Baltimore N-400 Timeline

N400 application

Hi all,
My PD is Jan 29,2007.couple of months back I have recieved the IL .
IL is supposed to be on Aug 23, 2007.
Today I recieved another notice of actoin that says, due to unforeseen circumstances they had to cancel the previously scheduled interview on Aug23rd.
I believe this is wierd and could anybody advise me what action to be taken from my side or just wait till I get another IL

Thank you all
Roseram

Interviews are typically descheduled if your A-file has not been received at the DO. Usually its not a big deal, and you'll receive a new date in due course. Sometimes however, you file decides to take a tour of the US, and can take quite some time to arrive at its correct destination...

N400

HI
Thank you very much for your reply.
Could you please inform me the approximate time,I mean months or years does it take before I get the new IL
Thank you very much in advance
Roseram

FP done - test taken

I took the Civic/history and english test along with the FP on 9th August. It was smooth sailing.

I took the Civic/history and english test along with the FP on 9th August. It was smooth sailing.

I am going to have my fingerprints taken on August 16th. I hope to take the tests as well. My appointment is at 8am. Can you tell me how long the whole thing took you? I need to get to work some time after that and have to advise my employer of the time I expect to show up.
Thanks a bunch!

HI
Thank you very much for your reply.
Could you please inform me the approximate time,I mean months or years does it take before I get the new IL
Thank you very much in advance
Roseram

Impossible to tell with any degree of certainty. I'd say if you haven't heard anything in a month or so, schedule an Infopass and find out why.

Hi...

I am waiting for my IL. I have a couple of questions regarding online case status.

1. Does the status change to different wording/verbatim once the IL is sent out? I read in the forums that the online case # thing vanishes once it gets moving. Does it come back with the same wording as it did when the initial status was created when USCIS received the application OR does it say that the IL has been mailed out or anything different.

2. Does the email case status notification work at all? I provided my email address to keep me abreast with status changes.

My P.D is 03/20/2007 and did my FP on 04/19/2007. Did anybody who fall in these dates /after these dates get their IL.

Just wondering...

Thanks

I took the Civic/history and english test along with the FP on 9th August. It was smooth sailing.[/QUOTE

Was your FP taken in the morning or the afternoon? Do you know if I plan to walk-in for FP and hopefully take the Civic/ history test, should I go in the morning or afternoon? Thanks for your answer.

FP at Wheaton

My apptm was at 11 am. We were out by 12/12.30 I think. First the FP was done. Later we were given the Question/answers to study for the test. Then we huddled in a room where we wrote the written test. Written test is conducted for a bunch of people say 8-10 members at a time.

Done fingerprinting

I finished my fingerprinting this morning. I was inside the center for less than 10 minutes. Staff were very courteous. The lady who took my fingerprint asked if I want to take Civics test which I said, I will take later.

This is my recommendation for Baltimore Fingerprint takers. Even though your fingerprint notice does not mention about Civics test, once you go there - you are asked if you are willing to take civics test now. Staff there told me there will be 10 questions , even if you fail in that you can take it again during final citizenship interview. standard 90 something questions are available in any immigration site which will not take more than a day to prepare. Prepare yourself and take the test. I was not aware that I can take civics test on the spot so I did not come prepared and declined to take the test .

Last edited by a moderator:
Cir

Hi all,
I read in the website immigration-law,
senate to take CIR again.would that going to affect the family based immigration too or only the illegal immigration thing
Mainly,are they going to cap the 40,000 immigrant visas for parents of USC
Thank you

I'm still waiting for ILs
03/01/2007 - Mailed N400
03/03/2007 - Application Received
03/05/2007 - Checks Cashed
03/05/2007 - Priority Date
03/29/2007 - FP Done
No Interview Letter ???

Eryes, Ali Bilal, Vij2006,
Has your online case status disappeared? Have you received your interview letters?
Thanks.

I am thinking that mine could be "stuck". My PD is 2/5/07 and no IL, the online status hasn't disappeared either.