Background Check Pending!!!

Hi Cregan .. I did remove my email for fear of getting junk email. Thank you very much for sharing your notes. I am going to my Infopass appointment tomorrow. If I do not get the answer I want to hear, then I will be stopping by the Federal court to get the package to start my WOM. I am planning on filing my WOM on Monday if else fails

Last edited by a moderator:
Well as expected guys, my Infopass did not produce anything positive. The officer again told me I need to contact Nebraska and ask them what is the hold up. I showed him the letters I got from the FBI. He told me pretty much not to believe what they told me.
On my way back, I stopped by the US District court in Kansas City and got the PRO SE package. I will be working on that this weekend for sure. Also, for amusement, I did write to the Nebraska office again and attached a copy of the letter from the FBI. I doubt this will produce any positive outcome.
I am also going to recontact my senator, and provide them with the new information I got. Hopefully they will be able to do something.

That's is so sad. They really pick on us.

When I called on 12/2 they told me I was scheduled for a 2nd FP in 2 weeks. My Congressman's office called back today and said that I was just transferred from CSC to Phx. I was told that was done in September before. I called back the USCIS and they confirmed my 2nd FP. The office of our Congressman emailed me and said that there is 2 FP appointment scheduled for me. Then we received a letter from CIS Obudm that says I am in a name check and follow up in 6 months.

I'm so happy I filed

Good luck
They probably lost 7/07 files

I am hopping to get my case filed early next week. I am about to fax my senator too. If that does not help,at least I have one more document to add to my case to prove I have done everything I could possibly do

I did that too and our Congressman replied. They were so nice. I received lots of letters from other offices saying that they can't help me as we are not in their District. The Office of Congressman Jeff Flake, Kelly, has been so nice and keeping me in touch. I hope to be able to send them a thank you letter soon :)

USCIS wrote to Kelly and mentioned that I had already contacted Sen Jon Kyl and CIS Obudm. That did not get me anywhere ... those USCIS people how mean. Sen Jon Kyl was prompt in my response but he received wrong information in September and my file was still lost after his help.

I have contacted both senators from my state and my local congressman. Only one senator responded back to my inquiry. I just faxed them the my request. I attached what I received from the FBI as well as the letter from the Nebraska office with the wrong A Number on it. Imagine if I sent something to USCIS with someone else's A Number. I will be deported on the next plane out of the country .. go figure ..

I am hopping to get my case filed early next week. I am about to fax my senator too. If that does not help,at least I have one more document to add to my case to prove I have done everything I could possibly do

Here is the case from your court that may be useful (AOS WOM):
WEIZHU ZHU v. MICHAEL CHERTOFF, et al., Defendants.
No. 07-4104-CV-C-NKL

The court ultimately granted summary judgment for plaintiff and ordered USCIS to complete processing in 90 days.

"Zhu has a clear, indisputable and nondiscretionary right to have the USCIS adjudicate his application within a reasonable time. See Haidari, 2006 WL 3544922, at *4 (citing Aboushaban, 2006 WL 3041086, at *2; Kim v. Ashcroft, 340 F. Supp. 2d 384, 391-92 (S.D.N.Y. 2004)); see also Sawad v. Frazier, No. 07-1721, 2007 WL 2973833, at *2-*3 (D. Minn. Oct. 9, 2007) (finding clear, indisputable and nondiscretionary right and rejecting government's argument that 8 U.S.C. § 1252(a) precludes judicial review); Konchitsky v. Chertoff, No. 07-00294, 2007 WL 2070325, at *3 (N.D. Cal. July 13, 2007); Tang v. Chertoff, 493 F. Supp. 2d 148, 152-55 (D. Mass. 2007) (finding clear, indisputable and nondiscretionary right and rejecting government's argument that § 1252(a) precludes judicial review); Pool v. Gonzales, No. 07-258, 2007 WL 1613272, at *2 (D.N.J. June 1, 2007); Song v. Klapakas, No. 06-05589, 2007 WL 1101283, at *3 (E.D. Pa. Apr. 12, 2007).
But determining what is a reasonable time is a more nuanced question. "In determining reasonableness [for purposes of § 555(b) of the APA], we look to the source of delay — e.g., the complexity of the investigation as well as the extent to which the defendant participated in delaying the proceeding." Haidari, 2006 WL 3544922, at *5 (quoting Reddy v. Commodity Futures Trading Comm'n, 191 F.3d 109, 120 (2d Cir. 1999)); see also Takkallapalli, 487 F. Supp. 2d at 1098 (citing Pub. Citizen Health Page 6 Research Group v. Comm'r, Food & Drug Admin., 740 F.2d 21, 35 (D.C. Cir. 1984)). In the immigration context, unreasonableness "depends to a great extent on the facts of the particular case." Yu v. Brown, 36 F. Supp. 2d 922, 935 (D.N.M. 1999).
The Court is mindful of the government's national security concerns in processing applications, but this does not give the government the right to indefinitely delay Zhu's application. See Konchitsky, 2007 WL 2070325, at *5 ("Although defendants assert that the delay results from `increased national security issues and not agency inaction,' defendants have not shown how national security concerns are a reason for the delay in plaintiff's application."); Haidari, 2006 WL 3544922, at *6 (explaining USCIS does not have "unfettered discretion to relegate aliens to a state of `limbo'"). Moreover, Zhu alleges that he has exhausted all administrative remedies and Defendants do not dispute that he has done so. Therefore, the USCIS must adjudicate Zhu's application expeditiously, or, at the latest, within 90 days. See Qijuan Li, 2007 WL 2123740, at *3 ("However, the defendant Attorney General oversees both USCIS and the FBI, so shifting the onus to the FBI does not show timeliness."); see also Norton v. S. Utah Wilderness Alliance, 542 U.S. 55, 65 (2004) ("[W]hen an agency is compelled by law to act within a certain time period, but the manner of its action is left to the agency's discretion, a court can compel the agency to act, but has no power to specify what the action must be.").

You have come to the right place. Lazycis is one of the few people in this forum that can help you guys get this done. Good luck.

PS. I am always reading your posts. I want to see the outcome. :)

Thank you Lazycis .. Can I use that as an exhibit in my case?

Certainly, but I would not bother. The order may be helpful later on in case the government won't budge and decides to fight your case. We are hoping, however, that the recent trend will continue and you'll get IL within 1-2 weeks of filing WOM.

You guys have been really great help for me ... I really apperciate your input. I will for work on this over the weekend. I have one questions for you .. I was looking at the PRO SE package. There is a section where it asks about if I asked a lawyer about filing the case. I know I have talked with my lawyer about it, but she discouraged me from filing a WOM. What should my response be?

You guys have been really great help for me ... I really apperciate your input. I will for work on this over the weekend. I have one questions for you .. I was looking at the PRO SE package. There is a section where it asks about if I asked a lawyer about filing the case. I know I have talked with my lawyer about it, but she discouraged me from filing a WOM. What should my response be?

Put your name there or simply put "Pro Se". Also, you may consider posting WOM-related questions in lawsuit sticky. This way if I am not around, other members can help you out.
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=194681&page=594

I have contacted both senators from my state and my local congressman. Only one senator responded back to my inquiry. I just faxed them the my request. I attached what I received from the FBI.

Mustafa and Cregan,

I have also sent the FBI Letter stating my NC was completed six months ago to the good Senator from my state and her staff have been helping out. It is eye-opening for them too because CIS is making promises that are not kept (surprise!).

I also did an 'urgent' service request with an IO over the phone and I am supposed to hear back within 5 days (that is extremely efficient for CIS..but we'll see if that happens). My history with CIS is full of broken promises. The IO over the phone stated that there were two NC requests for me. One finalized and inactive and one pending. My FBI letter states both name checks were finalized and sent to CIS in May. During an Infopass last month, another IO said the letter is not good enough and that the 'computer said no' :)
(not kidding).

So Chantal, merci beaucoup for your response to my email with the valuable WOM info :). Since i got a 2nd FP letter last month, I will wait until January before doing WOM.

Mustafa, Hang in there . At least you're not that guy from Michigan who waited 7 years :eek:

Bob and Lazycis...as usual, thank you for your great advice.

I'm gonna take it easy this month. This season is already stressful as it is. We'll see what the new year will bring. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Waterman ... I wish you the best with your adventure as well .As you said, at least I am not the guy from MI and hopefully I will not be ...

Cregan .. I noticed the change this morning on the USCIS website ..the poor guy going to be served with my papers on his first day of the job :-D