Be warned of travel by Air France (Jaxen your comments please)

loni

Registered Users (C)
Just to warn you guys that if you have a nonimmigrant visa and you are flying out of the US in Air France, carry a copy of the document (posted in the French consulate web site) exempting Indians with an American Visa from getting an airport transit visa. I had a horrible experience in Miami airport this friday when they didnot let me board the flight to New Delhi (via Paris) because I had an Indian passport and I did not have a French airport transit visa. They did this inspite of the fact that I was armed with a valid H1 visa and an advanced parole. I learnt of the exemption after I went to the web site. It being an weekend I cannot even pursue my case until Monday when I plan to go to the French consulate and sort the matter. For all I know the consulate may still insist that I get a transit visa, in which case I will have to get one. To be saying that I am very frustrated and disappointed with Air France (they did not notify the need of a transit visa when I called a week before departure) will be an understatement. Jaxen, I notice you are an authority on immigration uses at this website; maybe you can offer me some advise. Also, when you surrender your I-94 at the airport, do you surrender just the half spelling out your name and birth or do you surrender both halfs including the one which shows the validity of your visa? Thx

Air france has been like this for a while.

And the third world country consulates (indian, chinese) are sitting sucking their thumbs and not raising a noise.

while going out you submit all the I94 parts. While coming back you fill out the whole thing and the INS officer is supposed to give you the small counterfoil stamped back to you.
Please write to customer relations of airfrance about this. (http://www.airfrance.com/us )
Incidentally I cancelled my ticket with Air france few months ago and switched to good old delta.