B2 visa

diego177245

My parents (b2 visa holders) visited me last year from Sept, 2018 - Nov 2018 (2 months). Now they are planning for another visit from June, 2019 - Sept, 2019.

Apart from booking tickets and carrying their B2 visa stamped passports, are there any other legal procedures (e.g. revisit US consulate) before their second trip to US? What documents they need to carry (e.g. return ticket)?

I am assuming that all they need to do is head straight to the airport with their passport, B2 visa, and plane tickets. Is that call?

Yes, they have multiple entry visas.

During their stay in US (from June, 2019 to Sept, 2019), they would like to travel to Mexico for a few days (3 days) and return to US. I am not sure how the immigration officer will treat this return.

My primary concern is this: B2 visa holders are given a maximum of six-month duration when they visit US. However, during their stay in US, if they visit a neighboring country for a few days (fore e.g. 3 days) and return to US within the same six-month duration, will the immigration officer treat this as if the visa holder is seeking a fresh six-month stay at US? If so, this might create problems. I am not sure.

A visit to Mexico (or Canada) will not reset the i94; they will not get a fresh six-month stay. They should obviously plan on leaving the US on their originally scheduled return date in Sept.

Yes, they have multiple entry visas.

During their stay in US (from June, 2019 to Sept, 2019), they would like to travel to Mexico for a few days (3 days) and return to US. I am not sure how the immigration officer will treat this return.

My primary concern is this: B2 visa holders are given a maximum of six-month duration when they visit US. However, during their stay in US, if they visit a neighboring country for a few days (fore e.g. 3 days) and return to US within the same six-month duration, will the immigration officer treat this as if the visa holder is seeking a fresh six-month stay at US? If so, this might create problems. I am not sure.

They can visit Mexico and Canada, but it doesn’t reset the i94. So for example if they are originally stamped for 3 months, they can visit Mexico, but still have to leave the US by that 3-month date on their i94.
Also, 6 months is not guaranteed, it is maximum. We have had situations of people expecting 6 months and being admitted for less.

@Omnia,
Your post has been deleted from this thread since you already have an existing thread with the same issue. There’s no need to duplicate the issue on another thread, applicable responses will be provided on your thread.

Hi, please on my Ds-160 form for my B2 visa, I stated to spend 3 months, if my invitee write 3 weeks in the invitation letter, will that have an effect on me for rejection?

Hi, please on my Ds-160 form for my B2 visa, I stated to spend 3 months, if my invitee write 3 weeks in the invitation letter, will that have an effect on me for rejection?

They often don’t even look at an invitation letter. Your visa will be decided mainly based on the ties to your home country you can show.

They often don’t even look at an invitation letter. Your visa will be decided mainly based on the ties to your home country you can show.
I am in Ghana, please do you know the required documents I need to present? Do I need tax return, salary slip, bank statement from invitee?

I am in Ghana, please do you know the required documents I need to present? Do I need tax return, salary slip, bank statement from invitee?
For a B visa? They may or may not look at anything you bring. You need to show your own ties to home - employment letter, proof of rent or owning home, family in Ghana, etc. Be aware that roughly half of Ghana B visa applications are refused.

For a B visa? They may or may not look at anything you bring. You need to show your own ties to home - employment letter, proof of rent or owning home, family in Ghana, etc. Be aware that roughly half of Ghana B visa applications are refused.
Thanks SusieQQQ,

With a recently unsuccessful demonstrated immigrant intent? I’m sorry to say, i don’t see an approved NIV coming your way so soon.

You have expressed intent in a DV and student visa, and now some shenanigans with the B2.

Ghana has a reputation for being difficult to obtain a visa from. Documents from applicants don't hold much value, and are unlikely to be looked at.

^ I didn’t look at recent history, yes immigrant intent will likely put you in the half of Ghanaian B applications that are rejected.