Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Would moving to Maryland impact my processing in any way. Please advise.

You are looking at a minimum 4 month delay due to transferring your files and fulfilling the 90 day residency period. By the looks of other reports, your delay could be longer than that since there was a huge surge of applications prior to the fee increase in July.

Any May PDs received Interview letter ?

Thanks for the information. I called USCIS and they said that my case is still within the processing time so i just have to wait patiently. I guess I will just do that.

Any luck Bubble12 ? Did you receive your IL ?

This board has been quiet as of late? I would like to hear about the status of anyone with a May-April priority date please. We requested a rescheduling of the interview in April of 2007 and the original date was set for May 2007. We have not recieved a new date. Thanks!

Any luck Bubble12 ? Did you receive your IL ?

Yesterday I went for the info pass and they said my case is still pending because of the background check with multiple agencies. Do you know what that means? Do you think my case is stuck with FBI on Name Check. Please shed some light. I am so disappointed with life. I have never ever committed any crime in my life. Have paid all the bills on time and much more. This is very depressing.

June priority date for N400

Hi, please if someone can answer this.

Priority date for N400 at VSC is June 1, 2007
Finger print and exam taken at Glenmont on July 12, 2007
Waiting for Interview and Oath

Last time I called customer service mid November I was told that my application is entered in the interview scheduling queue. I have to travel on January 19, 2008. Any idea if I can make it for interview and oath before my scheduled trip?
Anyone with June priority date?

Thank you for the response even if it is not what I want to hear. But will it help if I take infopass and go to baltimore? When the letter I got from Vermont says my case is entered in the interview scheduling queue that means my file is in Baltimore or Vermont? If my file is in Baltimore, and If I tell them about my trip will it make any difference? I am so worried

Thank you for the response even if it is not what I want to hear. But will it help if I take infopass and go to baltimore? When the letter I got from Vermont says my case is entered in the interview scheduling queue that means my file is in Baltimore or Vermont? If my file is in Baltimore, and If I tell them about my trip will it make any difference? I am so worried

Call customer service and ask to speak with an immigration officer regarding where your case is. It won't make a difference if you mention your trip.
Take a deep breath and don't worry.

My wife and I had interview today and were approved. It was a pleasant experience.

Were late for 1:00 PM by 10 minutes as missed the building and then were hunting for parking. I got called in within 5 minutes of arriving. My wife was called after I came out. My wife found out that there were people waiting since 3 hours. There was also a case where a wife had her Interview and husband had been waiting for an hour. We were out by 2:00 PM.

Had usual stuff. Civics test, writing test, reading test. Verification of N400 form.

My IO asked for marriage certificate but wife’s IO did not. We had applied under 5 year rule and not under 3 year (marriage to US citizen) so was bit surprised at the request. Thanks to the tips given on following link (“N-400 What documents for Interview”) posted on this board, I had taken it. What is more I had not been able to locate it first and spend 2 hours hunting for it. Glad my effort paid off as IO said without this it would have complicated things for me.

None of my friends, in situation similar to mine has ever been asked for Marriage Certificate. It is better to be over prepared than under :).

IO gave me option to go for oath today but did not take this option as am traveling overseas shortly. Was told that Oath appointment will come in mail. No date was give except that it will not be before I get back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody,

I found this forum very helpful. My PD is June 11, 2007. I filed a status request through my congressional office and they got back to me within two weeks. very efficient. I was told that as soon as an appointment available Vermont will forward the file to Baltimore for an interview ( I thought my file is in Baltimore by now) anyways I have to wait my fingers crossed. My trip in in January is down the drain I guess. Thank you for forum particpants for your quick response. I will let you know what is next

My wife and I had interview today and were approved. It was a pleasant experience.

Were late for 1:00 PM by 10 minutes as missed the building and then were hunting for parking. I got called in within 5 minutes of arriving. My wife was called after I came out. My wife found out that there were people waiting since 3 hours. There was also a case where a wife had her Interview and husband had been waiting for an hour. We were out by 2:00 PM.

Had usual stuff. Civics test, writing test, reading test. Verification of N400 form.

My IO asked for marriage certificate but wife’s IO did not. We had applied under 5 year rule and not under 3 year (marriage to US citizen) so was bit surprised at the request. Thanks to the tips given on following link (“N-400 What documents for Interview”) posted on this board, I had taken it. What is more I had not been able to locate it first and spend 2 hours hunting for it. Glad my effort paid off as IO said without this it would have complicated things for me.

None of my friends, in situation similar to mine has ever been asked for Marriage Certificate. It is better to be over prepared than under :).

IO gave me option to go for oath today but did not take this option as am traveling overseas shortly. Was told that Oath appointment will come in mail. No date was give except that it will not be before I get back.

Congratulations!

My husband and I are scheduled to have our interview next week.
We are planning not to take our oath right away when offered b/c
we are also going out of the country soon after our interview and be
back mid next month.

Question: Did your IO tell you how long your oath letter will take?
Will it take another 2 or 3 months or so? Did you ask to get appointment
in advance soon as you come back? Or this was not an option at all?

Thanks!

I heard that Maryland is the only state that do a N400 test on the same day of FP. And I have my schedule for FP on the 24 of November at CIS office in Dover, DE, I don't know why I was schedule to that office since I'm a Maryland resident. but my questions is, will I be doing a test on same day as my FP at CIS office in Delaware? Has anybody ever sent to dover office for N400 FP? Please help me with your answer, I'm really getting nervous since I haven't study anything and my appointment is next week!!!

Can someone confirm that if we go for FP at CIS office in Baltimore that we might we offered the Civic test the same day?

Thank you.

Info for May 2007 N400 applicants

A friend of mine, her priority date was May 18, 2007. About last week she recieved an interview letter scheduled January 23, 2008. My priority date is June 11, 2007. So those of us May and June applicants there is light at the end of the tunnel ha:)