485. By time time PBEC is done with their backlog, you will be sitting with you green card in hand :)

Hey thanks this is definitely encouraging. I am from a non-retro country, and PERM would be filed by the same employer for the same job. This...mhm...dual filing...is it something clearly regulated by DOL, or is it one of those grey areas that are ambiguous. The only thing that I can google out about dual filing are some recommendations by DOL or wordings like "DOL strongly discourages" multiple pending applications. So basically it is not that they forbid, but just discourage mulitple filings. This won't work with my employer, I am pretty sure that my employer won't enter the grey area that is not regulated and leaves space for ambiguity. If I could find a clear regulations by DOL that enables dual filing, then I guess I would have a chance to convince them to go with dual filing. Anyone knows for any clear regulations about dual filing -RIR and PERM for the same job and same employer? Do they exist?

rf_engineer_NY said:
Hey thanks this is definitely encouraging. I am from a non-retro country, and PERM would be filed by the same employer for the same job. This...mhm...dual filing...is it something clearly regulated by DOL, or is it one of those grey areas that are ambiguous. The only thing that I can google out about dual filing are some recommendations by DOL or wordings like "DOL strongly discourages" multiple pending applications. So basically it is not that they forbid, but just discourage mulitple filings. This won't work with my employer, I am pretty sure that my employer won't enter the grey area that is not regulated and leaves space for ambiguity. If I could find a clear regulations by DOL that enables dual filing, then I guess I would have a chance to convince them to go with dual filing. Anyone knows for any clear regulations about dual filing -RIR and PERM for the same job and same employer? Do they exist?

All I can tell you is that my employer would not have done it for me unless DOL allowed it. It's a very large reputable corporation with 99000 employees worldwide..they do everything by the book. Talk to your attorney/HR people.

I just wanted to share my experience

i-140 recommendation

Once my eta 750 arrived we opted to file i-140 premium processing, being $195 plus $1000 for priority.

Mailed on 10th Oct,

CIS received 16th Oct

CIS notice date 20th Oct, (Notice envelope usps date 24th Oct)

Case approved 24th Oct (per website)

Fees clear our bank 25th Oct

Paper approval arrived 31st Oct (mailed 26th Oct)

I also filed i-485 on 10th October

Hi, I wrote a program to go and get the Number/status from doleta website, please read here.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1547202&postcount=13497

May be you can help me out with the number structure:

D-05216-XXXXX

Last five numbers, as I understand are incremental, what do first five mean?

Code:
CERTIFIED Count		239	26.17743702
CLOSED Count		120	13.14348302
DATA REVIEW Count	22	2.409638554
IN PROCESS Count	435	47.64512596
WITHDRAWN Count		97	10.62431544
Grand Count		913

Last edited by a moderator:
D-05216-xxxxx
05 is the year BEC received your case
216 is the day of that year.

It has been long discussed here if its beneficial to write programs that do brute pulls from the site. I don't want to talk about it anymore but you might want to make sure not to abuse the site and give them a chance to shut it down!

roma77 said:
Hi, I wrote a program to go and get the Number/status from doleta website, please read here.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1547202&postcount=13497

May be you can help me out with the number structure:

D-05216-XXXXX

Last five numbers, as I understand are incremental, what do first five mean?

Code:
CERTIFIED Count		239	26.17743702
CLOSED Count		120	13.14348302
DATA REVIEW Count	22	2.409638554
IN PROCESS Count	435	47.64512596
WITHDRAWN Count		97	10.62431544
Grand Count		913

coolmaro said:
D-05216-xxxxx
05 is the year BEC received your case
216 is the day of that year.

Ok, might be the case, I would need to figure out when they started and when they finished.
It looks like they don't reset the counter every day because there are cases starting with 99xxx and I don't beleive there could be that many cases in one day.
I don't think I am abusing the site, it is public data and goverment should provide access to it by request. It might be not the best way to obtain the data (I'd prefer a db table), but it's the only way I know.
It doesn't look like my program slows down theit site, so I guess it's ok to use it. I hope it works holydays/nights when nobody enters data and when I intend to run it.

All

We all know that it is possible to write programs to extract mass case status from the web site..This might be construed as misuse by the DOL and then they might decide to shut the website down. That would not be good for anybody.
So in my humble opinion we should desist from this practise and it does not even give any meaningful data.

This has been discussed here a number of times before..

At least run your thing at mimimum load timing like 3 am 4 am in the morning
and not on the week ends ..they might be running data loads then...
That way the decrepit servers that the DOL has would not keel over and die...

msp1976 said:
All

We all know that it is possible to write programs to extract mass case status from the web site..This might be construed as misuse by the DOL and then they might decide to shut the website down. That would not be good for anybody.

Why is it a misuse? You can do it without the program, just typing the numbers in. This is public information and I think you can use it any way you like. And I didn't see any perfomance degradation even though I ran my program on Friday, daytime.

Today the online status shows "CERTIFIED"

ETA Case Number: P-05151-47***
Priority Date: 09/25/2003
Processing Type: RIR EB2
State: VA

LC approved

After waiting for 4 years, I heard of my LC getting approved

PD Nov 2002.

Onto filing for 140-485 before dates move back again..

Friends Labor Approved

A friend of mine has got his labor approved today. His details are below

EB2/RIR/TN
PD Aug 19 2003
Case # P-05139-xxxxx
45 day letter Nov 2005
Approved 11/09/2006 (online status)

Hi Roma,
Though it is public disclosure system, it also means that people using it should be responsible. For example, you are neither my attorney nor my employer nor me. Now suppose you are checking my status and 1000 others. DOL finds that out from your IP, what's the defence ? So lets be careful with the mass checkup thing. Honestly, what purpose it serves ?

-thanks

roma77 said:
Why is it a misuse? You can do it without the program, just typing the numbers in. This is public information and I think you can use it any way you like. And I didn't see any perfomance degradation even though I ran my program on Friday, daytime.

Did you mean , your friend has two LC and he is using PD of the earlier one to file the I-140 of later one ? In that case did he get the second LC through PERM while the first LC was pending with PBEC ?

-Thank you !

GC_Ven said:
A friend of mine has got his labor approved today. His details are below

EB2/RIR/TN
PD Aug 19 2003
Case # P-05139-xxxxx
45 day letter Nov 2005
Approved 11/09/2006 (online status)
ETA #: P-05166-6XXXX(PBEC)
45-DL Received: 03/27/2006 Replied: 04/03/2006
Approved: 10/31/2006 Online Status
I-140 : Substitution filed with same PD.11/08/2006

indianpresent said:
Did you mean , your friend has two LC and he is using PD of the earlier one to file the I-140 of later one ? In that case did he get the second LC through PERM while the first LC was pending with PBEC ?

-Thank you !

FYI - everything below the horizontal line of the original mail contains the GC_Ven's signature.