Backlog Reduction Memo

Please Vote

• I am willing to sign and also contribute money

Votes: 89 54.6%
  • I am willing to Sign on the Memo but can't contribute money

Votes: 74 45.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was wondering why we got only 136 votes so far ? Don't we have enough I485 pending applicants here (or) many people are just browsing and reading the posts here without taking the trouble of registering here and putting the vote ? How do we know that we are going to get enough signatures if people are expressing their willingness here ?
To all those who are just browsing : Please register here today and vote.

dsatish

How about renaming the thread to "Backlog Reduction Petition" instead if "Memo"?
Maybe this will draw people's attention?

I was wondering why we got only 136 votes so far ?

dsatish - May be the answer lies in my this yesterday’s posting.

"Can this voting be made open to all - even to those, who are not registered member but visit this forum often (silent visitors)."

The fact is there are too many silent visitors in this forum. If we need more votes, we need to rope in those silent visitors and post the voting at a place where everyone can vote.

I am sure there are many who wants to vote but does not want to take the trouble to register themselves.

Mr dSatish

I guess you are a kind of person who does not prefer to take suggestions from others. Even thoug I suggest to you

DO NOT ASK FIRST OPINION.

Just send an email ( with brief subject matter ) asking for electronic signature to one of the guys here. He will agree and forward to the next .. and so on ( you will be copied on every hop)

Keep this thread open and keep update
Then people who are not registered here will come forward and aslo you will get more members and list with SIGNATURES !

Please Make This Thread More Obvious

I'll sign and contribute money.

Please make this thread more obvious. I had never seen it
until just now accidentally by following a link in someone's post.
Could we make it as outstanding as the "Phone Petition"
we used to have?

Re: Results of Last Petition for Reducing Backlog

Originally posted by Clueless123
Hi All:

FYI, Rajiv's office has received receipt confirmations from the
following:

senator@biden.senate.gov
Senator Joseph Biden

senator@sarbanes.senate.gov
Senator Paul Sarbanes

jack@reed.senate.gov
Senator Jack Reed

The following two were bounced back:

sen_dodd@dodd.senate.gov
Senator Christopher Dodd

senator@clinton.senate.gov
Senator Hillary Clinton

Resend to all those from their website instead of direct e-mail, if that bounced back earlier. I did this for some of the senators for H1-B petition.

What does "receipt" mean? Did they reply? Or just said "I received your email, your case will be pending blah blah blah,"
same as BCIS's reply.

I guess you are a kind of person who does not prefer to take suggestions from others
Hi Shantanu,
Please refrain from making foolish comments here. Nobody asked me to accept his suggestions blindly. One's role is only to give suggestions. The reason i am not working on some of the suggestions regarding this voting stuff is, i don't have any permissions to change any settings. I can only edit my messages, but can't edit the voting options or other voting permissions. Since i am in a project right now, i can't respond to each and every post. That does not mean that i don't accept other's suggestions. This forum do not belong to me. I am not a moderator here. Nothing prevents you from starting your efforts towards contributing to the petition. If you think that there is a better way to collect the opinions/ votes, please go ahead. I am not a boss in this initiative. Every one is equal and every one can create threads, create draft letters, collect opinions and do what ever they want to make our effort successful. Please go ahead with your suggestions.

To dengdeng

Hi dengdeng:

The receipt confirmation is a message saying "we have
received your petition." and stuff like that. That's it.

I doubt any senator or leader will even spend time reading
our petition, despite all of our efforts.

Clueless123

>>>>>>>
What does "receipt" mean? Did they reply? Or just said "I received your email, your case will be pending blah blah blah,"
same as BCIS's reply.

Dream About Visiting VSC

I had a dream about visiting the VSC last night.

I carried all of my documents in my work bag and got to
the VSC. Those documents included all of my IDs, EAD,
passport, GC application, diplomas, and original evidence
of my accomplishments.

Then I met a co-worker there and I started to chat. All of
a sudden, I realized that I had left my bag of documents
somewhere.

I was in a panic to find my bag only to see traces of separate
paper documents along the way.

I went there in order to get my GC. However, I lost everything
instead. What a nightmare!

_________
RD: 10/9/2001
ND: 11/24/2001

To dengdeng

Hi dengdeng:

No one else responded at all. Rajiv's office only got a
few confirmation receipts stating they had got the petition.
That's that.

Clueless123

Can we make this poll public?

Hi,

If we can make this poll public, I guess as some body suggested more people can participate in poll. Not every one is interested/has time to register. Moderator, please consider removing the restriction to log-in.

thanks,

I think we should go after congressmen instead of just senators. Congressmen are relatively more easily available.

-sai

Moderators

Hi Moderators, can you remove the restriction on registering to vote here ? Is it possible ? If so, can you do that and let me know so that i can ask others to vote ?