Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Thank you N400Applier, g_172002 for your wishes.

I got the oath letter today. It is at Annapolis on June 22nd.

N400

Hi all
My PD is Jan 29 ,07 for N400
FP date Feb 22,07
No interview letter yet:confused:
Anyone in the same boat?

In the same boat

Baltimore Office
PD 12/28/06
FP 01/19/07
IL ??/??

Hope we can get IL together in this month.

NWS

Hi all
My PD is Jan 29 ,07 for N400
FP date Feb 22,07
No interview letter yet:confused:
Anyone in the same boat?

We got approved our citizenship today. We had the interview at 11:00
A.M at Baltimore but we were let inside around 12:15 P.M. The officers at
Baltimore was real good. The Civil and English questions were real easy.
The officer went through my application and asked lot of questions.

The officer asked the following documents

- Driver's License
- Green card
- Passport
- Marriage Certificate

I didn't have my marriage certificate but I had marriage affidavit on stamp
paper. She asked me whether I had any other document and I showed my
Children's Birth certificates. She finally printed the paper that shows my
case was approved and asked me to verify the information. We are having
Oath ceremony at 3:00 P.M tomorrow.

The experience posted by N400Applier in one of the earlier post was really
helpful. N400Applier, Can you please give some information, If you applied
for the US passport on the same day you took Oath?

We are applying for US passport tomorrow. Can anybody who took the
Oath ceremony and applied for US passport at Baltimore, please provide
some tips and answer some of the following questions.

1. We are having Oath ceremony at 3:00 tomorrow. Do we have time to
apply for the US passport at post office near Baltimore INS office?

2. Do I need to take any appointment at near by post office to apply for
the US passport?

3. Usually how long does the Oath ceremony takes and how long the post
office closes? ( I think probably 5:30 P.M or 6:00 P.M)

Appreciate your help and suggestions.

A Baltimore administrative oath ceremony usually takes approx 2 hours from start to finish. By far, the bulk of the time is spent with registration and paperwork - the actual ceremony probably only takes 20 minutes max.

Sorry, can't answer the questions about Baltimore area postoffices; I sent my passport application from Annapolis.

My N400 details....

My N400 details....

Priority Date - 12/15/2006
Notice date - 12/26/2006
Finger Print - 01/06/2007
Interview Date - 06/18/2007
Oath Date - 06/19/2007

Two different officers interview us at the same time. The officer who interviewed my wife said that they would send the Oath letter by post within 30 days.

The officer who interviewed asked me whether I could take oath on Tuesday (06/19/2007), Wednesday(06/20/2007) or Thursday(06/21/2007). I asked whether I could check with my wife so that both of us will take the Oath at the same time. She asked me to wait, checked with other officer and said both of us can take Oath today (06/19/2007).

Please check with interview officer after interview to get possible early Oath date rather than waiting for the Oath letter by post.

1. We are having Oath ceremony at 3:00 tomorrow. Do we have time to
apply for the US passport at post office near Baltimore INS office?
Answer: For Passport application you have to schedule an appointment with the Post Office. One can't just walk in and submit the Passport application form.

2. Do I need to take any appointment at near by post office to apply for
the US passport?
Answer: Yes.

3. Usually how long does the Oath ceremony takes and how long the post
office closes? ( I think probably 5:30 P.M or 6:00 P.M)
Answer: Oath ceremonies take about 1 - 1.5 hours (2 max). They are done by around 4:30 PM. How long each post office remains open is dependent on the Post Office.
Go to http://www.usps.com to get exact timings. Also, you need an appointment with the PO before going there.

Please do the expedited passport. This costs $60.00 extra and you will get your passport within 3-4 weeks. For same day passport you have to go the
Passport Agency in D.C. Here too, you have to get an appointment.

Remember to sign your Naturalization Certificate and make photocopies before submitting it for Passport application. You have to submit your original Naturalization Certificate for passport.

Thanks for your reply!!

Thanks N400Applier as usual for your reply. I really appreciate your help and patience to answer all the questions in this forum.

Your minute details and suggestions will really help lot of US citizenship applicants like me....

Hi All...
I am from MD and sent my N-400 to VSC. Is this the forum I should be following for timeline? How would I know Baltimore is my D.O? March 29, 2007 is my Priority Date.

Thanks

Hi All...
I am from MD and sent my N-400 to VSC. Is this the forum I should be following for timeline? How would I know Baltimore is my D.O? March 29, 2007 is my Priority Date.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure Baltimore DO handles all N-400 cases in Maryland.

Haven't posted here in a while, but yesterday I was sworn in as a USC in Annapolis.

I was one of those trapped in the name check hell. I was preparing a letter to Sen. Mikulskis office when I recieved a notice that my fingerprints had 'expired'. Apparently they do this after 15 months. Anyway, this seemed to be what got the ball rolling again. After the fingerprints were taken I decided I would give them 6 weeks for things to happen before I sent the letter off.

Lo and behold, 3 weeks after the 2nd fingerprints, I recieved the oath letter. So to all of you waiting for the name check, there can be light at the end of the tunnel.....

N-400 Timeline:
Mailed Application: 10/24/05
Application Recieved: 10/26/05
Priority Date: 10/24/05
Notice Date Recieved: 11/09/05
Fingerprint Notice Recieved: 11/18/05
Fingerprints taken 12/05/05
Citizenship Test: 02/08/06
2nd Fingerprint Notice: 05/02/07
2nd Fingerpirnts taken: 05/21/07
Oath letter recieved: 06/12/07
OAth taken: 06/22/07

Haven't posted here in a while, but yesterday I was sworn in as a USC in Annapolis.

I was one of those trapped in the name check hell. I was preparing a letter to Sen. Mikulskis office when I recieved a notice that my fingerprints had 'expired'. Apparently they do this after 15 months. Anyway, this seemed to be what got the ball rolling again. After the fingerprints were taken I decided I would give them 6 weeks for things to happen before I sent the letter off.

Lo and behold, 3 weeks after the 2nd fingerprints, I recieved the oath letter. So to all of you waiting for the name check, there can be light at the end of the tunnel.....

N-400 Timeline:
Mailed Application: 10/24/05
Application Recieved: 10/26/05
Priority Date: 10/24/05
Notice Date Recieved: 11/09/05
Fingerprint Notice Recieved: 11/18/05
Fingerprints taken 12/05/05
Citizenship Test: 02/08/06
2nd Fingerprint Notice: 05/02/07
2nd Fingerpirnts taken: 05/21/07
Oath letter recieved: 06/12/07
OAth taken: 06/22/07

Congratulations!!

Interestingly enough, my time line matches with yours in every category. Give or take 5-10 days. I started 11/20/05 and ended with oath on 06/18/07. I have tried Senator Mikulski but gotten standard reply. I was about to send letter to the First Lady when I got 2nd FP letter on 05/07. After the FP I thought I will give it a few weeks before starting sending letter and what not.

Then the oath letter came on 06/08/07. Hurray…Oath taken place at Greenbelt.

N 400

Hi
Finally I got my IL
PD JAN 30
FP FEB 23
IL JUN 23
Interview on AUG 23

Thank you very much for this forum