Baltimore N-400 Timeline

I took my FP yesterday in Glenmont ASC in Maryland. They did not offer to take civic test. The entire process tookd only 15 minutes.

They took my FP using an ink and pressed against a card. Is that the standard procedure..?

kaynags..? did you take FP using ink..

N-400: mailed : Dec 19 th, 2005
Priority Date : Dec 22nd , 2005
Notice of Action Rcvd: Jan 22nd 2006
FP letter received : Mar 13 th, 2006
FP taken : Mar 22nd , 2006
Interview : XXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
usenet007 said:
I took my FP yesterday in Glenmont ASC in Maryland. They did not offer to take civic test. The entire process tookd only 15 minutes.

They took my FP using an ink and pressed against a card. Is that the standard procedure..?

N-400: mailed : Dec 19 th, 2005
Priority Date : Dec 22nd , 2005
Notice of Action Rcvd: Jan 22nd 2006
FP letter received : Mar 13 th, 2006
FP taken : Mar 22nd , 2006
Interview : XXXX

Hi there!

I had mine taken at the Alexandria ASC on March 15th, 2006. In my case, it was all electronic. They scanned both hands and then each finger individually.

Of course, as I had expected, the Alexandria ASC does not let you take the Civics test. So I have to wait until the interview. I am not too worried about that...I do not find it difficult at all ;-).

Best,
Nico

-------
N-400 @ VSC
PD: 01/17/06
Check cashed: 01/23/06
ND: 02/14/06 (received 02/18/06)
FP notice: 03/01/06 (received 03/05/06)
FP: 03/15/06 (FBI reported back to USCIS the same day)
ID/OD: N/A

When they say we can apply 90 days prior to 5 years of completion...
Do they wait until 90 days are over and then start the process? Experts your inputs?

90 days - no effect

Hi

I applied 90 days before I was eligible and got my FP done before I was eligible. The interview date of course will have to be after you become eligible. After a successful interview, you will be given a preprited stationery where the interview will check a statement that reads something like this" You have successfully completed your naturalization interview. You application has been recommended for approval. you will receive a date for the oath ceremony soon".

My dates (Detroit) are:
Eligibility date (5 years after gc): 12-25-05
Application Receipt Date: 10-1-05 (Applied 90 days before I became eligible)
Fingerprint date: 12/21/05
Interview date: 3/15/06
Oath date: ????????? (hopefully within Apr 15 - The interview officer said I have successfully completed the interview and gave a preprinted form where she mentioned that my application has been sent for approval. She also said the interview date may be within Mar 31 - Interviews are only on Mon & Fri)

I took my passport, social security card, GC, interview invitation letter and the appointment letter of the new job that I had joined 2 weeks prior to the interview. I did not take any other documents that are mentioned in some other threads.

She struck out the section where I had mentioned my traffic citations. Apparently traffic citations are not to be mentioned in the area.

Usenet
My FP was electronic and not by ink. I did see a few people were getting it done by ink while others were electronic.

The testing lady at glenmont is not going to be around for another couple of weeks, so we will have to get tested during the interview.

jihuzur, u can travel any number of times during the process. Just remember the dates.

typically how many days it takes to get a receipt for notice of action?
it has been 12days since they received it.

I got a case not found message on the online system. I guess this means they would have transferred the files to Baltimore.

I received my interview letter today.I have been scheduled for an interview @ 10.20 am on may 3.

Anyone who has experience of testing during the interview at baltimore, is it multiple choice??

They have asked me to get any evidence of SSC registration, my wife got the same requirement. I was 27 on an H1 when I came to this country and hence did not have to register. What kind of evidence would you guys suggest I take.

Appreciate your help on these questions.

Got interview letter

I too got Interview letter. April 25th for me and May 2nd for my wife. Will let you guys know how it goes. For the SSC registration you dont need any prrof. You can show your green card and it has the issue date as wellas the date of birth. they will figure it out that you were more than 26 when you got your green card. As for your wife, I think registrationis mandatory only for males. Correct me if I am wrong..

Anyone here has any Idea how long does it takes if you have indicated a name change in the form? Can you take oath same day as interview or do we have to go back later after the name change formalities are completed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my interview letter too

My interview is on 27th April at 2:40 PM. Is there any possibility that if I go there early I may be interview before 2:40?

02/06/06 Mailed N400 to VSC
02/06/06 Notice date
02/08/06 Received receipt.
03/06/06 FP letter
03/15/06 FP appt. Baltimore
03/27/06 Received IL
04/27/06 Interview Baltimore @ 2.40pm

kaynags,

for Selective Sercice letter, I have applied for status certificate with neccesay eveidence that you are not required to register. ( like you were above 25 or you got your Green card after the age of 26 ..)I am waiting for the letter from SSA...

Hi,
Usually it takes a couple weeks for a name change and get a court order. Oath can be at different location like local county court.

All the best

Ramky
Let me know couple of things after you are done with your interview,

I live in gaithersburg area and have a 10.20 appt.

a) roughly what time should I start(assuming there is traffic on 495)
b) hopefully parking is plenty, even if expensive
c) Was the test mulitple choice(in case u did not test at the Wheaton center)
d) things to do around that area( if waiting for the oath on the same day.)

Thanks and all the best for your interview.