BEC Priority Date Tracker

Case Closed and subsequently reopened as i had not received the 45 day letter.

Hi All,

You are all doing a wonderful job by posting information regularly, on the ongoing events at the "famous and backedup "

Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center.

The Following are the followups regarding my case since the last week of May.

1. Sent an e-mail to H1b7yr@PHI.DFLC.US during last week of May.

2. Received an email in response within one hour, showing my ETA case number and other details in a screen shot. All fields were correct and complete.

3. Mid June: My employer called the 202.... number to WashingtonDC Foreign Labour Department, enquiring about non

reciept of the 45 day letter. He was informed that my case was entered into system during May 1st week, was assigned to

an analyst on June 1st week. The person whom my employer spoke to was surprised that without receiving 45 day letter it

was assigned to analyst for further processing.

4. Contacted Attorney asking whether he received 45 day letter and replied to the same. He had not received it too.

5.On July 21, 2006 : I contacted PBEC giving my case Number, that I had not received the 45 Day letter yet. The Person

checked the database and informed that the Case has been closed and could not give no further info about reason for closing.
The same day by Mail, my employer received a letter from PBEC about case closure.

6. Contacted my attorney immediately, who still maintained that he had not yet heard from the department and was following up.

7. Date: 7/24/2006 : My employer sent an e-mail to reopenrequest@phi.dflc.us, stating we had not received 45 day letter and therefore requesting to

reopen case[ request sent to Philadelphi Backlog Elimination Centre].

8. On 7/27/2006, called PBEC in the afternoon, the person who took the call was helpful, took my case number and

informed that my case has been reopened around 12:00 Noon and an e-mail would be sent to the employer. Around

3:00pm, my employer received email from Dallas Backlog Elimination center about reopening of case and a screen shot. The Screen shot shows the case status as re-opened, and also Case reopen date.

9. Now confused where my case is in Philly/ Dallas. But am glad to know atleast my case was reopened.

10. Attorney, still to come up with any information about my case.

So Guys, whoever has had their Cases closed by error / Not yet received 45 day letter, Do not loose hope.
Its a good idea to make your employer call and check the status and do the necessary correspondence to the concerned backlog

center by e-mail/fax.
Do not rely much on the attorney for corresponding for reopening the case.

Pls add my info given below in your tracker.

Priority Date: 6/17/2004
45 Day Letter : Not Received.
ETA CAse Number : P-05138-*****
Type : RIR
State : FLORIDA, reached Regional office.
Case Closed Letter from PBEC: 7/21/2006
E-mail sent requesting reopening : 7/24/2006
Case Reopened : By e-mail from DBEC : 7/27/2006

WI (DBEC) approval

I just got word from my employer that my LC has been approved. I don't know the exact approval date yet, I will keep you posted on that. MDWatch, please update the tracker. My employer is planning to file 140 next week.

Question -
Guys, how do I cross verify what LC was actually used for the 140 filing? (probably wrong forum for the question so I apologize in advance).

When did you reply your 45 day letter?

concorde said:
I just got word from my employer that my LC has been approved. I don't know the exact approval date yet, I will keep you posted on that. MDWatch, please update the tracker. My employer is planning to file 140 next week.

Question -
Guys, how do I cross verify what LC was actually used for the 140 filing? (probably wrong forum for the question so I apologize in advance).

finally labor approved

hi folks,
Today I opened my mailbox and found a letter from PBEC stating that My labour has been approved . finally sigh of relief, Thank you to all of you guys for helping me whenever I needed.

Certifying officer is Barbara Shelly.

Certication date is 27 Jul 2006.

Mailbox

I too open my mailbox everyday, yes , even on sundays

All I find is grocery fliers and some very kind hearted bankers willing to give me credit card and loan. Nothing from PBEC. :confused:

waitinglist2003 said:
hi folks,
Today I opened my mailbox and found a letter from PBEC stating that My labour has been approved . finally sigh of relief, Thank you to all of you guys for helping me whenever I needed.

Certifying officer is Barbara Shelly.

Certication date is 27 Jul 2006.

same here

jul2002eb2md said:
I too open my mailbox everyday, yes , even on sundays

All I find is grocery fliers and some very kind hearted bankers willing to give me credit card and loan. Nothing from PBEC. :confused:

Same here.There is no hope at all . the last thing they want to do is swift processing in BEC. people in PERM are applying in days and getting approved.Not to be rude.But do think even BEC shud be given preference.In this pace i dont think they will meet the deadline of sep 2007 . it will take way longer.even a snail can beat this pace.after all this BEC labor approval. then we will have to still wait to hear from employers .thats one more backlog to be cleared . just hoping to get it before retirement.

Anaylst

Called the 202 number and was told that case had been forwarded to an analyst for review in June. Do you guys know how long it usually takes to go from there? :confused:

Analyst review

I think anlayst review is a fancy name for data entry. I was told the case forwarded to analyst in april.

Did you get a screen shot lately ? That will show if progress has been made by analyst. I got one in April and most of the fields were empty, I got one last week , all but prevaling wage field has data in it. My PD was changed from July to Aug 2002.

So_Pissed_Off said:
Called the 202 number and was told that case had been forwarded to an analyst for review in June. Do you guys know how long it usually takes to go from there? :confused:

Please correct my details in tracker

PD : 14-Mar-2003
DOL RD: 16-Aug-04
SWA: VA
RIR: Yes EB3
BPC Letter Replied: 18-FEB-2005
ETA Case Number: P-4287-xxxxx

screen shot

I asked my attorney and was told you only get general status in the screen shot. Did you send email to the H1B 7th year extension address? How long it usally takes to get a reply from that email? Thanks
jul2002eb2md said:
I think anlayst review is a fancy name for data entry. I was told the case forwarded to analyst in april.

Did you get a screen shot lately ? That will show if progress has been made by analyst. I got one in April and most of the fields were empty, I got one last week , all but prevaling wage field has data in it. My PD was changed from July to Aug 2002.

Labor Approved

Just got a voicemail from my lawyer that my labor is approved. My details are in the signature.My case was in Final Review since March 2006.

-----------------
SWA : NY
Type : EB2-RIR
PD : June 04, 2002
45 DL Received : Oct 13, 2005 / Replied: Oct 21, 2005
Case # : P-05129-99XXX

H1B7yr reply

I just sent email in the morning and got reply within an hour. Try sending email yourself. I don't see any harm.

So_Pissed_Off said:
I asked my attorney and was told you only get general status in the screen shot. Did you send email to the H1B 7th year extension address? How long it usally takes to get a reply from that email? Thanks

H1B7yr email

I had sent email 15 day before and in the reply Case Received Date was 10/13/2004.

Today when I got reply Case Received Date was NULL. If anybody have any idea ?

h1b ext email

Yes, I sent email to h1b 7th yr. Got reply within an hr. I believe its not just for attorney, you can make use of the facility too. I actually sent two emails (one without title by mistake). Both got reply with screen shot. I used my work email. I have't tried using my personal acct.

So_Pissed_Off said: