Bcis Is Something Else

Sessanga Charlesa

Registered Users (C)
I finally got the letter i was waiting for since june the 24 and guess what the contents are,

BCIS is telling me that the document submitted is not sufficient to warrant favorable consideration of my petition/application.The following information is also required:

1. Submit a new form G-325A.

2. submit form I-693.

3. Submit evidence that you have been physically present in the US for at least one year,in the aggregate,from the date that your asylum application was granted.Your evidence may be in the form of Employment records,School Records, Tax records,Rental or Mortgage records,Bank records or other evidence that shows you have been physically present in the US.

4. Submit an affidavit listing all departures from the US and all entries into the US since you were granted asylum.Submit evidence of all dates traveled.Evidence submitted should include passports used,travel documents issued by this service,and any I-94 issued upon reentry into the US.
If you did not traveled since you were granted asylum then state so in your affidavit.

submit original copies only.copies will not be accepted.

5. Additional evidence is needed to complete your case.Submit an affidavit detailing an account of what your intentions leading up to and at the time you applied for and were issued a B1/B2 visa for business from the U.S Consulate in........on....... evidence
submitted should include:

A- A complete itinerary form.
B- A letter of invitation from the U.S company stating the purpose and length of the trip;this letter should also indicate who will bear financial responsibility for the trip.
C- Documentation establishing the sponsoring company`s bona fides,such as company registration and licenses,letters of credit,and evidence of past and existing business activities.
D- Documentetion establishing the applicant`s company`s relationship with the inviting company,such as past correspondence,contracts,bills of lading,etc.
E- Documentations establishing your personel status,such as marriage certificates,letters confirming employment,bank statements,payslips,etc.

If your intentions were other than business,it appears that you may be inadmissible,or ineligible for adjustments of status under section 212(a)(6)(c)(i).Misrepresantation

Any alien who by fraud or willfully misrepresenting a material fact,seeks to procure(or has sought to procure or has procured)a visa,other documentation,or admission into the US or other benefit provided under this Act is inadmisable".
Therefore you must complete the attached form I-602,Application by Refugee for waiveer of grounds of Excludability.

Also submit the original passport you used to enter united states on........copies will not be accepted.

Submit all of the evidence requested

Submit some or none of the evidence requested and ask for a decision based upon the record;or

Withdraw the application or petion.(it is noted that if you request that the application or petition be withdrawn,the filling fee cannot be refunded).

Interesting has anybody ever seen such crap?
Thank God i kept all my records.It looks like i am being interrogated once again i thought i was done with the interview i had when i applied for asylum,but it doesn`t seem to be the case.

Are you required to submit all this at adjustment stage when you are about to get green card, or are you applying for green card just after grant of asylum?

Well, when they mentioned political asylum, thats means lots of political things involved. Its scary when they asked for original documents since they are very famous misplaced someone's documents. Well...good luck.

Originally posted by Sessanga Charlesa
I finally got the letter i was waiting for since june the 24 and guess what the contents are,

BCIS is telling me that the document submitted is not sufficient to warrant favorable consideration of my petition/application.The following information is also required:

2. submit form I-693.

3. Submit evidence that you have been physically present in the US for at least one year,in the aggregate,from the date that your asylum application was granted.Your evidence may be in the form of Employment records,School Records, Tax records,Rental or Mortgage records,Bank records or other evidence that shows you have been physically present in the US.

4. Submit an affidavit listing all departures from the US and all entries into the US since you were granted asylum.Submit evidence of all dates traveled.Evidence submitted should include passports used,travel documents issued by this service,and any I-94 issued upon reentry into the US.
If you did not traveled since you were granted asylum then state so in your affidavit.

5. Additional evidence is needed to complete your case.Submit an affidavit detailing an account of what your intentions leading up to and at the time you applied for and were issued a B1/B2 visa for business from the U.S Consulate in........on....... evidence

B- A letter of invitation from the U.S company stating the purpose and length of the trip;this letter should also indicate who will bear financial responsibility for the trip.
C- Documentation establishing the sponsoring company`s bona fides,such as company registration and licenses,letters of credit,and evidence of past and existing business activities.
D- Documentetion establishing the applicant`s company`s relationship with the inviting company,such as past correspondence,contracts,bills of lading,etc.
E- Documentations establishing your personel status,such as marriage certificates,letters confirming employment,bank statements,payslips,etc.

If your intentions were other than business,it appears that you may be inadmissible,or ineligible for adjustments of status under section 212(a)(6)(c)(i).Misrepresantation

Any alien who by fraud or willfully misrepresenting a material fact,seeks to procure(or has sought to procure or has procured)a visa,other documentation,or admission into the US or other benefit provided under this Act is inadmisable".
Therefore you must complete the attached form I-602,Application by Refugee for waiveer of grounds of Excludability.

Also submit the original passport you used to enter united states on........copies will not be accepted.

Submit some or none of the evidence requested and ask for a decision based upon the record;or

Withdraw the application or petion.(it is noted that if you request that the application or petition be withdrawn,the filling fee cannot be refunded).

Thank God i kept all my records.It looks like i am being interrogated once again i thought i was done with the interview i had when i applied for asylum,but it doesn`t seem to be the case.

YOU MUST BE KIDDING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
I am shocked by their response to you!!!!! It seems as if they want you to go through the same crapy process again. I feel so lucky that I did not have to go through this and it makes me mad as hell because they put you through this my friend. I guess you did not have a lawyer when you went through the process. These guys do not screw with lawyers and probably will never ask you to provide this kind of evidence if your lawyers already prepared your asylum case for you. I was mad at my lawyer for charging a fortune to process my case and now i feel that the money was well spent. I guess that this is the lesson that i learn everday in America: money talks. I will actually send my lawyer a gift and tell him hopw grateful i am for him. Ofcourse, this may be a product of a bad luck or there is a possibility that some of your former coworkers, with whom you have issues, may have reported you to the FBI and then the FBI reported you to the INS. Yes, red neck stupidity is on the rise these days and they can do a lot with their paranoid attitues. I do not think i would have ever provided the INS with what they want if this happened to me and that i would have given up. Sessanga, i feel your pain man but you know i am glad you kept all the evidence. This is clearly an unfair situation for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds to me that they think you lied on your visa application. I would see a lawyer before doing anything else.

Originally posted by Lazerthegreat
Are you required to submit all this at adjustment stage when you are about to get green card, or are you applying for green card just after grant of asylum?

Not that i know of. BCIS knows that if a person is fleeing his or her own country due to persecution it doesn`t matter how you got the visa,its a question of proving that you fled your country for fear of your life otherwise if they to look into that then no asylee would be abe to adjust to permanent resident.
I might be a target of interest but they are not going to be able subdue.

I myself have proof from international committe of redross ICRC that i eas persecuted.If am not wanted in the US then i can go to other countries.I`m not going to be scared come what may.

I agree that how asylum applicants entered the US should not be relevant. I know they often give a hard time to people who come here as tourists and then promptly marry. For asylees? that is the first time.

This is unbelievable! Is that because you came on business visa? I think you need a lawyer. They should not be asking these questions at this stage. What state do you live?

Originally posted by Gilbert
It sounds to me that they think you lied on your visa application. I would see a lawyer before doing anything else.

That is what i concluded as well.

I won`t do anything as you said until i see a lawyer.I didn`t go to sleep last night until 4.00 AM,digging out every document i am required to present.

I was surprised to see that i still have every document that i am required to subbmit as proof thank God.

I do have a lawyer that i expect to see next week.

One thing i know for sure is that i am not deportable at least not back home.

I urge my fellow asylees to keep all records as intact as possible

so that BCIS may not use that as an excuse to mistreat you.

They Sux

I know how messed up these clowns are. I submitted my medical results when I sent in my I-485 application in 1997 but these bozos asked me again to send in another medical results in 2002 just 2 months before I received my approval letter. I had to spend another $150 for the X-rays and all that stuff. I tried to call NSC to let them know that I submitted my medical results with my I-485 app in 97 but the darn phone was always busy and the letter that requested for medical results said my application will be considered abandoned if they dont get the medical results in 60 days. And this is just one story out of a number of things that went wrong with my I-485 app, but in the end I got approval. The whole experience was VERY frustrating.

Jack

Originally posted by Sessanga Charlesa

2. submit form I-693.

Not that I know. It seems that while reviewing your biographic information they found something not consistent to their eyes. This is why they are asking for the G-325 form again.
I went through the asylum and adjustment process without a lawyer; and, if I had to start over again, I would do everything by myself again.
However; in this case, I concur with Gilbert and at least I would make my answer be reviewed by a lawyer before responding. The problem is going to be find a competent one.
Good thing is that you have everything documented. Just follow instructions in the letter and attach everything they are asking. Make them to have no arguments to insist on any further information.
Good luck

Sessanga Charlesa,

I wish you luck in this process and please document your responses with the progress in your case and post it here for those of us who are still waiting for ANY response since we applied.

I do have a questions though, Were you granted asylum by the Asylum officer in those reigional offices or you were granted asylum by the Immigration Judge through the court system?

Keep your hopes up things will work out...

Regards

Originally posted by RAsylee
Sessanga Charlesa,

I wish you luck in this process and please document your responses with the progress in your case and post it here for those of us who are still waiting for ANY response since we applied.

I do have a questions though, Were you granted asylum by the Asylum officer in those reigional offices or you were granted asylum by the Immigration Judge through the court system?

Keep your hopes up things will work out...

I was granted asylum through asylum officers.
I had overwhelming proof that i left my country for fear of my life that it was unlikely to be declined with an asylee officer.

G-325A form is pretty straightforward: residences, marriages, jobs. It is possible though that they think, that you might have go back to your country. Good thing that you kept all the RTDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Gilbert
Sessanga Charlesa,

Can you let us know if you are from an Arab/Muslim country?

I am neither an arab nor a muslim i am a christian from a christian dominated country in east Africa

Hello, guys!
Thanks for having his forum, it's helping to all us a lot.
I have got request for additional evidance from INS(my RD date - Jan 9 1999, FP-9\2002).
They ask to send again
Biographical info form.
Also they asking to send Medical Exem which I did not do before,
and evidance I have been fisically in USA at least one year from the date Asylum was approved (no any explanation what kind of evidence they want to see). Everything ahs to be sent to them in 2 month.
About Medical: does anybody have experiance with positive reaction for TB-skin test? I afraid it can complicate my exem. I do have positive reaction because of the special BCG vacsination I have received in my country. But here they do not beleive ihere in this and starting to treat you for 6 month. I feel as I am at serious risk then.

to Sessanga Charlesa

I understand what you are feeling now.
But just give to them everything they ask. Any way it is better then if they would ask you to come for interview, I beleive.
Truly beleive, everything will be OK with your case.
Good luck!

Originally posted by TiredOne
Hello, guys!
Thanks for having his forum, it's helping to all us a lot.
I have got request for additional evidance from INS(my RD date - Jan 9 1999, FP-9\2002).
They ask to send again
Biographical info form.
Also they asking to send Medical Exem which I did not do before,
and evidance I have been fisically in USA at least one year from the date Asylum was approved (no any explanation what kind of evidence they want to see). Everything ahs to be sent to them in 2 month.
About Medical: does anybody have experiance with positive reaction for TB-skin test? I afraid it can complicate my exem. I do have positive reaction because of the special BCG vacsination I have received in my country. But here they do not beleive ihere in this and starting to treat you for 6 month. I feel as I am at serious risk then.

It looks they are asking you the same they are asking to Sessanga.
As for your question about medical, you will find the answers to your questions on page 6 of form I-693 which you can download from the BCIS website "Medical Clearance requirements for aliens seeking adjustment of status"
Skin test reaction and normal chest x-ray or abnormal chest x-ray: immediate clearance
Skin test reaction and abnormal chest x-ray or abnormal chest x-ray: 10-30 days
Skin test reaction and abnormal chest x-ray or abnormal chest x-ray: 10-300 days
Action required for each case is also explained there or you can ask your physician.
Good luck