BEC Priority Date Tracker

PBEC MA Mar 2003 approval

#12719 17th April 2006, 11:16 PM
mgupta2050
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2006

Guys and Girls -

I have been reading this form for many months as a silent reader. I never posted before . I just wanted to share this with you guys .

my labor was filed : march,2003
State MA
Cateogry : Non RIR
Advertisement were done : Jan-March ,2005
Went to PBEC : April ,2005
45 days letter : Sep , 2005

Today I got email from my lawyer that my labor got approved i.e 4/17/2006 (after 3 years)

if any one need additional info, reply me here but i think I covered it all. I will check this form for many more days and reply with information all that I know. This form has made me aware of many things so I definitely owe something

I wish you all- all the best. Will see you guys in I140

-M Gupta

Please update: mine is EB3 instead of EB2

Gurus,
I just know that my company's lawyer filed EB3 for me instead of EB2. Actually the lawyer filed EB3 for every one with a Master degree in my company. I am very upset by this news.

Can anybody please tell me - why mine is under EB3 category even though I got the Master degree before working?

Thanks a lot and good luck to everybody!

kakakiki said:
Gurus,
I just know that my company's lawyer filed EB3 for me instead of EB2. Actually the lawyer filed EB3 for every one with a Master degree in my company. I am very upset by this news.

Can anybody please tell me - why mine is under EB3 category even though I got the Master degree before working?

EB2 and EB3 only come in play at the next stage. With a master degree you should be able to file EB2 if the ads required an advanced degree.

Thank you for your reply MDWatch! I guess I need to check the ads and see if it requires an advanced degree.
Also since I will start 7th year H1B very soon, I am considering Canada now - Another money consuming thing.

MDwatch said:
EB2 and EB3 only come in play at the next stage. With a master degree you should be able to file EB2 if the ads required an advanced degree.

kakakiki said:
Thank you for your reply MDWatch! I guess I need to check the ads and see if it requires an advanced degree.
Also since I will start 7th year H1B very soon, I am considering Canada now - Another money consuming thing.

Why not refile a new PERM application with your employer ? Your PD is almost 2005 so you have not much to lose ....

I consulted with the company lawyer last year about switching to PERM, and was told that since I don't have much time left before the 7th year extension of H1-B, I am not eligible for PERM. I need to file LC for at least one year to request the extension of H1B.
In addition, the lawyer will file EB3 for me again, so what's the point of switching?
Also, the money-graber lawyer will charge even more for which I am not willing to pay again. The lawyer charged $8000 for the RIR EB3, she might charged $4000 more for the PERM.
Anyway, thank you for your advice MDwatch!

MDwatch said:
Why not refile a new PERM application with your employer ? Your PD is almost 2005 so you have not much to lose ....

kakakiki said:
I consulted with the company lawyer last year about switching to PERM, and was told that since I don't have much time left before the 7th year extension of H1-B, I am not eligible for PERM. I need to file LC for at least one year to request the extension of H1B.
In addition, the lawyer will file EB3 for me again, so what's the point of switching?
Also, the money-graber lawyer will charge even more for which I am not willing to pay again. The lawyer charged $8000 for the RIR EB3, she might charged $4000 more for the PERM.
Anyway, thank you for your advice MDwatch!

Can you go to a different lawyer ? Plus you can submit a new application for a new job and keep the old one pending ... then you get extension based on the old one :)

mvinays,

Here are the summary and links from the postings of the non-RIR and Texas threads mainly.

Dallas BEC Updates:
gchope2005 (Certified)
Regular/EB3
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1400951&postcount=677

CALIHONEB (letter received on 3/15/06)
Regular/EB3/California
Please read the signature part of CALIHONEB
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1404219&postcount=684

Dallas BEC New Entries:
pani_6 (letter received)
Regular/EB3/Texas/PD: April 03
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1404387&postcount=685

Oct03 (letter received)
Regular/EB2/California/PD: 10/30/2003
45-day letter received: 4/1/2006
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1404072&postcount=681

Kupondole (letter received)
RIR/EB3/Texas/PD: 03/2004
45-day letter received: 4/10/06, replied: 4/18/06
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1404186&postcount=248

idasgupt (Certified)
RIR/EB2/Texas/PD: 2/22/2005
45-day letter: 3/29/2006
Approval Date: 4/13/2006
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1402968&postcount=242

surf_smarter (letter received)
RIR/EB3/Texas/PD: 12/2003
45-day letter: 3/8/2006
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1373877&postcount=226

Philadelphia New Entry:
pv_gc (letter received on 02/2006)
Regular/EB?/Virginia/PD: 09/2003
ETA Case#: P-05172-76xxx
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1398928&postcount=667

txtramdream said:
mvinays,

Here are the summary and links from the postings of the non-RIR and Texas threads mainly.

Thanks a lot for your support.

It is hard work to go through the threads in order to update the spreadsheet. We are looking forward to the support of people like yourself or Saknia.

Want to know know why PBEC is so slow ... try data entry ;)

MDwatch said:
Thanks a lot for your support.

It is hard work to go through the threads in order to update the spreadsheet. We are looking forward to the support of people like yourself or Saknia.

Want to know know why PBEC is so slow ... try data entry ;)

LOL...Yes!!!! Data entry is a lot of "fun"!!! :)

Thanks to txtramdream and saknia for being the worker bees in gathering the links for updates.

I request other forum members to post the links in this thread if they notice a novice member posting in another thread. Thank you all for helping us take care of the tracker. :)

Eb2/3

I'm in the same boat. I have a master degree and was filed as EB3. I didn't know this till last year (my PD was in 09/2002). It doesn't matter whether you have a master degree or not - if the job description says that it requires BS+5 years or master, you will be qualified for EB2, otherwise EB3.

There is a special category for EB2 that you might be able to apply at this point - EB2 for exceptional capbility. You have to meet three of the six criteria to apply for it. For more details, you many want to ask your lawyer and employer.

kakakiki said:
Gurus,

mvinays said:
LOL...Yes!!!! Data entry is a lot of "fun"!!! :)

Thanks to txtramdream and saknia for being the worker bees in gathering the links for updates.

I request other forum members to post the links in this thread if they notice a novice member posting in another thread. Thank you all for helping us take care of the tracker. :)

Thank you MDwatch and mvinays to keep this spreadsheet alive.

Don't know how the PBEC and DBEC can do the synchronization. DBEC seems to be faster, but they simply don't process any TR (still at state level) cases. It makes me feel so lost when I saw DBEC certify the Feb 2005 case. PBEC seems to work on those TR (state level) cases by posting the ad. I don't know if any TR (state level) cases with PBEC's ad. posted have been certified. Anyone from PBEC TR state level ??? Please comment.

txtramdream said:

Don't know how the PBEC and DBEC can do the synchronization. DBEC seems to be faster, but they simply don't process any TR (still at state level) cases. It makes me feel so lost when I saw DBEC certify the Feb 2005 case. PBEC seems to work on those TR (state level) cases by posting the ad. I don't know if any TR (state level) cases with PBEC's ad. posted have been certified. Anyone from PBEC TR state level ??? Please comment.
HI, txtramdream,

I am in the same boat as you. My PD is July, 2002 and never reach region. I have not got 45 days letters yet. I just feel no hope at all.

45 day letter in!

My case of PD Aug 2003 from WA state, which never made to regional received a 45 day letter today, and responded to today. Finally an update on my signature

Enqueued
WA PD: Aug 2003
45 DL received/replied: 4/18/06
Approval: Not yet

PBEC VA July 2002 approval RIR EB3

free2fly
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2004

VA July 2002 approval RIR EB3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys I am happy to report that I finally got my approval today from PBEC. Best Luck to all who are waiting.

Details:
VA July 2002 approval RIR EB3

txtramdream said:

Thank you txtramdream. My PD is Aug 2001, Indiana. Attorney filed my case as RIR EB2 but it has been recorded as TR Case (Traditional) in Dallas backlog center (DBEC). I got 45DL on Oct 2005. But sofar I didn't get the approval.As you said, since it is TR, it might be taking time. I asked my attorney. He told that both TR and RIR are going on same track and there won't be any difference. I think that is not true. Will it take more time to get approval?. Thanks.

Priority Date Details

Hello,
Could you please add my details to the tracker spreadsheet?

State: MA
Type: Non-RIR, EB3
Priority Date: April 2nd 2003
45 day notice received: April 5th 2006
Responded on : April 6th 2006
Case Number: T-05175-XXXXX (Haven't checked after the response to 45 day letter was sent).

Thanks!!

Hey txtramdream, is it true that no State cases have been approved by DBEC? That sure is disappointing...I vaguely remember I've seen posts indicating State case approvals but I could be wrong.

txtramdream said:
DBEC seems to be faster, but they simply don't process any TR (still at state level) cases.