Baltimore interview disappointment

Anastomosis

Registered Users (C)
Had my interview today. The usual questions as posted by most recently. At the end the officer says everything looks good but cannot approve as they do not have the orginal I-140. (It was approved for CP). She took finger prints and signature and said it will take 30-60 days (my guess is longer) to get it from NVC.

The wait continues....

Please shoot me with questions and I will answer them on the thread.
I will post an updated list after we hear from the other interviewees. Anybody else got calls?

No Title

Hi Anastomosis,

I am very sorry to hear about this. I guess this has become a routine for all of us whose I-140 was approved for CP...

Did you try finding out from NVC if your file was transferred to INDIA(IT must be)?? Also try Emailing the respective consulate to verify that they do have their file. If they have it, just request BAL through your attorney to retrieve it from the consulate.

I contacted and verified from BOMBAY consulate that they had my file with them in July. I requested BAL to get it transferred and when I contacted BOMBAY again last week, they confirmed that VSC retrieved my file back in August. Now I PRAY that VSC do transfer my file to BAL.

Anyway don\'t loose hope and GOOD people like you would eventually be successful. I do have my interview on 11/14 and don\'t know if I would suffer the same case of you or get my GC....

I-140 question to Anastomosis

Hi Anastomosis,
Sorry to hear about your disappointment, but don\'t worry you should get it in no time. I have a question: Can you tell by looking at your I-140 approval letter whether it was approved for CP or I-485? If the answer is YES, what is written on yours to specify that it was approved for CP? I would really appreciate your respond. Thank you in advance!

Anastomsis

When you !140 was approved you must have got original or copy of the approval notice.
Please if you could write what exactly it says:
Does it say
1)If the apllicant wana apply for !485 in the UNited states
OR
does it say
2) Your 140 approval notice has been sent to NVC and if petitioner wants to file I124 he should send BLAH BLAH

OR
what it says ???????
I am confused
sorry Man for botheration
Please reply

CP approved I140 would be sent to NVC.

Guys- if you read the contents of the 140 approval, it should state that "Upon approving your case, the petition has been sent to NVC, ....., this ends the processing on your case". Don\'t count me on the actual diction of the statement. But this is what it infers.

Good Luck

I-140

My I-140 approval notice reads:
"The petition indicates that the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for Adjustment of Status. He/She should contact the local INS to obtain form I-485."
I should be ok, right?

I am in the same boat

I did my interview July 17, was told to wait for 90 days. I have gone to Baltimore several times but all they say is that the the petition ( that is I 140) has been requested from my country and I should continue waiting.

Rathor You are right!!!

It states on my I140 approval the same but in another paragraph it also states
"Howeveer if applicant wishes to apply for I824(which means CP)
then he should BLAH BLAH BLAH
Please confirm that your second paragraph also states exactly tlike this.
Thanks

No Title

Are are there any person whose GC was pending in Baltimore after the
interview because of missing i-140 and who got approved recently
please post.
I too went to the B-INS they told me that they will not do anything until they received the I-140 petition, I told them that my I-140 is with VSC, and when I asked them to request it from VSC, they say it is at the discretion of the examiner. Also, they said that only after 9 months can a special status inquiry be made.
It is very depressing.

Can you please explain ??

Hi to be,

Can you please explain what do you mean that your I-140 was with VSC. Did your file get transferred to Baltimore and did you had your interview at Baltimore?? If so, VSC should have transferred your I-140 with the reminder of your papers.

Or was your I-140 approved for CP, your I-140 was with NVC / consulate abroad and VSC retrieved it but did not transfer it after transferring the remaining file to Baltimore.

Please throw light to my above query..

Thanks in advance.

Answer to Philanthropist\'s query

Hello Philanthropist,
You are right. I spoke to my lawyer regarding our I-140 approval, and he says that we are ok. That means we were approved for I-485, not CP.

KV29 can you give me more details how you approached NVC and Indian counsulate

Kv29,
      I had interview a week back in Baltimore INS.same problem I140 originals are not with them. And I called NVC today. I found out my I 140 is in Chennai Counsulate. And there is no request so far from INS to NVC. Can you explain me how you approached NVC and Mumbai counsulate to speed up.

Thanks

No Title

My I-140 got transferred from Chennai to VSC after my I-485 was
transferred from VSC to Balti, so, I-140 is with VSC and I\'am pursuing Balti to request from VSC and I\'am having problems doing that, they don\'t seem to heed to my requests at all. I get a very curt reply, that the examiner will know what to do, when they examine my file, yeah right !!

Do you think that one can apply for I-485 without having I-140?

This happend wth my father in law. His lawer... filed it only with federal labor certif. approved.

What do you think?

ALL U GUYS WHO"S GC APPROVAL IS PENDING CASUE OF 140

Folks
All of you guys whose GC approval is pending for need of I 140, Did you guys opted for CP and then changed it to 485.
Because I talked to my lawyer citing this reason and this causing inordiante delays in GC approval.
She told me that it happens in some cases where CP was opted instead of I485 in the first place.
And secondly, we all know human error can be the cause too.
Please post ur thoughts.

Govinda, Kv29 can you guys give me the chennai counsulate email

Can you guys post the email address for chennai counsulate. Thanks

One more Query...

Hi to be,

Did you already had your interview at BAL(From your mail, it seems you still have not been interviewed but are pro-active for your file) ?? If you have already been interviewed, then what did the officer say to you at the time of interview regarding waiting time for I-140 from VSC ?? Did you try talking to VSC and see if they can themselves trasnfer the file over to BAL.

I might face the SAME problem as you, for my I-140 is also transferred from BOMBAY to VSC, but don\'t know if it is transferred from VSC to BAL.

Thanks in advance.

Answers to your question

Hi kv72,

First I contacted Mumbai consulate to find out if they have my file. Once they confirmed it that I had, my attorney visited BAL and talked to them as well as gave a formal written application to retrieve my file back from Bombay. Then last week when I again contacted Bombay, they told me that file has been transferred to VSC on their request. Now I would try contacting VSC to see if my file is transferred to BAL or not.

Hope this answers your question.

No Title

Hi All,
          I sent a email request to chennai counsulate on Friday. They sent me reply today saying that the I140 files are already transfered to Vermont INS. The INS request has been made on August
17th. I am really glad to see the prompt reply from Chennai. So I will wait for the files needs to move from Vermont to Baltimore. Hope the wait wont be too long.
KV29 thanks for your help.

Thanks
KV72