Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Took oath on the interview day. See the info below. Timeline thread is very helpful. My spouse will be taking up the process next.

Modoshka,

There you go, next time you should search the forum before "lazying" on us...lol!!!

So an abbreviations' list so you can make sense of all of the stuff in the forum:

AD - Approval Date (When your application was approved)
AOS - Adjustment of status
AOS - Affidavit of Support (Department of State definition, AOS means Affidavit of Support )
AP - Advance Parole (I-131): The authorization to travel outside the US while your adjustment of status is pending
AR - Administrative Review
ASC – Application Support Center: offers fingerprinting services
BC - Birth Certificate
Bio - Biometrics (Digital photo, index finger FP and your digital signature. This is needed for the production of GC.
CP - Consular Processing
CPR - Conditional Permanent Resident
CWOP - Cancelled Without Prejudice
DCF - Direct Consular filing
DHS - Department of Homeland Security
DL - Drivers License
DMV - Department of Motor Vehicles
DO - District Office
DORA - Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment of Status
EAC - Eastern Application Center
EAD - Employment Authorization Document (I-765, approval to work while waiting for AOS Approval)
FP - Finger Print
GC - Green Card
INFOPASS - Is an online appointment so you can go to your DO if you have a doubt or want to know something about your case in person or to request your iEAD
INS - Immigration and Naturalization Service
ID - Interview Date
IO - Immigration officer / Interviewing officer
LPR - Legal Permanent Resident
LUD - Last Update Date on your on-line portfolio at USCIS website. It is the date when they last took action on your application, could be anything.
MSC - Missouri Service Center
NBC - National Benefit Center (is the one which process your forms initially)
ND - Notice Date (When USCIS notified you that they received your application)
NOA’s - Notice of Action is your receipt/letter that you received after you filed your forms indicates I-797C
NVC - National Visa Center
PCC - Police Clearance Certificate
PD - Priority Date
POE - Port of entry
RD - Receipt Date (When USCIS received your application)
RFE - Request for Evidence
RFI - Request for Initial Evidence
SC - Service Center (this is used with a prefix, eg CSC - California Service Center; MSC - Missouri Service Center (that is the address from where you will received your NOA's)
SSA - Social Security Administration
SSN - Social Security Number
USC - US Citizen
USCIS- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
VSC - Vermont Service Center
WAC - Western Application Center

06/21/2010 (DAY-0): N-400 Sent to Lewisville Texas
06/25/2010 (4) : N-400 -RD
06/29/2010 (8): Check Cashed
06/29/2010 (8): ND (PD blank)
07/03/2010 (12): NOA Rec.
07/06/2010 (15): RFE emailed
07/12/2010 (21): Rec. FP letter;
08/03/2010 (43): FP Scheduled - I tried to do so earlier; please check my other posting for more information
08/03/2010 (43): FP done
08/10/2010 (50): Interview letter
09/21/2010 (92): Interview, Baltimore scheduled at 2PM but done at 1.50PM
09/21/2010 (92): Oath done

i recently done FP but the online status still says Request for Evidence. how long does it take for them to process FP and update the status ?

i recently done FP but the online status still says Request for Evidence. how long does it take for them to process FP and update the status ?

I am sure this thread has your answer.... stop being the laziest man in the Baltimore thread....:) Research...

I heard from a lawyer that Oath for Name Change ONLY happens 2-3 times a year in Baltimore District Court. Anyone has any idea on this? I'm waiting for 3.5 months since the approval. Is there a way to find out the next Oath date? I called the court but they were not able to give me the date.

Go to your local district court, the court clerk should have a schedule of court activities, including oath opportunities. It is hard to dismiss people who are in your face, but the phone does it effectively.

Both my wife and my status changed on Oct 21 to Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. You will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time of your interview.

I heard from a lawyer that Oath for Name Change ONLY happens 2-3 times a year in Baltimore District Court. Anyone has any idea on this? I'm waiting for 3.5 months since the approval. Is there a way to find out the next Oath date? I called the court but they were not able to give me the date.
Did you get a date for your oath yet?

Both my wife and my status changed on Oct 21 to Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. You will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time of your interview.

Wait about 4-7 days, an interview letter should be in the mail for you, for interview probably toward end of Nov 2010. Good luck,

Al

Wait about 4-7 days, an interview letter should be in the mail for you, for interview probably toward end of Nov 2010. Good luck,

Al

Thanks Al. My wife already got the notice yesterday as she did her FP one day before me. I should get mine in a few days. I too have a name change and am worried that I might have to wait like gcdetails for months to take the oath. :confused:

N400 Interview in Baltimore, MD

Guys,

I had my naturalization interview today in Baltimore, MD. First of all, there were lot of people who were attending one of the largest oath ceremonies there today, so entering the Federal Plaza was a task, and it was my first time in their office. The interview itself was nothing special, arrived there for about 10:55am, for 11am appointment. I dropped my interview letter in the receptionist window, and was called in around 11:25am, and greeted by a nice young woman who was friendly from the get-go :cool:. Upon arriving in her office, she offered me a chair and told me before I sit, she will do the swearing-in, which we proceeded to do. She asked for my passport, GC and DL which I produced and placed on her desk. She asked me to sign the pictures, while she looked at the passport, DL and GC. She went through the N400 application, Part 1 through 10, in which we waited to discuss my traffic ticket, I didn't declare the ticket because it was speeding, but I told her about it in person. She proceeded to produce a print-out of my speeding ticket, told me if I had proof that I paid the ticket, she will look at it, while I was looking for it in my bag, she logged into her system, saw that it was closed (paid), and said fantastic and we continued from Part 10 onwards, asked me to sign Part 13. She also asked me for my tax returns, and I gave her the tax transcript from IRS and she looked at them for filing year, 20007,2008 and 2009, plus it was married filing jointly. She gave them back to me and told she is satisfied and we proceeded to go into the civics test.

1. Who is the founder of the "Father of our Country"? G. Washington.
2. Number of voting US Representatives? 435
3. How long we elect a US Representative? 2
4. Who is the current Chief Justice of the SCOTUS? John G. Roberts, Jr.
5. In what month do we vote for President? November
6. Name one war fought by the US in the 1900s? World War I, II, Korean War, Vietnam War

Asked me to write this sentence: G. Washington was the first president.
Read: G. Washington lived in the White House.

Congratulations, you have passed all civics test and you are recommend for naturalization. Given that your 3 years anniversary is this upcoming Sunday, I won't approved your N400 till next Monday, Nov 1st, 2010 plus a customary supervisory review, but your applications is solid and I expect it to be approved by my supervisor as well. This is where I made a plea for expedient oath on the basis of pending job offer with a federal contractor, which requires US citizenship. She called her supervisor, and unfortunately in Baltimore, MD next week, all of next week is a big auditing of files and no oath ceremonies are scheduled. So, if you are scheduled for N400 interview next week, you will have to wait for an oath letter in the mail. I am not stressed by not having being sworn-in today, it comes with the territory and will await an invitation in the mail.

Here is one thing which I experienced while in the interview, I didn't have to produce any original documentation or proof of my wife's US citizenship, no utilities, bank statement, mortgage statement, except to show the tax transcripts. When I send my application, I included a dossier of evidence including copies of her US passport, son's US passport, copy of birth certificate, marriage certificate and certified marriage documentation, my own passport, copy of GC, copies of utilities car-health-home-insurances documentation, FiOS combo (TV, Phone, Cell and Internet), Gas, Water, Electric, bank statements, Macys, HOA letters, copies of both of our drivers license (issued on the same day), and closing documentation when we bought our home. It appears as if she reviewed my file prior to the interview for evidence, and didn't need any other information from me, plus my wife's passport has been misplaced somewhere in the house. I went to the interview without it, and I had no concerns at all, because I believe that I could explain that little nugget without affecting my interview. I expect to hear from the interviewer soon, she took my cell number. We finally completed the interview and I collected my belongings, and I thanked her and we proceeded to exchange a passionate kiss.....:D I feel tired and less emotional than most people, because I have been raking in a whole lot of miles driving. Less emotional than most people who we approved and felt like they just won the lottery, it is possible it is their biggest lottery ticket. I saw a lot of people eating a bread of fear while awaiting to be called, which made me a little bit sad. Life shouldn't be this hard, plus the office there looked small and filthy to my liking, but I am glad all went well for me and I hope it goes well for all N400 applicants across this board, because I know it is important to a whole lot of people. I enjoyed the personable officer I interacted with today, she was young and nice, seem well-trained in strong customer-service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Al and thanks for a detailed description. Now about that kiss... you were on pot or it really happened? :D
So you don't get to take the oath the same day even if you don't do a name change? Were you doing a name change?

Congrats Al and thanks for a detailed description. Now about that kiss... you were on pot or it really happened? :D
So you don't get to take the oath the same day even if you don't do a name change? Were you doing a name change?

There is some a contradiction your posting above, "thanks for a detailed description", but this you see this portion "Congratulations, you have passed all civics test and you are recommend for naturalization. Given that your 3 years anniversary is this upcoming Sunday, I won't approved your N400 till next Monday, Nov 1st, 2010 plus a customary supervisory review, but your applications is solid and I expect it to be approved by my supervisor as well". On Sunday, that's when I complete my 3rd year anniversary and no, I don't need a name change....lol!!!!!!!!!!