Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Experts...
Do I Have To Register For Selective Service...?
I Got My Gc When I Was 33yrs Old. And I Was On H1 Prior To That.
Do I Have To Take Any Form Of Proof,that I Don't Require To Register? Please Give Your Inputs

To Jihuzur: Five years of Permanent Residency

Jihuzur:

Just out of curiosity. When do you complete your 5 years of Permanent Residency ?

27th April 2006, 10:43 AM
Intrepid
Registered User Join Date: May 2002

To Jihuzur: Five years of Permanent Residency

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jihuzur:

Just out of curiosity. When do you complete your 5 years of Permanent Residency ?

IT WILL BE ON 12JUN... MY INTERVIEW ON 15JUN

Selective Service Registration:

Jihuzur:

Please start a new thread and post your query about selective service Registration there. I don't think many people visit Baltimore N-400 tracker thread.

Thay way you stand a good chance of getting some response.

HTH.

Good luck.

jihuzur
Your greencard and your passport is proof enough to show that you did not have the need to register.

kaynags
wrote
jihuzur
Your greencard and your passport is proof enough to show that you did not have the need to register.

Had my interview yesterday

My interview was schedule for 2:40 PM , I got there around 1:15 PM. I was called in at 3:10 PM. The first thing she asked was my passport,greencard and drivers license.I took the civic test when I did my FP, she requested for the paper given to me showing that I passed the test.

The lady basically went through my application making sure what I wrote on the form was correct.She then took my passport and look through. She asked me if I have other document to support my application, I gave her my 2005 tax return.I saw my file and everything that I had with me was already in there. She asked me to print my name on three places on the application form, I was also asked to print my name on the passport pictures.

She gave me the N-652 sheet(Naturalization interview result) on it she checked
(1) You have passed the tests of English and U.S history and government
(2)USCIS will send you a written decision about your application.

I asked her why can't she make a decision now since I have everything they need.She said she would have to review my application tommorow and that I will hear from them within 100 days.

What do you all think?do you think they are going to deny me?

02/06/06 Mailed N400 to VSC
02/06/06 Notice date
02/08/06 Received receipt.
03/06/06 FP letter
03/15/06 FP appt. Baltimore
03/27/06 Received IL
04/27/06 Interview Baltimore @ 2.40pm

Hi Loso!

Wow, that sucks! Maybe it is because you got called in so close to them calling it a day, that she was just lazy? I have not heard something like this before. At least since I have been lurking here, folks do not get a decision after the interview if documents are missing, some checks have not been completed...things of that nature.

I am sure one of the more knowledgeable members will share their 2 cents shortly.

Cheers!

-------
Washington, D.C. DO
N-400 @ VSC
PD: 01/17/06
Check cashed: 01/23/06
ND: 02/14/06 (received 02/18/06)
FP notice: 03/01/06 (received 03/05/06)
FP: 03/15/06 (FBI reported back to USCIS the same day)
Online Status disappeared on 04/12/2006
ID/OD: 06/20/2006

Interview Experience

I had the Interview on Apr 25th at 11:00 am. I started from Gaithersburg around 9:35 PM, went through 270/495/95 and reached INS at exactly 11:00 am, as there was an acident on 95 N due to ehich there was traffic.

I was called in around 12:00 noon. The officer told me to swear that everything i tell will be the truth.. and then went through my application. I had made one trip to India since filing, so he corrected that. Then asked me to take the civis test. He generated a question set from the computer and asked my one question at a time by mouth. I got all the first 6 questions right, so he stopped there and then asked me to read and write a sentence in english.
Then he asked me if I had any other picture as the picture I had sent was not in white background. I had anticipated this and taken a few photos from Walmart the previous day. He accepted those pictures.

Since I had applied for a change of name, had to sign a few papers for the Petition for name change and then I was done. He said he has approved my application and I should receive a letter for oath in a few weeks, after the name change formalities are done and the oath will be in a local court.

He also gave me the papers indicating I had passed the civics test and the english test. Now Im waiting for Oath.

09/23/05 Mailed N400 to VSC
11/14/05 FP appt. Glenmont
12/02/06 Received IL
01/18/06 First interview, couldn't attend as i was in India
02/15/06 Second interview, Missed as I didnt receive the Interview letter
04/25/06 Third interview Baltimore @ 11:0 am
Waiting for oath letter due to name change

kaynags said:
Ramkyk
how did your interview go? Please post your experience.

Ramkyk
I also live in Gaithersburg. Are the directions by mapquest accurate...
What was the route you took.

Thanks

Congratulations, ramkyk.
ramkyk said:
I had the Interview on Apr 25th at 11:00 am. I started from Gaithersburg around 9:35 PM, went through 270/495/95 and reached INS at exactly 11:00 am, as there was an acident on 95 N due to ehich there was traffic.

I was called in around 12:00 noon. The officer told me to swear that everything i tell will be the truth.. and then went through my application. I had made one trip to India since filing, so he corrected that. Then asked me to take the civis test. He generated a question set from the computer and asked my one question at a time by mouth. I got all the first 6 questions right, so he stopped there and then asked me to read and write a sentence in english.
Then he asked me if I had any other picture as the picture I had sent was not in white background. I had anticipated this and taken a few photos from Walmart the previous day. He accepted those pictures.

Since I had applied for a change of name, had to sign a few papers for the Petition for name change and then I was done. He said he has approved my application and I should receive a letter for oath in a few weeks, after the name change formalities are done and the oath will be in a local court.

He also gave me the papers indicating I had passed the civics test and the english test. Now Im waiting for Oath.

09/23/05 Mailed N400 to VSC
11/14/05 FP appt. Glenmont
12/02/06 Received IL
01/18/06 First interview, couldn't attend as i was in India
02/15/06 Second interview, Missed as I didnt receive the Interview letter
04/25/06 Third interview Baltimore @ 11:0 am
Waiting for oath letter due to name change

kaynags
good luck
please update your info after your interview tommorow
and also please advice what docs are you taking there, and which one
they are very particular.
all the best
thanks

jihuzur
thank you for remembering. This forum is like a family, wishing and taking care of one another. I will definitely post my experience, tomorrow itself, the first chance I get.

I plan to take

a) The two speeding tickets I got in the last 4 months. I have a total of 3 in all the years that I lived in US. Plus the copy of the checks to show that I have paid the ticets.

b) A copy of my 2005 return, just incase.... This is a copy from my Turbotax print out and not an IRS copy.

c) My GC, Passport and my old passport(just in case)

d) And of course the Interview letter.

e) If I can find the copies of my photos, I will take them else I will not.

f) A copy of the N400 that I had filled.

Can't think of anything else that I feel is a must. Though I know there is sticky thread which has a big list of documents that one should take, I will take my chances. I really do not feel like collecting all those.

The IL did ask for a proof for the selective service, which they asked my wife too, so I deduce it must be a generic print on an IL. My GC and my Passport should be proof enough about why I did not need to apply for selective service.

Thank you for your wishes jihuzur, I am hoping that my case would be wrapped up in one sitting rest I leave it in god's and the officer's hands.

Goodluck Keynags

Goodluck Keynags!

My timeline is as follows.

Application Received: 3/10/2006
FP Date: 4/10/2006
Interview: 6/14/2006 in Baltimore

Thanks all!

Ram

Testram: When did you receive IL?

Testram:
When did you receive your IL ?

Also, when are you completing your 5 years of permanent residency ?

My FP was done on 4/25/06. I want to know how long it takes to receive IL and when is the interview scheduled ?

Looks like they are waiting for an applicant to complete 5 years of permanent residency.

Thanks in advance.

kaynags
thanks
i will wait get your info tomorrow.. my interview is on the 15june @ 2:00pm
i am hoping that i would finish both interview and oath on same day..
i live in Gaithersburg too... and i normally take RT 108 and 32 to 95 ...
to go to baltimore...