• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

bank statement

hi there!

I going to be interviewed in JOHANNESBURG SOUTH AFRICA.
I have made an investment here and it does bring around R3500 a Month, which is $350 or so per Month.

Plus, I have two registered Companies here in South Africa of which I am a co-founder and director.
The first one makes around R3000 per Month, which is $300.
And the second makes R30 000 per Month, which is $3000.

So if I can demonstrate that I own these businesses and investments, do I still need to have a "PETITIONER" or "SPONSOR", which is a US Citizen?
Do I still need Affidavit support from someone?

I was selected in DV 2015.

Thank you!

hi there!

I going to be interviewed in JOHANNESBURG SOUTH AFRICA.
I have made an investment here and it does bring around R3500 a Month, which is $350 or so per Month.

Plus, I have two registered Companies here in South Africa of which I am a co-founder and director.
The first one makes around R3000 per Month, which is $300.
And the second makes R30 000 per Month, which is $3000.

So if I can demonstrate that I own these businesses and investments, do I still need to have a "PETITIONER" or "SPONSOR", which is a US Citizen?
Do I still need Affidavit support from someone?

I was selected in DV 2015.

Thank you!
Sylvester, JNB consulate tends to ask for proof of finances. Your post is a bit confusing in that you talk about the income from the investments and not the value of the investments themselves. Are you planning to keep the investments in SA and repatriate the income to the US? You are aware of tax liabilities both sides? Of US reporting requirements? You may also be asked about real intent to move permanently if you do not want to relinquish these investments either. Or how you intend to live in the US and run a company half a world away.

Also the exchange rate is closer to 11 than 10 at the moment so your estimates are about 10% too high (especially with what banks will charge you for transfer). If you are Dv2015 the rand could be even worse by then.

With the above caveats, I'm guessing the proof of income will be ok, if the above issues are not problems.

Or did I misunderstand and you will cash in the investments and sell the companies if you move?