Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Hello All:

I received the I-797C NOA for my N-400 application yesterday evening. I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate your kind response.

1. There is no priority date on my NOA. Is it standard to have no PD? Can this slow my application process?

2. When I entered the application number i.e., the receipt number (NBC*000...........) on the USCIS case status website, I see the following message - "Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283."
What does this mean? Is it just a glitch or is something really wrong & I need to be worried and call USCIS?

3. When can I expect a FP notice and once my FP notice comes in, can I do a walk-in FP? I have seen in the forum that walk-in FP is not allowed in either Glenmont or Baltimore. I have a family situation that is going to me to be travelling out of state around mid June.

I thank you all in advance for your comments.

Cheers.

Hello All:

I received the I-797C NOA for my N-400 application yesterday evening. I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate your kind response.

1. There is no priority date on my NOA. Is it standard to have no PD? Can this slow my application process?

2. When I entered the application number i.e., the receipt number (NBC*000...........) on the USCIS case status website, I see the following message - "Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283."
What does this mean? Is it just a glitch or is something really wrong & I need to be worried and call USCIS?

3. When can I expect a FP notice and once my FP notice comes in, can I do a walk-in FP? I have seen in the forum that walk-in FP is not allowed in either Glenmont or Baltimore. I have a family situation that is going to me to be travelling out of state around mid June.

I thank you all in advance for your comments.

Cheers.

1. I do not have Priority Date either. I believe it is common. I did receive FP notice after that.

2. Check online status 3 days after NOA is received. Enter all numbers including *

3. I do not know.

Thank you.

Thank you SUVE for your comments. I see that my timeline is running a few days behind yours. Based on your timeline, I hope to get my FP notice latest by next wednesday. It would be really helpful if my FP is scheduled on the 11th June as I have to travel out of state on the following week on a family situation.

1. Has anyone tried early fingerprinting at either Glenmont or Baltimore citing travel and family reasons?

Please advise. Cheers....

Hi Docta,
Hope all is well and you were able to get things done. Just wanted to check the current status.

Cheers!!!
V!

Hey gc4us,
I was called for a second intv and b/4 the intv date, I received a letter cancelling it and that I'll be rescheduled. So just waiting to be scheduled for my 2nd intv. Have no idea why they want a 2nd intv.

Thanks for checking and hope ur enjoying ur new status!

Here is my status. I belongs to Baltimore field DO

Hello mkshirsa:

How were you able to schedule a walk-in FP at Glenmont? I am in a similar situation to you as I have planned travel (family situation) coming up from June 11th onwards. I anticipate receiving my FP notice next week.

1) Could I try walk-in FP using my FP notice and travel itinerary?

2) Is it easier to try walk-in FP in Glenmont or in Baltimore?

3) What are the best days to try walk-in FP?

Kindly advise.

Best Regards......

Hello mkshirsa:

How were you able to schedule a walk-in FP at Glenmont? I am in a similar situation to you as I have planned travel (family situation) coming up from June 11th onwards. I anticipate receiving my FP notice next week.

1) Could I try walk-in FP using my FP notice and travel itinerary?

2) Is it easier to try walk-in FP in Glenmont or in Baltimore?

3) What are the best days to try walk-in FP?

Kindly advise.

Best Regards......

You may take your copy of travel itenaries and show them that it is conflicting with your FP date, the Old person sittting at the Reception will reschedule your date may be for next day or he may take you on the same day.

You may take your copy of travel itenaries and show them that it is conflicting with your FP date, the Old person sittting at the Reception will reschedule your date may be for next day or he may take you on the same day.

mkshirsa:

Thank you. I did my walk-in FP on the 3rd of June. It was relatively quiet (about three people ahead of me) and it took me ~ 20 minutes to get done. Thank again.

I see that you have your interview coming up on July 13th. Congratulations and good luck. Kindly post your interview experience after you are done. I think you may have same day oath too.

Kind Regards. Cheers....

Court Oath is once a month or every week in Baltimore? I have a name change and my case just got approved.
Please share if you have any idea?

Guys,
Me and my wife , we both have interview at 8 am morning tomorrow. Just little tensed, I don't know why.
Is morning traffic terrible arroun 6.30 on I95 north to I395 ?
Thanks,

Hi,
Does anyone know if I could do fingerprints in Wheaton, MD earlier than it is scheduled? My appointment is for 8/03/2010 but I would like to do it earlier. Thanks for comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
N400 - Montgomery County - MD

06/21/2010 (DAY-0): N-400 Sent to Lewisville Texas
06/25/2010 (4) : N-400 -RD
06/29/2010 (8): Check Cashed
06/29/2010 (8): ND (PD blank)
07/03/2010 (12): NOA Rec.
07/06/2010 (15): RFE emailed
07/12/2010 (21): Rec. FP letter;
08/03/2010 (43): FP Scheduled
../../2010 (..): FP done
../../2010 (..): Case sent to local off Case Update
../../2010 (..): Interview letter

DO is Baltimore
5/15/10: N-400 Received
5/17/10: Priority Date
5/25/10: Checks cashed
5/27/10: NOA received
6/6/10: RFE received (FP on 7/7)
7/7/10: FP done
7/14/10: Case Status Changed "Standard Interview"
xx/xx/10: Interview Date
xx/xx/10: Recommended Approval
xx/xx/10: Received Oath Letter
xx/xx/10: Oath

Does someone have oath scheduled for August 19 at Baltimore DO?

DO is Baltimore
5/15/10: N-400 Received
5/17/10: Priority Date
5/25/10: Checks cashed
5/27/10: NOA received
6/6/10: RFE received (FP on 7/7)
7/7/10: FP done
7/14/10: Case Status Changed "Standard Interview"
7/17/10: IL recieved
8/19/10: Interview Date
xx/xx/10: Recommended Approval
xx/xx/10: Received Oath Letter
xx/xx/10: Oath

N400 - Montgomery County - MD

06/21/2010 (DAY-0): N-400 Sent to Lewisville Texas
06/25/2010 (4) : N-400 -RD
06/29/2010 (8): Check Cashed
06/29/2010 (8): ND (PD blank)
07/03/2010 (12): NOA Rec.
07/06/2010 (15): RFE emailed
07/12/2010 (21): Rec. FP letter;
08/03/2010 (43): FP Scheduled
../../2010 (..): FP done
../../2010 (..): Case sent to local off Case Update
../../2010 (..): Interview letter

You can do a walk-in on Saturday, usually try for noon. I tried to do the walk-in on a Friday in the past and was crowded, plus I had to battle the security guard who wanted to tell me I can't do a walk-in. If he's still there, ask for the supervisor, big guy with a gentle voice and ask for a walk-in, and make a case why you would like to do so. My experience was, Saturday at noon was a dead-zone, ASC employees are just hanging out waiting for their work hours to end, and there will be no reason to deny you a walk-in which cost you $80. Also, free ample parking in Wheaton, MD is superb.

The office at Wheaton, MD was closed on Saturday. I believe that they don't operate anymore on Saturdays.

Last edited by a moderator: