Balle Balle---- Chak te Phatte..... WAC0203557*** Approved

Tajindia

Registered Users (C)
Folks:

Finally this pain in the a** is relieved. Talked to the IIO in the morning and she told me that my 485 was approved on 02/21/2003. Here are the details of my case:

RD- 10/11/2001
ND- 11/09/2001
FPdone- 03/22/2002
FBI Cleared - 03/27/2002
RFE ISsued - 08/13/2002 (EVL, last 3 paystubs, last 3yr tax papers)
Laid from Job(the employer who filed my I 140) on - 07/30/2002
Started a contract job with a new employer - 09/04/2003

RFE replied and recieved in INS office according to USPS express mail tracking - 11/04/2002 (Deadline for RFE was 11/05/2002)

RFE acknowledged as recieved - 11/20/2002
Approved Date (Accoring to online and IIO) - 02/21/2003

Funny things:

I had been refused IEAD in SFO office on 02/20/2003 and my EAD was expiring on 02/26/2003. Just got in nick of time.
INS issued an RFE on my Advanced Parole on 02/20/2003.

Questions:
What do I need to atke to get the passport stamped.

Thanks everyone on this forum. You guys are great. Even though we might not have seen each other but everyone feels happy for each other and sad for each other.

140_takes_forever, TheWho, vipsha, GCVij, Sillyman lot of thanks for being very proactive in replying.

Good luck to all of you and I will keep you guys posted and answer any of your questions or concerns.

:) :) :)
:) :)

congratulations!!!!!

congrats!!!!!

Have you used AC21?, since you have changed your employer.

Yeah...

I used AC21 and the employment letter that I submitted, I just copied the same version that was submitted earlier so as to make it look like the same...

Also forgot!!! I had requested Congressman Pete Stark from the Fremon t area inquire about the case...

Every droplet of effort helps out..

I hope it helps.

Tajindia, Congratulations!!!

Happy to see your approval :)

These are the things you need for stamping.

1. Approval notice (Courtesy copy is fine)
2. 2 ADIT style photographs.
3. Passport
4. All your previous I-94, EAD, AP etc.
5. Driver's license for identification at entry.

All these details will be indicated in approval notice itself.

O sirji khush kitta tusi.

Mubarkan, sirji sadi bhi sifarish la do.
When and where is the party man ?

Vipsha...

Vipshaji...

tussin ta hamesha hi sadhi sifarish lagwa sakde hon...
mera vas challe main tan sare deen banduan di sifarish lagwa dawan. ...

tohadi vi wife da ho jayega.. sabar rakho.. sab de dukh door ho jaange..

Par bha... eh INS di taan ma** ** ****...... gaalan wi kadan da ji karda hai par os officer nu aseesan vi den da ji karda hai...

God bless everyone.

:) Sorry guys just wrote down some things in Punjabi... My apologies if someone does not understand it.

:D :D :D :D

Congratulations YAAR!

Tajindia,

Many Many Many Congratulations! :) This is terrific news INDEED! I am so happy for you! Now you are finally out of this holy mess they call INS! It is always a pleasure to hear about an approval but even more so when you actually know the people who received their approvals.

Thanks for posting the details of your case. It is definitely going to help people worried over AC21 cases! :)

Please stay in touch. We will miss you on this board if you vanish without a trace. :)

Good luck and god bless!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulation, your case is very similar to mine, hopefully I hear good news soon.
-------------------------------------
WAC 01-286-5xxxxx (EB3 RIR)
RD September 17, 2001
FP May 30, 2002
Laid of June 12, 2002
Received RFE September 4, 2002
Start new Job with Act21 September 9, 2002
Sent RFE October 10, 2002 ( need to wait for a few paystubs)
INS ack on REF November 1, 2002
Still waiting for approval
--------------------------------------
As part of response to INS I also submitted an affidavit (lawyer suggested to fill the two months gap) since I did not have 4 paystubs at the time.

Taj_India -- Congratulations !!! and

I have some questions to you.

I am likely to lose my current job this month end, and a company is willing to give me a contract position.

In your posting, you indicated you worked as contractor for the same employer and provided EVL (in reply to RFE).

Can one contract directly (With out being employed) on EAD?

From whom you provided the EVL, is it from the contracting company ? Or you are employed by some other company and that company Employement letter you submitted?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
MBM

Mey keya tusi te kamal kar ditta, mubarkan oye mubarkan. Te fir party kithey hai? Asi loki twade ghar aa raye ney, india pakistan watch wekhan, tey twadi party karan.

TajIndia,

Hearty Congratulations. I'm really happy to see your approval. Now you don't need that EAD anymore nor do you need to confront any wrangling INS officer. Good news, indeed!

To get your passport stamped, you need to take with you original approval notice, i-94, passport, EAD card, AP (if any) and 2 INS photos - all explained in the approval notice.

Good luck,

TheWho.

stain:

My webstatus changed to day in the morning. The 485 was approved on 2/21/2003. So I believe it is the next working day.

I have not checked the AVM as I will be doing it in the evening.

mbm:

I am not working as a contractor with the same employer. It is a new employer but when they signed the Employment letter, they wrote that I am a full time associate with my overall salary being annual. It was converted and and it came out to be more than the original salary as contracting is without any benefits.

Regarding whether you can open up a company and start contracting, I do not know. But the contracting company should always write that you are a full time associate.

Sillyman:

Aa jao mere ghar... paad deyange pakistan cricket team noon... hun taan apna ganguly dada wi "Non Playing Captain" to "playing Captain" ban gaya hai par dekho ki us no Shoab Akhtar di ball nazar wi aayegi ya nahin...

Any more questions I will help you whatever way I can...

A Question on AC21

Congrats on getting the INS off your butt.
Question : Was your earlier job (from original sponsor of gc) different from the new job in the sense that you were not on contract before? Since you said you were working for a new employer on contract how did you manage to convince the INS that it is the similar job. I am asking this since I read somewhere that if you are working for say an IT division of a company and then quit to join another company where you do not work for the internal IT division, but instead as a contract or consultant representing the new employer and working on projects for it;s clients, then it is a different job classification and is not similar. Am I wrong in this assumption? Was this the case for you?

Also what's you EB classification?

Cagcwaiter...

cagcwaiter:

I was working for a consulting company for 3.5 years they did my H1, 140 and filed for my green card. Now I was working all different kinds of technlogies. My role was say"X". I went to another company who I am contracting with me now. They issued me the same letter with similar kind of resposnibilities but did a favor saying I am a full time associate working minimum of 40hrs. So in a way the letter is the same justa change of employer.

The verbage remains the same...

I do not know what is a correct assumption... Dude whatever works is correct. As you know there are no hard and fast rules. Just believe in you and send what is right and be cautious in teh approach...

One thing I beleive... "You get it only when you are supposed to get it" No matter how hard you try. I have been through this and I feel it...

:)