BEC Priority Date Tracker

JustWatching said:
rkhirani - updated (CERTIFIED)
trendsetter - added
ccv - added (Your case most likely never made it to Regional. You will get case no. when you receive the 45-day letter)
LC Florida - updated
my_gc007 - updated (I think it will be another month (or two) before we can start predicting arrival of 45-day letters of SWA cases.)
ern2005 - updated (CERTIFIED) Case # 100 Certified in the tracker. Congratulations.

Pegasus503, roro13, s_chicago, gth999, ccv, LC Florida, trendsetter and others - Thank you for your comments.
Also thanks to mvinays for reposting updates. You have no idea how much that helps.

- WHEN POSTING UPDATES, PLEASE INCLUDE INFO YOU MAY HAVE:

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date
RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no. - please provide all but last 3 numbers
45-day letter Date received

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER

I got this through Screen shot
Case Source: State
California SWA
RIR
PD - March, 2005
RD - NO TRANSFER
BEC Case no. - D-05211-62XXX
Case Recieved Date: July 30, 2005
45-day letter -?
Case Status: Data Review

Should I expect 45 day letter in Sep. 2005?

Got Lc Approval From Dbec

My lawyer received my LC approval in mail. I don't know when it was actually certified in the DBEC system

here are my details...

DOL - San Francisco
PD - JULY 2002
RD - MAY 2003
45 Day Letter received 03/10/2005 replied 03/18/2005

another LC approval from PBEC

Justwatching, do you want to add this to the tracker?

I read this post from a bbs forum.

username : longwaitting

SWA : PA (Pennsylvania)
PD : 09/2002
RD : 12/2003
Regular or RIR? : Regular
45-day letter received: 03/2005
LC Certified : 08/2005

Since the original SWA is PA, I assume the approval came from PBEC. I don't have any other info.

What is Permanent Disclosure Data ?

Does any one know what the data is for in http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx
"Download Permanent Disclosure Data" ?

Analyze the data and you can see a lot ???

"Description of last significant event" "Number Of Case"
---------------------------------
NULL 3471
Appeal Request Received 39
Appeal Sent to ALJ 572
Certified 334209
Denial Affirmed by ALJ 914
Denial Case Dismissed by ALJ 41
Denial Remanded to Region by ALJ 7
Denied, Permanent 3932
Forwarded to N/O 3
NOF Issued 5961
NOF Rebuttal Due 1
NOF Rebuttal Received 552
NOF Time Extension Granted 1031
Received Regional Office 69544
Reconsideration Denied 134
Reduction in Recruitment Denied 3678
Remand Issued to Employer 2780
Remand Issued to State 6969
Reopened by Region (Reconsideration) 9
Response from INS/OIG 1
Returned after Red. Rec. Denied 65
Returned By Emp after Remand 653
Returned By State after Remand 242
Returned from Archive 4
Withdrawn 4490

There ae about 436907 case from year 2000 to 2004.

Jan '03 case approved at Dallas BEC

JustWatching,
Hats off to your work. Please add my info to the tracker.

My case info -

Michigan SWA
EB3
RIR
PD - 12/xx/04
RD - "NO TRANSFER"
New BEC Case no. - Don't know
45-day letter Date received - Not yet

Here is one more case of my friend's which got certified (came to know through screen shot).

My friend's case -
Michigan SWA
EB3
RIR
PD - 01/17/2003
RD - 04/20/2004
New BEC Case no. : D-05011-1XXXX
45-day letter Date received - 01/11/2005
Case status : Certified
Approval date : could not find this info in the screen shot.

Thanks,
GPG

Please Stop Inquiring if you really dont need to

DOL Concern with Abuse of the LC Verification Procedure

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) labor certification Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC) have an eMail address available for requesting a screenshot of the date a pending labor certification was filed. This system was begun so that pending labor certification cases could be confirmed to establish eligibility for H1B extensions beyond the six-year limit. The system is apparently being abused by those sending requests that are clearly unrelated to H1B extensions. This misuse is causing delays for bona fide H1B extension applicants.

The Philadelphia BEC reported in July 2005 that they are receiving eMails requesting the case confirmation screen even when the beneficiary is not in H1B status. As a result, the Philadelphia BEC may be delayed in sending the screenshots for legitimate H1B extension cases. The Philadelphia BEC has requested that the eMail address only be used to request screenshots for proof for one-year incremental H1B extensions only.

We presume that people have been utilizing this eMail address simply to verify that a case has reached the BEC. It is certainly understandable that having cases in an untraceable system creates anxiety and even distrust between employer / employee and client / attorney. There are also times when the filing date and proof of the filing date are vital. This is true in cases filed prior to April 30, 2001, for 245(i) qualification. Thus, people may be seeking the proof of filing for purposes of establishing 245(i) eligibility based upon the labor certification filing. The verification system was established, however, for the limited purpose of H1B extensions while the data is being entered into the system. This restriction should be recognized and respected to help everyone in the long run.

On a related but separate matter, we at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy suggest that the DOL may wish to consider permitting verification through the eMail address or another system for other genuine purposes for those who need some verification or are anxious about pending cases. Of course, after the DOL issues all the 45-day continuation letters, the need for the eMail address for H1B extensions is eliminated. The excessive demand for eMail verifications is likely delaying the issuance of the 45-day letters and case processing by the BECs, so it is best to cooperate and use the system sparingly for legitimate cases.

© 2005, The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. All Rights Reserved

Updated Tracker

nsk77 - updated (CERTIFIED)
gmr - added (RIR?)
Delicateone - added
h1bpro - added
cipher8000 - previously updated (CERTIFIED)
endless_gc_w8 - updated (CERTIFIED)
kcnagaraju - not updated (not his case )
2muchwait - updated (CERTIFIED)
saburi_gc - added (CERTIFIED)
andyrs - updated (CERTIFIED)
jnpr - added (CERTIFIED)
Fishs0201 - added
GPG - added
GPG-friend - added (CERTIFIED)
tusharm - added (CERTIFIED)
whereismylc - not added (CERTIFIED - no state/region
jd_in - added (CERTIFIED)

- WHEN POSTING UPDATES, PLEASE INCLUDE INFO YOU MAY HAVE:

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date
RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no. - please provide all but last 3 numbers
45-day letter Date received

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER

Hi Justwatching , mvinay and all. I really appreciate your efforts on this thread.
Please update my entry.
I just got some information regarding my 45 day letter.

case number : D-05144-*****;
45 day letterreceived/ responded 6/27/2005

Thanks
vj

Friends,
I am sorry to let you know that my brother got laid off on Friday (Aug 12). He is on F-1 OPT and has only 3 months remaining to change status to H-1. His OPT expires on Dec 12, 2005. We are very worried because of the quota issue. He is a Mechanical Engineer and has a Master's degree in Mech Engg from the US. There are only 10,000 more H-1B visas left for US Master's degree holders for FY 2006. If he doesn't get a new job and hence a new H-1B status, he will have to permanently go back to India after Dec 12, 2005. Only God knows how much my mom and him have struggled to get student loans and have him get a US Master's degree. It is very painful to think of it. He is now starting to apply for PhD programs and other MS degrees to maintain F-1 status after OPT expiration. If any of you guys are Mechanical Engineers and have possible job openings in your company, please contact me ASAP. I can forward his resume to you. I will greatly appreciate any support you can offer.
Thank you all!!!

------------

Also, I know that this is unrelated to this tracker...I have most friends in this tracker and hence but I am posting it here because I need emotional support from my friends in this thread. So, please don't shoot me.

Please add to tracker

I didn't find this case in the tracker file:

AbstractVision
CASE: Maryland RIR
Priority Date: Aug 2002
Never made to regional
45 Days letter : received last week of July' 05

For MD ppl who were stuck at SWA, this is a little flicker of light at the far end of dark tunnel. So far this is the only MD case which didnt make to regional and received 45 day letter.

Please add my friend into the tracker

Case: RIR - Maryland EB2
PD: Sep 5, 2003
Never made to regional
45 Days letter : No

Thank you very much.