Baltimore N-400 Timeline

gg11 said:
We did our interview yesterday. Interview time is 1.20pm, the officer called me in at 1.19pm, the documents asked were GC, passport and DL. Everything went fine. I took the history and english test, very easy. After 6 questions she stopped as I got all correct, she asked me to write a sentence in english as she dictated and read one sentence from the paper. She told me I passed the test, and I cannot go to the oath ceremony as the computer found another file of me at national records center, they have to request that file, consolidate everything and send me a letter about decision. She gave me a paper saying decision cannot be made yet. I asked her how long it will take, she did not answer that, she just said it is bit more time to wait for the decision.

Did anybody face this type of situation??? how much time it will take for cases like this?? This again proved how unlucky I am.

For my husband, his interview time is also at 1.20pm, they called him in only at 2.15pm, everything went fine for him too, they asked for marriage certificate copy. They gave a paper saying, congratulations, we are recommending you for citizenship and a letter will be sent to you about oath. I guess he could not take it as it is already time for 3.00pm oath ceremony.
Unfortunately, you will have to wait. A decison with duplicate files usuallyy takes upto 6 months...I know you don't want to hear that. But Patience and InfoPass is what you can do.

In the paper that the officer gave me states that a decision will be sent within 120 days from the interview date, otherwise you can ask for a hearing itseems.

gg11 said:
In the paper that the officer gave me states that a decision will be sent within 120 days from the interview date, otherwise you can ask for a hearing itseems.
In fact 120 days after an interview you can sue UCSIC. Therefore the letter states 120 days. But like I said wait a few months and schedule an InfoPass.

N-400 Timeline

I received my interview letter today for a March 12 at 1 pm interview. I guess I won't get to take the oath on the same day.

Interestingly, my online case status has not dissappeared. It still says that the last update was made to it on 9/29/2006.

Here is an update on my timeline:

9/18/2006 - Mailed N-400 application, checks, etc to VSC
9/21/2006 - application delivered (based on USPS tracking)
9/21/2006 - Priority Date
9/21/2006 - Case Status last updated
9/29/2006 - Case Status online updated
9/30/2006 - Received I-797C, Notice of Action receipt notice
10/5/2006 - Received Fingerprint notice
10/12/2006 - FP done at Glenmont ASC (appt time 1 pm). Test not available
online status dissappears ???? as of 1/23/2007 case status still shows
Received IL 1/22/2007
ID 3/12/2007
Oath Date ????
Edit/Delete Message

Last edited by a moderator:
Alf said:
I received my interview letter today for a March 12 at 1 pm interview. I guess I won't get to take the oath on the same day.

Interestingly, my online case status has not dissappeared. It still says that the last update was made to it on 9/29/2006.

Here is an update on my timeline:

9/18/2006 - Mailed N-400 application, checks, etc to VSC
9/21/2006 - application delivered (based on USPS tracking)
9/21/2006 - Priority Date
9/21/2006 - Case Status last updated
9/29/2006 - Case Status online updated
9/30/2006 - Received I-797C, Notice of Action receipt notice
10/5/2006 - Received Fingerprint notice
10/12/2006 - FP done at Glenmont ASC (appt time 1 pm). Test not available
online status dissappears ???? as of 1/23/2007 case status still shows
Received IL 1/22/2007
ID 3/12/2007
Oath Date ????
Edit/Delete Message

click on the case number, it'll say "case number not found"... which means it DID dissapear.

odessit said:
click on the case number, it'll say "case number not found"... which means it DID dissapear.

Actually, i just tried what you suggested and clicked on the receipt number. Another web page displayed the following, indicating that my case status has not dissappeared. Has anyone else experienced this?

Case Status

Receipt Number: ************

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On September 22, 2006, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.
If you would like to see our current Processing Dates for Applications and Petitions, click here.

Note: Case Status is available for Applications and Petitions which were filed at USCIS Service Centers. If you filed at a USCIS Local Office, your case status may not be reviewable online but for processing times on forms filed at that Office please, click here.

If you have a question about case status information provided via this site, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed, please contact Customer Service at (800) 375 – 5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TTY).

Alf said:
Actually, i just tried what you suggested and clicked on the receipt number. Another web page displayed the following, indicating that my case status has not dissappeared. Has anyone else experienced this?

Case Status

Receipt Number: ************

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On September 22, 2006, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.
If you would like to see our current Processing Dates for Applications and Petitions, click here.

Note: Case Status is available for Applications and Petitions which were filed at USCIS Service Centers. If you filed at a USCIS Local Office, your case status may not be reviewable online but for processing times on forms filed at that Office please, click here.

If you have a question about case status information provided via this site, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed, please contact Customer Service at (800) 375 – 5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TTY).
Don't waste any more time on the web site status. The status on the web site is unreliable. You have your IL. So prepare well, take all documentation, dress properly and all the best with your Interview.

Once done please post your Interview experience.

nws

I don't know why my first message didn't get passed.

I am new to this forum, There is my info:

N400 mailing date Dec. 23, 2006
RD Dec. 28, 2006
PD Dec. 28, 2006
FP ND Jan. 09, 2007
FP RD Jan. 13, 2007
FP Jan. 19, 2007
IL ND/RD ????

nws

One of my colleague who filed his N400 application back in Nov. 2006 got his interview letter a few days ago. The interview date was set in March. It seems to me that N400 application process in Baltimore is going smoothly.

Welcome to the forum. Let us know if you have any specific questions on issues.

My own time line is a bit out of date now (applied in Feb 06, took oath at Baltimore on Jul 14, 2006), but I will say we found the staff at Balt. DO to be fairly friendly and helpful.

any one with Priority date Nov 13 or later???

I am new to this board, so please bear with me until I learn the netiquets of this board.
My Service Center is Vermont
My Districy Office : Baltimore
I have applied for n-400 and my priority date is Nov 13, 2006.
I have neither received my appointment letter nor my record has disappeared from the tracking system of USCIS.

Is there any one in the same situation on this board?

I saw some people have received interview letters who have even applied in DEc 2006. Their service center was vermont but district office was different.

Just wanted to see if anyone with priority date Nov 13 or after has received the interview letter (Baltimore District Office).

Marylander99 said:
I am new to this board, so please bear with me until I learn the netiquets of this board.
My Service Center is Vermont
My Districy Office : Baltimore
I have applied for n-400 and my priority date is Nov 13, 2006.
I have neither received my appointment letter nor my record has disappeared from the tracking system of USCIS.

Is there any one in the same situation on this board?

I saw some people have received interview letters who have even applied in DEc 2006. Their service center was vermont but district office was different.

Just wanted to see if anyone with priority date Nov 13 or after has received the interview letter (Baltimore District Office).
I am pretty much in the same boat. Priority Date Nov 6, 2006. FP done Nov 30, 2006. No news yet. A general rule of thumb is if you don't hear anything 90 days after FP (so in my case Feb 28, 2007), then schedule an InfoPass.

It could be the dreaded name-check hell.

The on-line status is unreliable. For some people when it disappears it means that they are going to get the Interview Letter. But like I state it is unreliable. So wait a month or so and schedule an InfoPass.

Baltimore interview

I had my interview today in Baltimore. Me and my wife were both scheduled for 1 pm. My wife was called at 1:10. When she finished her interview I was still out in the waiting room waiting for my name to be called. Her interview was successful and she was to take the oath at 3. I was getting worried that I would be called too late and I would not be able to take the oath.

I was finally called at ~ 1:50. The officer was very professional. She asked for my drivers' license, my green card and my passport. Then we went over the questions in the N-400 form. I told her about my trips I had taken since filing N-400 and she wrote the information manually on the form. I also told her about a parking ticket I got recently. She put that information also on the form and asked me if I paid the fine. I said yes and she asked no further questions. In the end she asked me for a copy of my marrriage certificate.

After reviewing my application I took the civics and English tests which were very easy. Then she worked on her own for about 2 minutes and finally gave me the form saying that my application was recommended for approval. After some more time she asked me if I was ready to take the oath. I was relieved and said yes. Then she gave me the form that I needed for the oath.

We were asked to go to room 101 for the oath at 3pm. Then an officer came and asked us to form a single file and go up to the 7th floor for the oath ceremony. The ceremony took about 45 minutes.

I was really moved during the oath.

Oath ceremony

Does anyone know whether we can take guests to the oath ceremony at the Fallon building? If so, what's the limit? How does it work?

Thanks in advance.

Plubius said:
Does anyone know whether we can take guests to the oath ceremony at the Fallon building? If so, what's the limit? How does it work?

Thanks in advance.

Yes certainly - there is no formal limit, but the room is pretty large, so its not unusual to see people bring 2-3 guests. Also, you might like to know you are allowed to use cameras in that room too, although nowhere else in the building.

Name check...

N400Applier said:
I am pretty much in the same boat. Priority Date Nov 6, 2006. FP done Nov 30, 2006. No news yet. A general rule of thumb is if you don't hear anything 90 days after FP (so in my case Feb 28, 2007), then schedule an InfoPass.

It could be the dreaded name-check hell.

The on-line status is unreliable. For some people when it disappears it means that they are going to get the Interview Letter. But like I state it is unreliable. So wait a month or so and schedule an InfoPass.

Nice to know that I have some company. Please post when you get the Interview letter or your online status disappears.

Is there any way we can find out if the application is stuck in name check or not?