Baltimore N-400 Timeline

I requested a name change. How much time it is taking to get oath date after the interview?

Thanks

Sorry, i haven't been around for a while...
N400Applier,

What questions were you asked during the Interview?
She just went over my N400 application

Was the officer friendly and professional?
Yes, she was really nice and i was out of there in 15 minutes

What documents were you asked in the Interview letter?
Green card, passport, tax forms, marriage certificate

What documents were you asked during the Interview?
Green card and passport

Baltimore DO

Lets say you have an interview in Baltimore office , does that mean that its possible that they do your ceremoney same day or is it like 50/50 .
what do you guys think from your experience ?

markus76 said:
Lets say you have an interview in Baltimore office , does that mean that its possible that they do your ceremoney same day or is it like 50/50 .
what do you guys think from your experience ?
I have not had my interview so I may not be qualified to answer this question.

In Baltimore, Oath ceremonies are held 2 times a week. So in order for you to have Oath the same day as Interview the following factors apply:

1. On the day of the Interview your District Office must schedule Oath Ceremonies.
2. Your Inteview should be in the morning and the Oaths in the afternoon.
3. You must pass your interview successfully.
4. There must be space to accommodate you for the Oath.

As you can see since you don't have control over many of the things I mentioned all you can do is prepare well for the interview, take all documentation, dress properly and hope for the best.

N400Applier said:
I have not had my interview so I may not be qualified to answer this question.

In Baltimore, Oath ceremonies are held 2 times a week. So in order for you to have Oath the same day as Interview the following factors apply:

1. On the day of the Interview your District Office must schedule Oath Ceremonies.
2. Your Inteview should be in the morning and the Oaths in the afternoon.
3. You must pass your interview successfully.
4. There must be space to accommodate you for the Oath.

As you can see since you don't have control over many of the things I mentioned all you can do is prepare well for the interview, take all documentation, dress properly and hope for the best.

thank you N400Applier for the info :)

Friends,

I have seen many people saying that "My status
disappeared online".
I have registered online and when I see
my case status, it says "Current Status: Case
received and pending".

I have given Finger Printing and waiting for Interview Letter. so, After
reading many threads, I understand the case disappears just before
sending interview letter. Can anybody please tell what is meant by case
disappeared online? when you check for case status, do we see any
message like "This case cannot be found or something like that..."

When you check your case status online, usually it gives the information about your application like when it is received and a paper is mailed to you and it will take # of days etc.. approx 2 months after fingerprinting, when you check your case status it will say application information not found. That is when you will receive your interview letter.

Please post your timeline, so others can benefit from that.

Thanks gg11 for the reply.

My N400 details....

Priority Date - 12/15/2006
Notice date - 12/26/2006
Finger Print - 01/06/2007
Interview Date - ???????
Oath Date - ??????

All Done

Finally all done; we had our interview and oath today. It was a very simple process. Only documents they asked for were...

1. Passport
2. Green Card
3. Driving License

Thank You everyone ...

gg11 said:
Congrats nraop!!! What was the time of your interview? morning or afternoon?

Thank You. Our interview was in the morning at 10:30am and Oath in the afternoon at 3:00pm.

nraop said:
Thank You. Our interview was in the morning at 10:30am and Oath in the afternoon at 3:00pm.

congrats nraop.

Was in in baltimore office ? Untill now nobody is sure if you have interview in baltimore you get oath same day.....I know that they do oath on same day but is this regular or not..... any one can share ?

Same day oath depends very much on which day your interview is held. I know that Friday oath ceremonies are held early (9am), so thats at least one day ruled out. Not sure about Mondays, but I think Tue-Thur are all late 3pm ceremonies.

I had my Oath Ceremony on a monday at 9 am and they told us there was another one being held at 11 am.. don't know if that's common practice or not.

markus76 said:
congrats nraop.

Was in in baltimore office ? Untill now nobody is sure if you have interview in baltimore you get oath same day.....I know that they do oath on same day but is this regular or not..... any one can share ?

Yes, it was in Baltimore office. Not sure if they do it for everyone. Our interview was on thursday and they asked us if we want to take the oath today; we said yes and they gave us the appointment letter for the Oath for the same day for 3:00pm.

We did our interview yesterday. Interview time is 1.20pm, the officer called me in at 1.19pm, the documents asked were GC, passport and DL. Everything went fine. I took the history and english test, very easy. After 6 questions she stopped as I got all correct, she asked me to write a sentence in english as she dictated and read one sentence from the paper. She told me I passed the test, and I cannot go to the oath ceremony as the computer found another file of me at national records center, they have to request that file, consolidate everything and send me a letter about decision. She gave me a paper saying decision cannot be made yet. I asked her how long it will take, she did not answer that, she just said it is bit more time to wait for the decision.

Did anybody face this type of situation??? how much time it will take for cases like this?? This again proved how unlucky I am.

For my husband, his interview time is also at 1.20pm, they called him in only at 2.15pm, everything went fine for him too, they asked for marriage certificate copy. They gave a paper saying, congratulations, we are recommending you for citizenship and a letter will be sent to you about oath. I guess he could not take it as it is already time for 3.00pm oath ceremony.