Baltimore N-400 Timeline

I received the letter on Saturday 11/3. The notice date was 10/30. Postmark date was 11/1

Thanks for the information. I called USCIS and they said that my case is still within the processing time so i just have to wait patiently. I guess I will just do that.

Oath schedule

Anyone swearing in on Friday, 9AM? I will be there.

When you had your interview on Oct 30, were you presented different
dates for OATH taking? I see your oath to be on Nov 9. Do you have
any choice on dates and can you schedule about 3-4 weeks in advance?

The reason I am asking b/c my ID is on Dec 18, and I will be going out
of the country on Dec 19 and won't be back until Jan 11. So I am hoping
I can get OATH schedule on or around Jan 12. I am hoping not to wait
for OATH appointment letter and just ask for one right after interview
to be sure about it. Is this possible?

Anyone who has been in similar situation? :confused:

Thanks!

When you had your interview on Oct 30, were you presented different
dates for OATH taking? I see your oath to be on Nov 9. Do you have
any choice on dates and can you schedule about 3-4 weeks in advance?

The reason I am asking b/c my ID is on Dec 18, and I will be going out
of the country on Dec 19 and won't be back until Jan 11. So I am hoping
I can get OATH schedule on or around Jan 12. I am hoping not to wait

Anyone who has been in similar situation? :confused:

Thanks!

Actually my interview was done in 2005, i wasn't given a choice of days but from my understanding Baltimore does ceremonies everyday. Good luck to you.:)

I am hoping not to wait

I've heard of people being successful in similar situations, so my recommendation would be to simply discuss it with the IO at the end of the interview. Most of the Baltimore staff are friendly and accommodating, so if you catch one in a good mood, you just might be in luck.

Interview and oath done yesterday

I had my interview and oath done yesterday. I was called for the interview at 8:10am (my schedule was 8:20am) and was done with the interview in about 5 minutes. The officer was very friendly. He went through all the information in my application form with me. I prepared a copy of the pages that have changes since I applied. It probably saved a lot of time. I originally planned to change my first name. The officer told me the procedure for changing name will delay my oath for a month or longer. So I decied not to change my name at the monent and took the oath in the afternoon. The oath ceremony started at 3:00pm and was over at around 4:00pm. Most of the time within the hour was for the USCIS staff to collect oath letters and explain the procedures. I am so glad that my journey with USCIS is done after 18 months of waiting.

For those whose applications have been delayed for a significant period of time, I suggest you to do someting instead of waiting. Just a couple of days before my interview, I received a letter from FBI responding my letter to President Bush back in August 2007 saying that my security checks were cleared in April 2007 and was sent back to USCIS in May 2007(my priority date is April 26, 2006). The thing is that I did not receive my interview letter until October 2007. What did USCIS do to my case within the 6 months?? Before June 2007, I only called the 800 number to check status and never know what else to do. After reading all the good information in this forum, I started to send letters to the Congressman and the State Senators in June and July. They all told me that they could not do anything to expedite the security checks if they were not cleared(at that point, I could not find out the staus of my security checks. Even through infopass or the Congressman and Senators). But the Senators both told me that my application has been placed in queue since April 2007. I submitted a complaint to USCIS Ombudsman and sent letters to Mr. and Mrs. Bush in August. As you can see that I only receive a response from FBI recently, I do not think the letter to Mr. Bush did any help. But what I can be sure is that my complaint to the Ombudsman did help. Between the time I sent my complaint and my interview date, I received a letter and two phone call from the Ombudsman's office to follow up my case progress. My case did move very quickly after I contacted Ombudsman's office. So for those whose cases were delayed, you should let Ombudsman know and help.

I would like thank those nice people who provide valuable information and experience in this forum. Without the information, I am probably still waiting with all frustrations. Thank you all and good luck to those whose case are still pending.

Oath Taking schedule

I've heard of people being successful in similar situations, so my recommendation would be to simply discuss it with the IO at the end of the interview. Most of the Baltimore staff are friendly and accommodating, so if you catch one in a good mood, you just might be in luck.

Thanks for your advice. I will try. I will bring my travel document to show
proof of my travel and return...hopefully this help me get appointment by
the time I come back from my travel. Again, congratulations to you!

gcx0222

Anybody have the same date as me? mine seem took so long just for the notification letter

07/26/07: Mailed N400
07/28/07: Delivered 5:19PM/priority date
08/27/07: Check cashed
11/08/07: received notice letter
11/13/07: Fingerprint Notice
11/24/07: Fingerprint Date
xx/xx/xx IL?
xx/xx/xx Interview Date?
xx/xx/xx Oath Ceremony?

Last edited by a moderator:
Question

My wife had an appointment scheduled for May 8,2007. We went in on an info pass and asked if it would be an issue to reschedule and were told no it would just be a 90-120 wait so we said fine. To date we have not recieved a rescheduled appointment and the only info I can get is that the wait time starts over if you reschedule. Finally my question: does anyone know from what point the wait time begins? Is it from when we requested the rescheduling or from her original interview date? We requested a reschedule March 21, 2007 and as I said her interview was originally scheduled for May 8, 2007 so it seems either way she should have been rescheduled by now according to the 7 month wait time indicated on USCIS web site? Is there anyone out there with an early May priority date that has not received an appointment date? I know this is long and hopefully not too confusing thank you in advance for any responses!

Add.change immedly after naturalization.Applying for passport.Will that be a problem?

Address change immediately after naturalization. Applying for passport. Will that be a problem?

Hi Gurus
Please clarify
We moved from NJ (from our own house) to Maryland in September (for job purpose)((i.e.)when our N400 is under process) when we moved to Maryland ,we informed INS and filed AR11. And we took our new Maryland driving license. We got naturalized in Nov. (my husband in OCT and me in NOV first week) in Maryland. Now due to change in job again we have to moved back to NJ. Went back to our old home again. Again took our NJ driving license and registered to vote in NJ. And applied for passport from NJ with our NJ address. Will this immediate move cause any problem for getting our passports and to our Citizenship. Please clarify Gurus.
Thanks in Advance.

My wife had an appointment scheduled for May 8,2007. We went in on an info pass and asked if it would be an issue to reschedule and were told no it would just be a 90-120 wait so we said fine. To date we have not recieved a rescheduled appointment and the only info I can get is that the wait time starts over if you reschedule. Finally my question: does anyone know from what point the wait time begins? Is it from when we requested the rescheduling or from her original interview date? We requested a reschedule March 21, 2007 and as I said her interview was originally scheduled for May 8, 2007 so it seems either way she should have been rescheduled by now according to the 7 month wait time indicated on USCIS web site? Is there anyone out there with an early May priority date that has not received an appointment date? I know this is long and hopefully not too confusing thank you in advance for any responses!

I would think that they meant it's 90 -120 days from rescheduling appointment since your original oath date is more than 160 days from your interview. I wouldn't go by processing times on website to determine what date you'll be rescheduled for. Be patient, you should get a notice within the 90-120 day time frame. Call USCIS after 90 days for updates if you don't hear anything.

Address change immediately after naturalization. Applying for passport. Will that be a problem?

Hi Gurus
Please clarify
We moved from NJ (from our own house) to Maryland in September (for job purpose)((i.e.)when our N400 is under process) when we moved to Maryland ,we informed INS and filed AR11. And we took our new Maryland driving license. We got naturalized in Nov. (my husband in OCT and me in NOV first week) in Maryland. Now due to change in job again we have to moved back to NJ. Went back to our old home again. Again took our NJ driving license and registered to vote in NJ. And applied for passport from NJ with our NJ address. Will this immediate move cause any problem for getting our passports and to our Citizenship. Please clarify Gurus.
Thanks in Advance.

You were both naturalized before your most current move back to NJ. Your change of address doesn't affect the ability for you to obtain a passport as you have indicated the new address on the passport form. The passport office will send the application to the address you have indicated, not the address that USCIS may have on file.

I would think that they meant it's 90 -120 days from rescheduling appointment since your original oath date is more than 160 days from your interview. I wouldn't go by processing times on website to determine what date you'll be rescheduled for. Be patient, you should get a notice within the 90-120 day time frame. Call USCIS after 90 days for updates if you don't hear anything.

Sounds like 90-120 reasons why you should really not reschedule the interview unless its a life & death situation. My best guess is that if you ask to reschedule, your case gets moved to the bottom of the queue.

I heard that Maryland is the only state that do a N400 test on the same day of FP. And I have my schedule for FP on the 24 of November at CIS office in Dover, DE, I don't know why I was schedule to that office since I'm a Maryland resident. but my questions is, will I be doing a test on same day as my FP at CIS office in Delaware? Has anybody ever sent to dover office for N400 FP? Please help me with your answer, I'm really getting nervous since I haven't study anything and my appointment is next week!!!

07/26/07: Mailed N400
07/28/07: Delivered 5:19PM/priority date
08/27/07: Check cashed
11/08/07: received notice letter
11/13/07: Fingerprint Notice
11/24/07: Fingerprint Date
xx/xx/xx IL?
xx/xx/xx Interview Date?
xx/xx/xx Oath Ceremony?

I heard that Maryland is the only state that do a N400 test on the same day of FP. And I have my schedule for FP on the 24 of November at CIS office in Dover, DE, I don't know why I was schedule to that office since I'm a Maryland resident. but my questions is, will I be doing a test on same day as my FP at CIS office in Delaware? Has anybody ever sent to dover office for N400 FP? Please help me with your answer, I'm really getting nervous since I haven't study anything and my appointment is next week!!!

I did my FP at Dover, DE, but wasn't offered the option of taking a civics test. My understanding, its some sort of pilot program offered at a limited number of ASCs, and dependent on whether there is anyone available to administer the test.

Moving ?

I am moving to Maryland (Suburb of DC) from Northern Virginia and my priority date is Jan 31, 2006. I know I have to call USCIS and fill out change of address form.

Could someone predict when would I get my IL? Would moving to Maryland impact my processing in any way. Please advise.