Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Scheduled at 8am. Arrived at 7:50. Its not necessary to go too early because they follow your scheduled time instead of by the time of arrival. Interview went smoothly, not hard questions at all. But was not able to take oath today because it was fully booked according to the interview officer.

Hi Bluesky, did they give you a scheduled oath date since you were not able to take the oath on the same day? Thanks.

Hi Bluesky
Generally if the interview is the morning at 8 AM, they will schedule the Oath on the same day, First come first serve. Even I had my interview at 8AM and I am done with the Oath on the same day. Did the officer there give you a letter recommending you for the oath for the next day or at least for some other day, or did he mention you that they are going to send the letter by mail?
Can you be more specific on this and what they verified and what did they ask in the interview.?
My wife is having the interview next week.

Thanks

Hi Bluesky
Generally if the interview is the morning at 8 AM, they will schedule the Oath on the same day, First come first serve.

Each ceremony hold approx 70 people, but obviously not all are drawn from same-day interviews. Last year, the ceremonies on Monday and Friday were at 9am, so no chance for anyone to be included in them at the last minute.

Hey again, it should be time to get IL for you.... didn't you get it yet??

Yes, any APRIL PD get their IL letter yet? How about you guys-
BUBBLE12 and N400_APR2307?

Pls post right away if you get your IL. Goodluck!
My PD is 4/23/07 :)

I still haven't received my IL. I am also April PD. I am getting frustrated and worried. Please let us know once you receive it. Thanks

Yes, any APRIL PD get their IL letter yet? How about you guys-
BUBBLE12 and N400_APR2307?

Pls post right away if you get your IL. Goodluck!
My PD is 4/23/07 :)

At last got my IL

Still waiting :-(

Just got my IL for me and my wife.

PD: April 16
Notice Date: Oct 30, 2007
ID: Dec 12, 2007, 1:00 PM. Seems no same day oath?

I was hoping that I will be done with in Nov and be able to visit India mid December. That was ambitious itself considering passport and visa.

Can one travel overseas after Interview but before oath on Indian Passport?

Can one travel overseas after Interview but before oath on Indian Passport?

Yes, of course. Just remember you are still a LPR until you take the oath, and therefore you must continue to abide by all the natz eligibility criteria. Also, don't forget to have someone check your mail for the all-important oath letter.

N400 April PD - got IL!!!

Hi April PD,
My PD is 4/23/07. My IL arrived today in the mail. My ID is on Dec 18.
AND I AM TRAVELLING on Dec 19! Nick of time. So glad, I don't have
to resched my ID. I won't take my Oath yet as advised b/c I will
have to surrender my greencard then and I definitely will not have
enough time to get US passport.

I hope I won't have a hard time scheduling my oath in over a month.

So glad to receive my IL, yours sure be coming soon.
Goodluck!!

GCX0222

Today I just got IL......

MY PD is April 21, and got IL today, and ID is on Dec 13, 9 AM. Will it be the same day oath??

Thank all of you here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I just got IL......

MY PD is April 21, and got IL today, and ID is on Dec 13, 9 AM. Will it be the same day oath??

Thank all of you here.

Hello vipdue & gcx0222,

Did your case disappear from the USCIS website. Your priority date is the one on the receipt letter you received or is it the one on the website. My priority is also April 21st on the website it says we received your application on April 24th. I still haven't received my IL. What should I do? I am getting worried. What is your advice?

THanks

My case does not disappear online yet. My PD is the same in both of letter and website. I guess 23th is the last day to mail out this time. You will be in turn soon.

P.S. Thank boatbod for advise.

April 2007 PD

Hello vipdue & gcx0222,

Did your case disappear from the USCIS website. Your priority date is the one on the receipt letter you received or is it the one on the website. My priority is also April 21st on the website it says we received your application on April 24th. I still haven't received my IL. What should I do? I am getting worried. What is your advice?

THanks

Hi Bubble12,
No my case did not disappear from the USCIS website, still up there at
this time. My PD is the same on both my receipt date letter and
that of on the website -- APRIL 23. I'm sure yours will be coming soon.

Goodluck to all us. Now, we have to study and review......:)

gcx0222

Question on taking oath a month after?

My ID is on Dec 18, day before my out of the country travel.
Therefore, I can not take my oath sooner within the week
like one would normally do. I know it has been posted here
before, but I'd like to get more info on postponing oath taking
to about a month later - will take longer to get oath appointment?

I will be gone for close to 3 weeks. Will the officer allow a
three-week advance appointment or will I be advise to call
and make a late appointment after I come back on my travel?
Will this take long?:eek:

Thanks,
gcx0222

Hi Bubble12,
No my case did not disappear from the USCIS website, still up there at
this time. My PD is the same on both my receipt date letter and
that of on the website -- APRIL 23. I'm sure yours will be coming soon.

Goodluck to all us. Now, we have to study and review......:)

gcx0222

Hello GCX0222 & Vipdue,

Are you guys also for VSC, Baltimore or somewhere else. Please let me know. Because I am VSC, Baltimore. I am worried. I am desperate to get my citizenship so I can sponsor my spouse.

Thanks

April 2007 PD

Hello GCX0222 & Vipdue,

Are you guys also for VSC, Baltimore or somewhere else. Please let me know. Because I am VSC, Baltimore. I am worried. I am desperate to get my citizenship so I can sponsor my spouse.

Thanks

Yes, my application was received by VSC then interview at Baltimore
office.

gcx0222

Yes, my application was received by VSC then interview at Baltimore
office.

gcx0222

Thank you so much. I have one more question, I tried calling USCIS this morning and I am not been able to get through a live body. What options I choose so I can talk to a live body and get some information as to why I haven't received the IL. What seems to be hang up? If you know or somebody else, please let me know. Your help is appreciated. I am really getting worried about my applicaiton.