Baltimore N-400 Timeline

oath & interview spaced out ?

I have read earlier posts where oath & interview were on the same day or couuple of days apart. But now the oath seems to come in much later. Why this new trend ?

My wife was not offered the civics test the same day. We were told its not an option. Her FP was scheduled at 3pm.

When you turn at Hanover St. there is a parking garage on the right side. Fee is $10 for two hours, $6 for 1 hour.

Thank you for your reply. I asked this question because, I read entire thread. Couple of postings mentioned that they took civic test the same day of FP. But one of my friend told me that option was no more valid. So I thought that I should get information from someone who went to FP in last few weeks.

My FP at 9AM on 01/29/2008. I will post what I found that day. I am hoping for civics test on the same day, it will be out of the way.
:)
Thanks

Telek~

My priority date was June 19, 2007. I recieved IL on January 4 and my interview date is on February 14, 2008. I think you should call and ask why if not you recieved yours by now. I will update my status after the interview.

Hello Everyone, I'm a newbie to this thread, although I've been following the posts. I received my fingerprint notice yesterday, so I will be following closely with all of you. Did any of you get your NOA stating that the time for the interview should be about 180 days (6 months)? That sounds awfully short, in comparison some other friends who applied in other DOs that I know who have a timeline of 455 days or sometimes even 999 days printed on their NOA? Also, is there any update on whether I can take the civics test on the same day as FP?

Thanks everyone!

Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

none replys that...forgot it..

regreted to have bought a flight ticket this mid Jan.

Hi Vipdue,
Hope you got your Oath letter by now.
I just want to share our experience:

PD date = 04/23/07
FD date = 05/19/07
ID date = 12/18/07
OD date = 01/14/08

Nick of time! We were to travel out of the country last 12/19/07.
We had our interviews on 12/18/07!

After passing the interview (civic test), the officer offered me to
do Oath that same day but I said we are travelling so can we postpone?
He said OK, Oath letter will be sent later in about a month. I told
him that I am coming back Jan 10' 08 so please don't schedule my
Oath before then. He said, I should be ok. My husband requested
his officer to schedule his Oath same day as mine. They said they
will try.

I picked up our mail afternoon of Jan 11. Guess what? My husband missed
his Oath - scheduled on Jan 11 at 9am!!! Then, Sat (Jan 12), I received
my Oath letter stating my Oath is Jan 14!!!

I took my oath on Jan 14. Then, asked the officer if my husband can take it
too b/c he missed his b/c we just flew in Thurs afternoon the week before.
Officer said, she'll look for the certificate and see what she can do. They
found my husband certificate still on file and he did his oath in one of the officers' office.

Everything worked out just fine.

I just want to say many thanks to all. This thread has been very helpful
to us.

Goodluck to all of you!!

-GCX0222

Wow, your husband is one lucky guy! You could have been facing some significant delays there.

Yes, I know. We knew there's a big chance that they will say, no.
Nevertheless, I tried asking. I think since the date was so close,
it was still easy to look for his certificate (and I have a copy of his
OATH notice w/c I think helped too), they said ok. To saved us a 2nd
trip and a long wait. We have our passport w/us to show we just flew
in the week before but they didn't even bother to look.

We are really so glad. The Baltimore Officers were very accomodating.

Goodluck to all!
- GCX0222

Hi everyone, newbie here. Can someone help me out please? I'm getting ready to mail my N400 on Monday. I plan on going out of the country for a 3 week vacation in a month and a half. Will that affect the application process? Would I have to fill in a form, an "addendum" or something to add those dates to my "time spent out of the country" section?

For July priority date

From the scheduling trend so far, you should expect interview letter early next week for March interview. My priority date was June and I am scheduled for an interview Feb 14. Good Luck to you all.

Reciept of N400

All,
I am new to the forum. I sent out my N-400 the second week of January and got the receipt notice today from the INS. In that it mentions that the letter for interview might take 180 days. It also has in the bottom, where I would have to go for my finger prints. Question for you guys is that I will receive a seperate letter telling me WHEN to go fro my finger printing?

Thanks!

Correction

It actually does not tell me where to go for finger printing. It just has the Vermont Service Centers address. What I have received is the I-797C. Anyways the question still remains - I will get a seperate notification telling me when and where I need to go for finger printing?

While I am on a roll - I figured I can ask another question - The I-797C has an Application Number. I cannot check case status using that, can I? I tried and it said invalid number. Please let me know!

You'll receive separate notification when/where to go for FP.
The case number can be used to check status via the online system, but be aware that its a hit & miss affair. Sometimes your status never shows up, and most of the time its just plain out of date.

Finger Printing done today

My finger printing is done this morning. I was in at 9 AM (My appointment time is 9AM) and out by 9.20. It was quick and efficient.

I was looking for 16 S Charles Street to park in Arrow parking garage but I missed it. So I went a block away and parked in Edison Fayver parking garage. It was $8 first hour and $10 for two hours. It is two blocks away from 100 S Charles St.

I asked the receptionist about civics test, he said they stopped offering civics test one month ago. So, you have to wait till interview date. I thought this would be out of way.

From the scheduling trend so far, you should expect interview letter early next week for March interview. My priority date was June and I am scheduled for an interview Feb 14. Good Luck to you all.

Good luck on your interview.. You must be relieved that the wait is finally coming to an end...

Thank you for the soothing reply. Did your online status disappear, when you recd the IL ?

online status

Teleks~

Online status still doesn't change. I don't think it will ever. It is the most ineffecient and annoying notification system. It is still showing "your case is recieved at Vermont Service center and pending". I stopped checking that. Hope you receive yours soon and let us know