Bad Interview

Austinn

Registered Users (C)
All right guys here I am once again with my bad day at interview, they asked me lots of questions which I answered now they are asking me evidence in the like proof of relationship and they say that your wife is not earning well so we cannot accept her as a sponsor either you bring a cosponsor or show us some liquid Asset of worh 22000 USD, they also asked me my wife's orignal Divorce Decrees.

but before all that they took my finger prints and took oath that what ever info is provided on ds230 is true etc etc...

Now i dont know wat will happen, I am arranging all the required material, hope for the best, I am again visiting them next week inshalla

As a proof of relationship...

1. I am trying to provide few email prints lets 5 or 10
2. Our wedding ring
3. wedding Pics, I have very few wedding picx
4. Telephone bills mine and her also.
5. wat else.....

any other suggestions you senior out there plz welcome and guide me

what u guys think they will decide,, is it a normal process or they can reject my case.....bit depressed....

Thanks and best regards
Austin

Please give more details of your case ... Are you inside or outside the US? Is your wife a US citizen or GC holder? Are you living with your wife?

Please give more details of your case ... Are you inside or outside the US? Is your wife a US citizen or GC holder? Are you living with your wife?

Dear I am outside USA and my wife is a US Citizen born American, no I am not living with my wife.

any other info you need let me know....as a preperation of Proof of Relationship,

I have only Emails (15-20)printed pages
Chat logs for about 2-3 months only
Telephone bill of August having almots 8-10 calls, trying to get 2 months previous bills
Photographs 15
Wedding ring

dont know what else they, I am just worried about the quantity, I think the quantity I mentioned is enough as a Proof of Relationship.

Hope for the best..... do you have any idea if they dont like this proof of relationship what would be the wrost thing, can they refuse me......dont know what to write honestly I am very much confused and upset and there my wife is crying .....anyways...hope for the best....

Was yours an arranged marriage? If not, your evidence looks weak. You don't own a car or house together, you don't have joint bank accounts or credit cards, and you don't have evidence to show a meaningful relationship before getting married.

If it was an arranged marriage, you have to be from a country or religion where that is common, otherwise you'll have to do more work to convince them.

Your wife should go to your country and spend at least a couple of months with you (or you both go to a third country). Keep the plane tickets, take pictures together, etc. Build up some history and evidence of a relationship.

And a co-sponsor is required if she doesn't have enough income or assets to be 25% above the poverty line for a household of two (assuming no kids here). Otherwise they think you'll end up on welfare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was yours an arranged marriage? If not, your evidence looks weak. You don't own a car or house together, you don't have joint bank accounts or credit cards, and you don't have evidence to show a meaningful relationship before getting married.

If it was an arranged marriage, you have to be from a country or religion where that is common, otherwise you'll have to do more work to convince them.

Your wife should go to your country and spend at least a couple of months with you (or you both go to a third country). Keep the plane tickets, take pictures together, etc. Build up some history and evidence of a relationship.

And a co-sponsor is required if she doesn't have enough income or assets to be 25% above the poverty line for a household of two (assuming no kids here). Otherwise they think you'll end up on welfare.

thankx for your thoughts, but tell me lets say they will reject my visa then what should I do, should my wife apply again and in the mean time we should spend sometime together and build some history and relationship proof etc......or this rejection will endup everything......by the way our parents knows everything and my mother in law is also in contact I mean she knows and she is also waiting for my arrival desperately....dont know where this situation will lead us....

Thanks and best regards

thankx for your thoughts, but tell me lets say they will reject my visa then what should I do, should my wife apply again and in the mean time we should spend sometime together and build some history and relationship proof etc......or this rejection will endup everything......
Your wife should get a job with enough income or a co-sponsor, then spend some time with you to build up some relationship history (or do that in the reverse order), then reapply. You said your mother in law knows about this and wants you to come to the US; maybe she can be the co-sponsor. Get a solid case together first before reapplying, and you can be successful.

Jackolantern,
The OP needs to reveal more details. For example:-

(1) Does he and the wife belong to the same ethnic/religious group
(2) What is the age difference
(3) His citizenhip
(4) Consulate where the interview took place (some consulates are considered "tough")
(5) How long was the courtship
(6) How did they meet
(7) How long back did the US spouse get divorced
(8) Did that ex-spouse also immigrate to the US as a sponsor of the US spouse

I have a feeling that the consulate has more doubts on the authenticity of the relationship rather than the I-864 requirements. If that was case, all they needed to say was "get a co-sponsor". I may be totally wrong however!!!

Jackolantern,
The OP needs to reveal more details. For example:-

(1) Does he and the wife belong to the same ethnic/religious group
(2) What is the age difference
(3) His citizenhip
(4) Consulate where the interview took place (some consulates are considered "tough")
(5) How long was the courtship
(6) How did they meet
(7) How long back did the US spouse get divorced
(8) Did that ex-spouse also immigrate to the US as a sponsor of the US spouse

I have a feeling that the consulate has more doubts on the authenticity of the relationship rather than the I-864 requirements. If that was case, all they needed to say was "get a co-sponsor". I may be totally wrong however!!!

Thanks Triple Citizen and everybody, but let me tell you what exactly happened, actually they asked me tons of questions and the way they asked the questions was like I did a BIG SIN by marrying a US Citizen, I could't answer 3 questions.

Which are mentioned below.
1. What are her previous husbands name.
2. What is the status of kids education.
3. How many rooms are in her house.

except that they also asked me lots of personal questions related to physcial relations, lot of questions regarding her job, lots of questions regarding what we talk or chat or e-mail, which i answered successfully.

At the end she handed over a paper and said that your wif'esfinancial status is not enough so we need a CO-SPONSOR and if you can show us liquid asset worth USD 22000 this would be fine enough also we need the real Divorce Decree and we also need Proof of Relationship(honestly I was not having a single proof of relationship at interview, I know this is my bad)its not I dont have, I do have proof of relationship but not in big quantity anyways I am gonna present them what ever I have as a Proof of Relationship.

She also said at the end of the interveiw that I dont need to come to embassy If I can send all those required documents along with my passport to embassy via mail.

Now I am planning to go to the embassy in person, I dont know why I have a feeling that if I will not go they might take it as negative and if I appear in the embassy just to submit the required documents this might give some positive impressions, dont know however what they will think and what they wont...hope for the best....

It seems your passed the interogation. Supply all proof you can, along with a co-sponsor's I-864 and wait it out. Good luck!!!