Bangladeshi married to Indian moving to India

amit_sethi

I am a citizen of India living in USA. My wife is a citizen of Bangladesh living in USA. Her parents are citizens of USA and were citizens of Bangladesh until a few years back. My wife and I are contemplating moving to India in the near future. Needless to say, she would like to be able to stay in India long term and work there.

1. Is she eligible for PIO card being spouse of an Indian citizen?
2. Will she be eligible for a PIO card if she becomes a US citizen?
3. What other options (besides obtaining a PIO card) does she have for long term stay and work in India, if we decide to move to India?

Thanks in advance for your response.

-Amit

As far as I know people (and decendents of those) who migrated to Pakistan and Bangladesh do not qualify for PIO.

I am a citizen of India living in USA. My wife is a citizen of Bangladesh living in USA. Her parents are citizens of USA and were citizens of Bangladesh until a few years back. My wife and I are contemplating moving to India in the near future. Needless to say, she would like to be able to stay in India long term and work there.

3. What other options (besides obtaining a PIO card) does she have for long term stay and work in India, if we decide to move to India?

Thanks in advance for your response.

-Amit

Amit - Can you please share your experience? whether you able to get PIO for your wife?? I am kind of same situation