Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Hello from a new member

Hello everyone.

I've been lurking on this board for a couple of weeks. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I am living abroad and have filed for naturalization under a rule that exempts the spouse of a US citizen stationed abroad from the continuous residency requirement. I could also choose the district office where I wanted to be interviewed. I chose Baltimore because: (1) it's supposed to be fast, (2) possible same-day oath, and (3) my in-laws live close by :)

Here's my timeline so far:

02/17/06: Fingerprinted at a US embassy
02/20/06: Mailed application
03/03/06: Got a call from a (very nice) VSC case officer; wanted to confirm that I wished to be interviewed in Baltimore.
03/07/06: Check cashed
03/14/06: Receipt notice received (priority date 2/23/06)
03/20/06: Fingerprints cleared by FBI and sent back to USCIS

I'm still not sure about the FBI name check. I called an FBI number, got a recording that gave me an email address; sent off an email but haven't heard back yet (big surprise!) So now I'm waiting for the interview letter.

N400 Baltimore Status check

Hello,

Thanks for all the very useful information here.

In my case, my and my wife's N400 PD is Jan21, 2006. I got my fingerprints taken on March 24, 2006, and passed the civics test on March 24th as well. It appears from other posts that I should be getting my interview letter soon, and my interview & oath should happen on the same day and might happen before the end of May.

I have two questions:

1) Is there a way I can find out when my interview date is, or is the interview letter the only source for this information?
2) Can I travel outside the US between the interview date and now?
3) If for some reason, the oath does not happen the same day as the interview, can I travel outside the USA between the oath day and the interview date?

Much thanks for all you input,
Narayan

My timeline

So far..

N400 Priority Date : Jan 21, 2006
Fingerprint Notice Date: Feb 28, 2006
Fingerprint Date : March 24, 2006

When I called the Vermont customer service center, they advised me that Baltimore is processing April 2005 cases. She also stated that travelling is not an issue, but one should make sure that you don't miss the dates.

Narayan

jihuzur said:
Usenet007

What Is Your Timeline On Your N-400?

My Time line is..

N-400: mailed : Dec 19 th, 2005
Priority Date : Dec 22nd , 2005
Notice of Action Rcvd: Jan 22nd 2006
FP letter received : Mar 13 th, 2006
FP taken : Mar 22nd , 2006
Interview : May 16, 10.00 a.m

my timeline is
N-400 MAILED ON 14MAR
RECD BY INS 15MAR
ND 23MAR
RECD ND 29MAR
FP LETTER 6APR
FP DATE 13APR

Could anyone please let me now if BCIS does a credit check as part of a citizenship application? If so, how do they address issues where a vendor has reported delinquency of a contractual obligation to the credit bureaus. Please note this is not about a bankruptcy filing, only a vendor complaining that a balance is overdue and not been paid for a very long time.

Thanks.

speeding tickets

kaynags,

Can you ask the interview officer after your interview if speeding tickets are required to be mentioned ?

i have finished my FP. Do they wait until we finish 5years B4 sending the interview letter? or can i expect letter B4 that.. experts please advice..
thanks

doc
I certainly will ask them. I myself have couple of tickets which I did not mention in the application.

i have finished my FP. Do they wait until we finish 5years B4 sending the interview letter? or can i expect letter B4 that.. experts please advice..
thanks

My N400 Baltimore Timeline:

N400 Mailed 3/24/2006
N400 Received 3/27/2006
PD 3/27/2006
Checks Cashed 4/5/2006
Notice of Action Received 4/12/2006
FP Notice Received 4/19/2006
FP scheduled on 4/25/2006

How long does it take for DO to schedule an intevriew after FP is done ?

Also as jihuzur has asked, do they schedule an interview only after 5 years of Permanenet Residency have been completed ?

according earlier trend it is taking about 42 days after FP. I dont know whtr those guys have finished 5 yrs..

yes they are waiting until we finish 5 yrs... just got the interview letter
dated for 15jun 06

i have question for the experts...
among the docs they have asked
EVIDENCE OF SELECTIVE SERVICE REGISTRATION...
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

ALSO PEOPLE WHO HAD ATTENDED INTERVIEW, CAN YOU RUN DOWN YOUR LIST OF DOCS YOU TOOK FOR THE INTERVIEW

THANKS

how are the chances i have same day interview and oath.. as my interview is @ 2.00pm? experts input..

jihuzur said:
yes they are waiting until we finish 5 yrs... just got the interview letter
dated for 15jun 06

i have question for the experts...
among the docs they have asked
EVIDENCE OF SELECTIVE SERVICE REGISTRATION...
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

ALSO PEOPLE WHO HAD ATTENDED INTERVIEW, CAN YOU RUN DOWN YOUR LIST OF DOCS YOU TOOK FOR THE INTERVIEW

THANKS
Congratulations, jihuzur. I have a question: did your online case status change to show that the interview letter had been mailed? Or has it not been updated at all?

Fingerprinting at Baltimore

I had my FP done at Baltimore DO yesterday. I started from Rockville around 10:45 AM and reached there at 12:00 PM. My appointment was scheduled at 1:00 PM but they did allow me get fingerprinted at 12:15 PM. After FP they asked me if I wanted to take CIVICS and English test. I said yes. I took the test. All the questions on American history were from the 100 questions in the Guide to Naturalization. All the questions were multiple choice questions. The officer then asked me to read a sentence in English and write "She cooked dinner for her friends". That was all. Then he gave us all a letter stating that we have taken and passed the test. That was all.