Background Check Timeline???

Adya said:
Hi Fbhatti

I saw your message dated March 3, that They didn't allow you to get in ....
DId you try the Automatic revalidation ? I mean you were not in canada for more than 30 days and you didn't try to stamp your visa there.....
Did the Consulate in canada stamped the cancel stamp on your expired US visa while you are waiting for Security check ?
Does it mean Automatic revalidation is not a safe option ?
What do you think ? Should I take chance to visit canada based on Automatic revalidation ?

Thanks,
-Ada
Adaya,
When i went to the consulate to get my h1 visa , the same time they stamped the cancel stamp.
I didnt try to get in US within 30 days ( i dont know why I didnt try). All i know that people at the border doesnt like cancelled stamp. I cant tell exactly what would have happened if I tried to enter within 30 days.
Like i said before also you can take your chances but be prepared. Nobody can u tell for sure if you would be able to reneter within 30 days with cancelled stamp on your passport. I know people were able to enter even after 30 days with cancelled stamp so again its your call. Whatever u wanna do just play SAFE.
Faisal

Need to travel soon, please advice

All,

I need to travel to Pakistan soon for an urgency, to renew my H-1B. Does it matter if you apply in Canada or Pakistan? I am getting advice to apply in canada instead. I assume the processing time for name check is same anywhere. So it does not matter where you apply. Plus visa wait times are quite quite long in Canada.

Also, my i-485 is stuck in queue because of name check. Would that imply my h-1b visa experience be long? Any body experienced similar stuff?
AP is still in process so that will take about 2months atleast to come back, so not an option.

Please share as I this is a almost a pack and go moment for me.

Thanks,
Ash