Baltimore N-400 Timeline

My wife's interview is fixed I have not recevied mine!!!!! Why?

DO: Baltimore, MD
07/27/09: N-400 for self and wife mailed to Texas by certified first class mail.
07/30/09: N-400 Received
07/30/09: Priority Date
07/31/09: Checks cashed
08/06/09: NOA received
08/06/09: FP Notice Date
08/11/09: FP Notice (self and wife) received
08/21/09: FP done (self and wife)
08/28/09: IL Notice Date(wife)
08/31/09: Interview Letter received(wife)
10/08/09: Interview Date (wife)

Update
09/03/09: Case update "Case sent for interview...(self and wife)

Update. IL received.
09/02/09: IL Notice Date(self)
09/03/09: Case update "Case sent for interview...(self and wife)
09/08/09: Interview Letter received(self)
10/13/09: Interview Date (self)

Last edited by a moderator:
as everyone know about my case and my 3 other sister case. i want to give you update!!

--one of my sister got her oath cermony done on September 18, and she is now US citizen.:)
--i called today to find out what's going on with my file, well i found out that my case has been APPROVED last thursday:) they will send me the oath cermony now.
--my 2 other sister's file still not there yet. so lets hope they will get their file and process their case. THAT's all the update!!!!

Just thought I would keep the thread fresh in the hope that September filers can keep track of each others progress.

Applied based on 5 year as a PR and filed 90 days before the actual date of eligibility. please look at my signature for the rest of my details.

How long is it currently taking on average for people to have their applications processed (from filing to oath)?

Just thought I would keep the thread fresh in the hope that September filers can keep track of each others progress.

Applied based on 5 year as a PR and filed 90 days before the actual date of eligibility. please look at my signature for the rest of my details.

How long is it currently taking on average for people to have their applications processed (from filing to oath)?

My interview was within 3 months after applying. But I couldn't do same day oath because my interview was after 2 pm. So even with that, I have finished everything in 3 months and 3 weeks. Hope this will give you an idea.

Interview date Prior to 5Years Parmenent Residence

My interview date has been scheduled for October 14, 2009. However, my five year anniversary will be on October 31, 2009. I applied approximately 88 days prior to the five year anniversary. If i pass the interview, will i have to come back again after the five year anniversary date?

My interview date has been scheduled for October 14, 2009. However, my five year anniversary will be on October 31, 2009. I applied approximately 88 days prior to the five year anniversary. If i pass the interview, will i have to come back again after the five year anniversary date?

i am also in same boat :) but i am in Fairfax,VA .....

I hope they will give a oath letter with later date ( after 5 yr mark....)

i think you cannot do oath before 5 years completion. After the interview, tell your IO about the situation and let them decide whether you are eligible for same day oath or not. If not, then ask them to give the earliest oath date available.

My interview was within 3 months after applying. But I couldn't do same day oath because my interview was after 2 pm. So even with that, I have finished everything in 3 months and 3 weeks. Hope this will give you an idea.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is great to know that nowadays it takes just a little over 3 months to go through the whole process. I received today my I-797C. It indicates my priority date as September 22. I couldn't help but notice that that is the date when my check was cashed and not the date USCIS received my application. Is that usual?

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is great to know that nowadays it takes just a little over 3 months to go through the whole process. I received today my I-797C. It indicates my priority date as September 22. I couldn't help but notice that that is the date when my check was cashed and not the date USCIS received my application. Is that usual?

Yes, it is common.
Your application might have been received by USCIS on 18th but they might have entered it into the system on 22nd (Also observe there is a weekend in between - that's why the delay). The check might have been cashed on the same day.