BEC Priority Date Tracker

letter with contacts

Please send this message to contacts listed. if you do not help yourself, no one will.

to: secretaryelainechao@dol.gov
subject: bring your attention to some interesting numbers

Hi, Dear Ms. Chao:

I think that you will be very interested in what I am revealing to you in this letter.

For Labor Certifcation, there are currently two Backlog Elimination Centers: Dallas & Philadelphia. An online tracker showed some interesting data. The online tracker can be considerred as a survey. Among this sample, 770 cases in Philadelphia and 756 in Dallas (as of March 24, 2006).

The survey showed that Dallas has processed 49.7% (376) of its cases , whereas Philadelphia has only processed 19.5% (150) of its cases. That means that

1) Philadephia works only 39.2% efficient as Dalas (19.5/49.7 = 39.2%).

2) If Dalas can finish its work in 2 years, Philadelphia will finish its work in 5.1 years.

That is why on the tracker, you see latest approvals from Philadelphia are 2002 cases, while latest approvals from Dalas are 2004 cases.

If Philadelphia is telling you that they are doing things differently and they will pick up speed later, it is a lie. The reason is sample: both centers have sent out same amount of 45-day letters (Philadelphia sent out 74.3% of its cases and Dallas 71.3%).

I sincerely think that you want to do something about it.

DOL Contacts for letters and fax

Ms. Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of Labor
(202) 693-6000

Mr. Paul T. Conway
Chief of Staff
(202) 693-6007

Mr. Steven J. Law
Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Ms. Ruth D. Knouse
Executive Secretariat Director
(202) 693-6100

Ms. Amy Barrera
Director of Advance & Scheduling
(202) 693-6003

Ms. Laura Genero
Associate Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Address for all the above people
U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210

Screen Shot

The screen shot has 3 fields/columns:
1) Case Information
case number, case type, personal information, PD, Data entry assigned to.., Processing center etc

2) Data Review
Date submitted
45 day letter generated 4/4/05, letter retruned 4/19/05

3) Traditional Recruitment
All field empty as my case is RIR

subrata_baguli said:
Hi Atlanta,

Did you receive following information from the screenshot?

"45 day generated 04/04/05 reply received 04/19/05"

Regards,

Subrata

Address for ABC NEWS
abc.news.magazines@abc.com

REMEMBER TO SEND BELOW LETTER TO ALL YOU FRIENDS VIA EMAIL AND ASK THEM TO MAKE A CALENDER ENTRY, ASK YOUR FRIENDS TO FORWARD THIS LETTER TO ALL THEIR FRIENDS. PLEASE DO IT NOW.
ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS CUT AND PASTE AND SEND A EMAIL.

WE WILL TRY TO UPDATE THE POSTING WITH MORE ADDRESS/FAXES OF SENATORS AND MEDIA.

WE ARE SENDING LETTERS (MAIL/FAX) ON APRIL 3rd an April 4th.
POSTING = DROPING LETTERS IN POST BOX ON THAT DAY

Q) Are we sending letters to Ms.Chao only or all members on the team.

WE ARE SENDING LETTERS TO ALL MEMBERS ON THAT TEAM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE POST BELOW ON EVERY website and different forums within a website (murthy/immigrationportal/etc) YOU VISIT------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are trying to conduct a nation wide rally of faxes/mail to be sent to Concerned authorities on April 3rd and April 4th, if your Labor is stuck in any of the BEC please send a
- Mail to below address (so that all mail could reach authorities on same week)
- Fax to below number (so that all faxes could reach authorities on same day)

Dates: April 3rd (preferable) and APRIL 4th (if you forget)
MAKE A CALENDER ENTRY

Please use same subject in all your faxes, no matter how you want to address your content of the letter. Please try to post matter of this posting to all forums you visit.

Subject: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification application approval process at BECs

WE ARE NOT VOTING ON WETHER WE WANT TO FAX or MAIL.. I would say lets do both. IF you prefer Fax send a Fax(if you get the number please provide us the fax number too), if you prefer Mail send a mail. I recommend BOTH ways.

DOL Contacts

Ms. Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of Labor
(202) 693-6000

Mr. Paul T. Conway
Chief of Staff
(202) 693-6007

Mr. Steven J. Law
Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Ms. Ruth D. Knouse
Executive Secretariat Director
(202) 693-6100

Ms. Amy Barrera
Director of Advance & Scheduling
(202) 693-6003

Ms. Laura Genero
Associate Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Address for all the above people
U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are we sending these letters only to Ms. Chao or to everyone on the below list ?
should we start sending letters on April 3rd or make sure letters reach them on april 3rd or 4th.

WE SEND LETTERS ON APRIL 3rd or 4th (NOT BEFORE)
WE FAX LETTERS ON APRIL 3rd or 4th

Below is the sample draft:
-------------------------
Dear Sir / Madam,

Sub: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification Application approval process at BECs

I would like to bring it to your attention the delays in LCA approval process at the two BECs, most notably the Philadelphia. I have been waiting for almost 2 years since the commencement of two BECs and have not recieved our apporvals.

Me and my family are suffering constantly due to these delays. Please take necessary measures to speed up the approval process.

I would be highly obliged if you look into this matter as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
your name
City, State, Zipcode
TR/RIR

Update !!

Folks,

I got my updated information as follows:

Case Number: P-05154-53***
State: New Jersey
Case Source: State
Priority Date (PD): 02/04/2004
Processing Type: EB3/RIR
Case Reciept Date: 02/04/2004

Although I have not recieved any 45 Day Letter. My company's HR is as uncooperative as it gets. They do not even let me talk to the attorney directly. I am completely oblivious to what is happening.

I am already in 6th year of H1 and will need 7th year extension after Nov 2006.

If I undestand it correctly, this means my case has been entered in the system and a 45 day letter must have been generated.

Any Comments !!!

T to P means entered

Hi Talktome,

Since you have 'P' as the prefix in your case number, there is a good chance that your application is entered into the system. That is the general convention. Since we have no absolute data for anything anywhere in DOL, you can take that assumption safely.

As for your lack of access, you are not alone in it.

- BruceWillis

My case is estimated to have been entered on Jan05, but i didnt get the 45 day letter until an year later in Jan06. You probably should expect to get yours soon.

Further - When i did get the letter, it was along with a request for more information about my employer. So even if the case number starts with P, it probably only means that data entry is completed. They may still ask for clarifications.

talktome said:
Folks,

I got my updated information as follows:

Case Number: P-05154-53***
State: New Jersey
Case Source: State
Priority Date (PD): 02/04/2004
Processing Type: EB3/RIR
Case Reciept Date: 02/04/2004

Although I have not recieved any 45 Day Letter. My company's HR is as uncooperative as it gets. They do not even let me talk to the attorney directly. I am completely oblivious to what is happening.

I am already in 6th year of H1 and will need 7th year extension after Nov 2006.

If I undestand it correctly, this means my case has been entered in the system and a 45 day letter must have been generated.

Any Comments !!!

A question

Your case number had a prefix of 'P' even before you got your 45 DL?

jcgc said:
My case is estimated to have been entered on Jan05, but i didnt get the 45 day letter until an year later in Jan06. You probably should expect to get yours soon.

Further - When i did get the letter, it was along with a request for more information about my employer. So even if the case number starts with P, it probably only means that data entry is completed. They may still ask for clarifications.

BruceWillis said:

the case number is assigned when the file is keyed into the BEC system

number you refer to is the Case Received Date at the BEC, first 2 digits are the year, next 3 are the number of days.

for example my case number is D-04320-xxxxx

D - Dallas
04 - 2004
320th day of the year - 15th November

This was the date my case was keyed in the system.

If you have a screen shot, then try it yourself.

The question is what do the last 5 digits mean?...system generated? a serial number? file location? perhaps more than one piece of imformation. maybe its just sequential and they thought they could only file 99,999 cases per day...lol

Either way, FIFO isn't being maintatined either by PD date, 45 day letter responded date, RIR, State/Regional, or EB2/EB3 !

Realise that the date of the 45 day letter would be sometime after the initial registration date referenced in the case number. In my case my 45 day letter was sent out 4 months after it was entered into the BEC system.

BEC expected to reduce the case load my lack of responses to the 45 day letter, therefore they would not begin processing until the 45 day response was returned.

I feel that the more likely date of significance is the date your 45 day response was acknowledged by BEC. Meaning once they had a reply, then they decide to proceed with the application.

your reference P-05154 means Philly 2005, 154th day or 3rd June, this is the date your case was entered into the BEC system. The 45 day letter would be generated and dated sometime later.

jcgc said:

p-05012

entered into BEC

P=Philly
05=2005
012=12th day...12th January

LC approved

I got a call from my lawyer assistant today. My LC finally approved. More than 4 years wait! It is hard to believe it. Now I will start to prepare doc for the I-140.

Good luck for all of you!

Hi,

Is there a website that has all the tracker information. I would really appreciate if any one could let me know the web address. I applied my labor in atlanta, which BEC does atlanta come under? sorry for all the newbie questions.

This is great information that every body could use. I know i got my 45 day letter and my lawyer replied to it. I will post my details when i get the details from my lawyer.
Thanks

Updated XL tracker

Added my wife's PD date.
Maybe we will not need to update this tracker anymore if we get the NEW LAW approved.
Good luck! :)

mugur said:
Added my wife's PD date.
Maybe we will not need to update this tracker anymore if we get the NEW LAW approved.
Good luck! :)

DIRECTIONS: PLEASE JUST POST YOUR UPDATES. MVINAYS or MYSELF WILL UPDATE THE TRACKER. WE ARE STILL CAPTURING STUFF FROM OTHER FORUMS SO IT IS HARDER TO KEEP VERSION CONTROL IF OTHER PEOPLE UPDATE THE TRACKER DIRECTLY

- WHEN POSTING UPDATES, PLEASE INCLUDE INFO YOU MAY HAVE:

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date

RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no. - please provide all but last 3 numbers
45-day letter Date received
IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST YOUR SCREENSHOT, PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO POST STATE AND REGIONAL RD

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER

BruceWillis said:

BruceWillis:
I didnt request a screenshot, so i dont know if it was T or P before the 45 day letter was recieved.

Pegasus503:
Thanks for the decode. I kinda had figured it that way when i mentioned that my case was entered in Jan05 (thanks to this forum).

But the point is that when i got my 45-day letter, it had a CORRECTIONS LIST and requested additional information about my employer (like articles of incorporation, business license, state registration etc.). My lawyer sent these along with the SELECTION of CONTINUATION OPTION LETTER. So the P status doesnt necessarily mean that the case is complete and ready to be processed. We would have a better idea if we knew what were the reasons for other 45-day letters /cases with T-status. Thoughts?

PD: Oct. 15, 2001
Remand: LC to SWA for LC-NW: 3/1/2004
Received 45 days letter: Dec. 27, 2005
Replied 45 days letter: Jan. 4, 2006
State: CA
approval: ????

Partial and Full entry

So this is the common knowledge that you are missing in your interpretation.
All the applications that are backlog centers are entered into the system in what they call a partial entry. That is how all the cases get a 'T' prefixed to it. The case number gets assigned on the day of partial entry. The Jan 05 that you are referring to is when your application was partially entered into the system. After that the supermen in DOL sit on their ass and do what they call a full entry. During a full entry a 45 DL is sent to the employer for possition corrections\clarifications. YOu will be best adviced not to read any corrections sought during 45 DL as special communication. It is just a damn 45 DL. Nothing more.

I hope it helps

jcgc said:
BruceWillis:
I didnt request a screenshot, so i dont know if it was T or P before the 45 day letter was recieved.

Pegasus503:
Thanks for the decode. I kinda had figured it that way when i mentioned that my case was entered in Jan05 (thanks to this forum).

But the point is that when i got my 45-day letter, it had a CORRECTIONS LIST and requested additional information about my employer (like articles of incorporation, business license, state registration etc.). My lawyer sent these along with the SELECTION of CONTINUATION OPTION LETTER. So the P status doesnt necessarily mean that the case is complete and ready to be processed. We would have a better idea if we knew what were the reasons for other 45-day letters /cases with T-status. Thoughts?

Labor Aprroved

Hi all
Wanted to share the Good News , that my labor got approved.Just few hours back my lawyer conveyed the message.Another labor from my company with PD 2001 also got approved.He also said that many approvals are comming in.Looks like a good sign.Also today is our New Year .What a great way to start a NEW YEAR.I wish each and everyone the same happiness and to getout of this ASAP.Thanks and GoodLuck to all.