background check and H1-B visa

jmammado

Hi,

I am h1-B visa holder since 2004 and it is valid until 2007. I recently travelled to my home country to visit my parents and applied for visa stamp in local US Consulate. The Consular told me that I have to wait for background check (security clearance) that US department of state have to carry out. I have been waiting already 8 weeks for the end of the security clearance but it seems endless. US Consular told me that it will not take longer than 1 month. My EB2 National Interest Waiver GC case was recently approved while I was abroad waiting for my H1-b visa stamp. I know very well that CIS also do security clearance before to approve any case. why in this case US Department of State duplicate their job. Any similar story? How long does it take in average all these clearances. many thanks

Background Check

Yes i have a simillar case. I went to Canada for stamping and i was also asked for background check. Its already been 6 weeks but no news. Did your background check got approved till now or not. How long it has been.

Reply solicited

Hi my dear friend if you do not mind in which country
the US consulate ask for background check for H1-B stamping as I am going to India for H1B visa stamping and I have one arrest record for playing music loudly. I am very much worried.

In Canada they asked me for Background Check. Still waiting for result.
Do you know anybody who's in same situation and can tell how much time will it take.

previous deputation of project in kuwait

Dear friends and expert ,

Can anyone tell me , does it harm or there are chances of rejection if we have stamp of kuwait residence permit of 2 years on passport , as i was on software development project in kuwait.

waiting for reply.

Thanks
nb

In Canada they asked me for Background Check. Still waiting for result.
Do you know anybody who's in same situation and can tell how much time will it take.

Hello everybody

But do they ask for the back ground check or do they tell that they hav to wait for the background check. Does it take like aslong as people stuck in the back ground check quagmire (as in I-485 & N-400).

Wat is the longest anyone had to wait for this background check.

Thank you