Baltimore N-400 Timeline

4 month from FP date

Don't get too excited, ali bilal, FP letter usually comes very quick. Then there will be long wait. I've been checking this forum since February and got an impression that for Baltimore Office, It will take 4 month from FP date to get IL, then you will wait another 1.5 - 2 months for the interview.

To be frank, I am actually happy with that time frame. I pray everyday that I don't get stuck in name check and wait forever for IL.

PD 01/04
FP 01/19
IL ??/??

Looks like things are moving fast.. (knock on wood)

03/20/2007 - Mailed N400
03/23/2007 - Application Received
03/26/2007 - Checks Cashed
03/26/2007 - Priority Date
04/09/2007 - Received NOA (Application received)
04/11/2007 - FP NOA
04/19/2007 - FP appointment

nws

Yes, I am.

Baltimore Office
N-400 Application mailed 12/26
Priority Date 01/04
FP date 01/19
IL ??/??

Please update this website when you get new info. I will do the same. I expect we can get IL sometime in May, IF NAME CHECK GOES SMOOTHLY!!

My timeline:
N-400 Application mailed - 12/14/2006
Priority Date - 12/19/2006
FP - 01/11/2007
IL - ???
ID - ???

Anybody else in the same boat?

Hello Folks,

I am new to the forum as well as to the process of immigration. I am still trying to figure out the meaning on different headings like FP, IL, ID ? etc...

Here are my details:
-Filed N-400 application in January, 2007 from Maryland.

-Got a letter from USCIS first week Feb, 2007 for Finger Printing

-Fingerprinting done 20th Feb, 2007 at Silver Spring, MD. They asked me if I wanted to take the "Test" that day itself or want to wait till the oath date. I opted for till the oath date.

-USCIS status still reflects the last letter send by them to me, it doesn't mentions anything regarding status of fingerprinting or anything about that matter.

Experts, can you guide me to what the rest of the process would be and how much time it can take before actual Oath happens and I get my Naturalization Certificate.

I thank you in advance.

Cj

To help you with the terminology:

FP - Finger printing (FP Notice, FP Done are self explanatory)
IL - Interview Letter Received
ID - Interview Date

Yes, I am.

Baltimore Office
N-400 Application mailed 12/26
Priority Date 01/04
FP date 01/19
IL ??/??

Please update this website when you get new info. I will do the same. I expect we can get IL sometime in May, IF NAME CHECK GOES SMOOTHLY!!

From past posts in this forum, I am expecting to get an interview letter around April 20 with an interview date sometime in mid-June. I'll update as soon as I get my letter.

To help you with the terminology:

FP - Finger printing (FP Notice, FP Done are self explanatory)
IL - Interview Letter Received
ID - Interview Date
NL2007,

First of all your test will be during the interview not during the oath.
Secondly, now you wait for the Interrview letter and in the meanwhile try to get all the documents listed in this forum as a sticky. Also prepare for the test.

Be well prepared for the test and with all documentation and dress profesionally and good luck at the interview.

After successful interview you will do the oath which is a simple affair.

NL.. Test on fingerprinting day? Did you ask them what kind of test?

I am going for my FP next week, and if they hav eteh test, I will just give it right away...

Hi All, newbie here.

First of all I would like to say this a great forum with a lot of information and helpful posters :)

3/21/07 - Mailed Application
3/26/07 - Check cahsed
3/29/07 - PD
4/06/07 - FP letter received
4/17/07 - FP day (today!) and I took the test too at Glenmont in Wheaton.

I have a question. I remember reading this thread somewhere there is a fax# to fax an explaination to speed up the process. The reason I need it is because I have a federal job application thats in the process. The interview went great and I was unofficially promised the position. It may still take 3-4 month to process my application, so I hope my N-400 applicaiton and be sped up a little bit.

Thanks again!

bluesky,

While I wish you the best of luck getting processed in a timely manner, I would have to say there is NOTHING (short of an act of congress) that will speed up your application any quicker than it is currently being processed. Assuming you don't get held up in namecheck, you can probably guestimate around 4-6 months processing time through Baltimore.

If you think about it, any "speed up" fax# would be inundated by people in all sort of similar positions. Who would get to judge whether your federal job is more worthy than anyone else? Sorry. Patience is the only way.

Thanks for the reply boatbod, I guess the best thing to do now is just to wait it out and keep my fingers crossed.

Hopefully the Baltimore office keeps its consistency on my case.

Cheers

Bluesky,

Can you please tell me more about the test on the fingerprinting day? Is it the same test that used to be on the Interview day? Will it help speed up things?

you will get a question paper with 10 questions, you need to answer that and an officer will cirrect them and then the english test like writing a simple sentence and reading a simple sentence. He will hand over a paper saying that you passed english and civics test. This will not speed up the process.

I called 1-800 USCIS CS today. I was transferred to an IO, I asked did baltimore DO get my files? he doesn't know. He said just WAIT.. 90 days passed after my interview.

My husband received his passport yesterday, it took 12 weeks to get a passport.

Got IL

Received my Interview Letter in mail today:

N-400 mailed: 12/14/2006
Priority Date: 12/19/2006
FP Notice: 12/29/2006
FP done: 01/11/2007
IL Received: 04/18/2007
Interview Date: 06/20/2007

Questions?
1. Since, my interview is on a Wednesday, does that mean I can take oath the same day? How do I go about telling them that I want to take oath he same day?
2. I am told that I should not take kids along with me. Is that correct?
3. The interview letter does not really ask for tax records, but I understand that I should take tax "transcripts" along anyways to demonstrate that do not owe any taxes. Am I right?

NWS, you should get your IL soon, check your mail box.

Received Interview Letters yesterday!!

We received interview letters both for me and my wife yesterday and the
following are the details.

N-400 mailed: 12/15/2006
Priority Date: 12/15/2006
FP Notice: 12/26/2006
FP done: 01/06/2007
Interview Date: 06/18/2007

We have interview on Monday at 11 AM for both of us. Hope we will get
the Oath also on the same day. Also, The case is not updated at the
http://www.uscis.gov website.

Looks like the cases at the Balimore office is moving forward. Wish you
good luck for all of you waiting for interview letter.

What time of the day is your interview.? If you are approved, there is a possibility of taking the oath on the same day.

You need not tell anything IO about oath. if they ask, say yes.

Questions?
1. Since, my interview is on a Wednesday, does that mean I can take oath the same day? How do I go about telling them that I want to take oath he same day?
3. The interview letter does not really ask for tax records, but I understand that I should take tax "transcripts" along anyways to demonstrate that do not owe any taxes. Am I right?

Same day oath depends on two things:

1. Whether you are approved at the end of the Interview.
2. There is same day oath on the day of your interview and there is space to accommodate you.

Generally same day oath is an iffy thing. Try it and if the officer says yes do it the same day.

See the sticky about tax transripts. You have to call IRS and request the 4506-T over the phone. They will send you the current year tax transcript and the previous 3 years. It is free and takes 10 business days.

Hi N400Applier,

I was browsing through the previous threads and saw the following sticky
note posted by you in one of the threads

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Interview Letter.
2. Green Card.
3. Drivers License/State ID.
4. SS Card.
5. Marriage Certificate.
6. 2 Photos.
7. Any other document mentioned in your Interview Letter.
8. All your Passports including expired ones.
9. Your Birth Certificate and your chidlrens Birth certificate.

Some also take:

1. Tax Returns.
2. Selective Service Letter (For males only).

Misc Documents:
1. If you have been married before then take your original Divorce Decree.
2. If you have been arrested then court documents.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have questions regarding the Tax Returns and the Selective Service
Letter.

- For the interview, the copies of only Federal Tax return should be
taken or both Federal and state.

- Also, I didn't have green card between the ages 18 and 26. so, I am not
eligable for Selective Service. Do I need to take any Selective Service
Letter for the interview?

Same day oath depends on two things:

1. Whether you are approved at the end of the Interview.
2. There is same day oath on the day of your interview and there is space to accommodate you.

Generally same day oath is an iffy thing. Try it and if the officer says yes do it the same day.

See the sticky about tax transripts. You have to call IRS and request the 4506-T over the phone. They will send you the current year tax transcript and the previous 3 years. It is free and takes 10 business days.

Thanks N400Applier,
My interview is in the morning on a Wednesday. I believe Baltimore holds oath ceremonies on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays (read somewhere in this forum). So, I might get an opportunity to take the oath on same day, if I pass the interview, of course.
I have order tax transcripts and tax account details for 2004, 2005 & 2006. Hoping that would be enough.

Good Luck with you interview.

Congratulations! NL2007 and happysoul

on receiveing your ILs. The citizenship is just a short distance away for you.

I checked my I-797C(Notice of Action) letter again and found my priority date is Dec. 28, 2006 instead of Jan. 04, 2007. I hope that I will be in the next group of people who receive their ILs in this forum.

Keep us updated!

NWS
Baltimore Office
N-400 mailed 12/26
PD 12/28
FP 01/19
IL very soon?

Questions?