Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Marriage Cert only required if your application is based on 3y marriage to USC.

I requested a name change to my husband's last name, they asked me marriage certificate. My husband didnot request any name change, but they still asked him a marriage certificate copy. We are not on 3 yr marriage quota.

I requested a name change to my husband's last name, they asked me marriage certificate. My husband didnot request any name change, but they still asked him a marriage certificate copy. We are not on 3 yr marriage quota.

Weird - neither me or the wife were asked for one. Never heard of them wanting proof of what you you're changing your name to either... :confused:

Would be nice if USCIS applied their procedures uniformly across all DO's!

Weird - neither me or the wife were asked for one. Never heard of them wanting proof of what you you're changing your name to either... :confused:

Would be nice if USCIS applied their procedures uniformly across all DO's!
That is why boatbod I put the Marriage Cert as one of the documents in my post. You never know what they may ask.

That is why boatbod I put the Marriage Cert as one of the documents in my post. You never know what they may ask.

Yup, which taken to its logic conclusion, brings us right back to the whole darned laundry list in the Documents for Interview sticky. :( oh, how I hate paperwork.

Any Interview letters for Nov 2006 Priority date???

I am wondering if any one with Priority date/Receipt date in Nov 2006 got any interview letters for Baltimore District office

Priority Date November 3, 2006

My wifes priority date is: November 3, 2006
Her Fingerprints taken: November 19, 2006
We have not recieved an interview date yet?

New Baltimore Citizens

I am happy to share the good news with you that I and my wife both passed the citizenship interview this afternoon and attended the oath ceremony in the afternoon. This board contains very useful to me and I have been reading the posts daily since I filed my citizenship application. Thank you all for the help and support. Please find my experiences below and hope it can be helpful to future citizenship applicant that needs to be interviewed in Baltimore:

I and my wife were both scheduled for 2 pm. My wife was called at 1:45. When she finished her interview I was still out in the waiting room waiting for my name to be called. Her interview was successful and she was to take the oath at 3. I was getting worried that I would be called too late and I would not be able to take the oath.

I was finally called at ~ 2:15. The officer was very professional. She asked for my drivers' license, my green card and my passport. She asked me for the copy of selective service letter and in my wife’ case the officer asked her for the copy of marriage certificate. No other documents are asked and/or reviewed. Then we went over the questions in the N-400 form. I told her about my trips I had taken since filing N-400 and she wrote the information manually on the form. The above is the same for my wife interview.

After reviewing my application I took the civics and English tests which were very easy. Then she worked on her own for a couple of seconds and finally gave me the form saying that my application was recommended for approval. After some more time she asked me if I was ready to take the oath. Then she gave me the form that I needed for the oath. The above is the same for my wife interview. The entire interview process took less than 15 minutes.

We were asked to go to room 101 for the oath at 3pm. Then an officer came and asked us to form a single file and go up to the 7th floor for the oath ceremony. We were asked to hand over our green cards. Then the officer had some opening speeches and then asked us to take the oath. We then watched a video recording from President Bush to congratulate the new citizens. Then each person was called to the front one by one and was handed over his/her citizenship certificate and a small US flag. This marked the end of the ceremony. The ceremony took about 45 minutes.

Here is the timeline For Myself and Spouse and YES the timeline is same for both:

N-400 @ VSC - Baltimore DO
09/16/06 Mailed N400 to VSC
09/18/06 Receipt/ND Date.
09/29/06 Received RD/FP letter
10/12/06 FP appt. Baltimore
12/27/06 Online Status Disappeared
01/04/07 Interview Letter Received
02/22/07 Interview & Oath Taken

Does the Baltimore District Office administer the N-400 oath on Mondays?

Does anyone know whether the Baltimore District Office administer N-400 oath on Mondays in the evening?

Can someone please respond if you have had your oath on a Monday evening or know of someone who has?

My interview time is 1:00 pm on a Monday. I notice that the people who have posted their interview/oath experience were on other days of the week other than Mondays.

Thanks for the anticipated responses.

Congratulation Baltimore_Citiz and thank you for your post. It was smooth sailing for you and your spouse, hope the same for everyone on the board.

:)

I do not beleive they have oath on monday. They do have on tuesday,wednesday and thursday.

Actually, I reviewed some previous posts on this thread and I saw one where someone had the oath ceremony on a Monday morning. So I guess the question then is whether there is a Monday evening oath ceremony (my interview is at 1 pm).

Congratulations, but that is sooooooooooo frustrating. We live right between Philly and Baltimore and belong to the Philly office (by one mile...). We applied in September, have not had our interviews, and the oath takes another couple of weeks after the interview.

I am happy to share the good news with you that I and my wife both passed the citizenship interview this afternoon and attended the oath ceremony in the afternoon. This board contains very useful to me and I have been reading the posts daily since I filed my citizenship application. Thank you all for the help and support. Please find my experiences below and hope it can be helpful to future citizenship applicant that needs to be interviewed in Baltimore:

I and my wife were both scheduled for 2 pm. My wife was called at 1:45. When she finished her interview I was still out in the waiting room waiting for my name to be called. Her interview was successful and she was to take the oath at 3. I was getting worried that I would be called too late and I would not be able to take the oath.

I was finally called at ~ 2:15. The officer was very professional. She asked for my drivers' license, my green card and my passport. She asked me for the copy of selective service letter and in my wife’ case the officer asked her for the copy of marriage certificate. No other documents are asked and/or reviewed. Then we went over the questions in the N-400 form. I told her about my trips I had taken since filing N-400 and she wrote the information manually on the form. The above is the same for my wife interview.

After reviewing my application I took the civics and English tests which were very easy. Then she worked on her own for a couple of seconds and finally gave me the form saying that my application was recommended for approval. After some more time she asked me if I was ready to take the oath. Then she gave me the form that I needed for the oath. The above is the same for my wife interview. The entire interview process took less than 15 minutes.

We were asked to go to room 101 for the oath at 3pm. Then an officer came and asked us to form a single file and go up to the 7th floor for the oath ceremony. We were asked to hand over our green cards. Then the officer had some opening speeches and then asked us to take the oath. We then watched a video recording from President Bush to congratulate the new citizens. Then each person was called to the front one by one and was handed over his/her citizenship certificate and a small US flag. This marked the end of the ceremony. The ceremony took about 45 minutes.

Here is the timeline For Myself and Spouse and YES the timeline is same for both:

N-400 @ VSC - Baltimore DO
09/16/06 Mailed N400 to VSC
09/18/06 Receipt/ND Date.
09/29/06 Received RD/FP letter
10/12/06 FP appt. Baltimore
12/27/06 Online Status Disappeared
01/04/07 Interview Letter Received
02/22/07 Interview & Oath Taken

AFAIK, Baltimore runs morning oath ceremonies on Mondays and Fridays, and afternoon ceremonies Tuesday, Wednesday & Thrusday.

Sometimes things get swapped around a bit to cater for "special" ceremonies held offsite at city functions like the "Baltimore International Festival" last August.

I called USCIS customer service today. They told me that still investigation is going on and it may take 4 to 6 months.

We have plans to travel to out of country for a month during the summer depending on the flight availability either in june or july. What will happen if I receive the oath letter while I am away?

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Name Check???

My Priority date is Nov 13 and still no IL.

Is there any way to find out if I am stuck in that infamous name check?

I have not seen anyone from Baltimore DO with Nov priority dates getting any ILs...Am I correct ?

My Priority date is Nov 13 and still no IL.

Is there any way to find out if I am stuck in that infamous name check?

I have not seen anyone from Baltimore DO with Nov priority dates getting any ILs...Am I correct ?
Correct..Same boat here. FP done in Baltimore on Nov 30, 2006. Still waiting.

Baltimore DO November Priority date

My wife's priority date is November 3rd and her finger prints were done November 19th in Baltimore. We are still waiting for an interview letter.