B2 visitor visa possibly denial of GC

OMFSmolar

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I told my parents to prepare the non criminal record paperwork that will be used to file for their GC before they entered the US on B2 visitor visa. Will that be subject to denial of GC? They came to the states in late May 2015 and the non criminal record was prepared in April 2015. Do we need to re-prepare the paperwork to show a more recent date?

Thanks for your help.

Hi thanks for offering help!

I thought one of the documents we need to submit is a proof of no criminal record. When I was applying for green card, USCIS did request that and I had to get one from a police station at my neighborhood.

Is that not a required document? Again, I didn't prepare it when I submitted my application for GC and I received a further evidence required letter.

Thanks!

You don't need any kind of thing like that for Adjustment of Status (the process of getting permanent residency while inside the US). You might have gone through Consular Processing abroad or something.

That said, it seems like you're saying they planned to file AOS while here before they came to the US on a B visa. That means they probably lied to the immigration officer when they entered about how long they are staying, and it's fraud.

1. Your parents committed a fraudulent act by entering the US on a visitor visa, as they has preconceived intent to immigrate in your own words.
2. Are you a USC or GC holder?
3. Would your parents return to their home country.. India, is it?.. to wait for GC adjudication, or will they adjust in the US?

I have to disagree with you. One can be accused of having pre-conceived intention without having had to lie at the POE.

I do not disagree with you totally but it would be very hard to prove intention if there's no concrete evidence. For either side.

I do not disagree with you totally but it would be very hard to prove intention if there's no concrete evidence. For either side.

The very first sentence in this thread "..I told my parents to prepare the non criminal record paperwork that will be used to file for their GC before they entered the US on B2 visitor visa.."