B2 Visa Question Please Help

140jibjab

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
Needed some advice on my current situation. My in-laws are no more. My wife has just one younger brother who lives in bangalore and is 23 and working as a Sales & Marketing professional. We want to get my brother-in-law just for a visit to the US. He can take only 4 weeks off his job & so we'd be applying for his visitor visa only for a month. What are the chances of him getting the visitor visa & not getting rejected owing to our current situation. My wife's brother has no intention of wanting to come to the US & settle here illegally. All we want is for him to just come here on a good holiday & spend some time with us. But when he goes for his visa stamping, will the fact that he has no parents but holds an indian job and lives alone work in his favor or against ? He manages the ancestral property of my in-laws & can show all the necessary paperwork to prove that he needs to go back to india since he has his job there & also that he alone manages the properties. Will this be sufficient reason for immigration authorities to believe his genuinity ? Also, we'll be applying for his visa only for a month, will that help in proving that he will surely return in a months time ? This will be my brother-in-laws first overseas trip & we definitely dont want a rejection on his passport to start off with. That is why we're thinkig whether we should even apply or not owing to our difficult situation.
If someone has or is trying to get their sibling to the US and has had any experience please advice.
Thanks,

In general should not be an issue but process is very subjective

In general I do not think it will be an issue with proper evidence that he has good intentions to work in India.
But process is so subjective & varies by person for proof etc.

Fortunately it has been very straight & pleasing experience for me with consulate & INS here. So I tend to believe good & clean documents helps.

So give it try

Being single without parents does not help his case I am afraid. He has no family in India. His only sister lives in the US. That works against him. Having a job and property in India works for him. There is no harm in trying. Perhaps lady luck will smile on him.
Good luck to him!!!

140jibjab said:
Hi All,
Needed some advice on my current situation. My in-laws are no more. My wife has just one younger brother who lives in bangalore and is 23 and working as a Sales & Marketing professional. We want to get my brother-in-law just for a visit to the US. He can take only 4 weeks off his job & so we'd be applying for his visitor visa only for a month. What are the chances of him getting the visitor visa & not getting rejected owing to our current situation. My wife's brother has no intention of wanting to come to the US & settle here illegally. All we want is for him to just come here on a good holiday & spend some time with us. But when he goes for his visa stamping, will the fact that he has no parents but holds an indian job and lives alone work in his favor or against ? He manages the ancestral property of my in-laws & can show all the necessary paperwork to prove that he needs to go back to india since he has his job there & also that he alone manages the properties. Will this be sufficient reason for immigration authorities to believe his genuinity ? Also, we'll be applying for his visa only for a month, will that help in proving that he will surely return in a months time ? This will be my brother-in-laws first overseas trip & we definitely dont want a rejection on his passport to start off with. That is why we're thinkig whether we should even apply or not owing to our difficult situation.
If someone has or is trying to get their sibling to the US and has had any experience please advice.
Thanks,