B2 visa got rejected at Toronto US Consulate for my parents

chirag19

Hi,
I am very new to this forum and the reason I joined this forum is I am very disappointed when my parents visa ghot rejected at Toronto US consulate.

My sister is Canadian citizen and my parents got their permenant residence card for Canada in March. They landed to Canada in March. I am working in US on H1-B visa since March-2007(3 years). Now after coming to Canada my parents wants to visit US for 4 weeks. Even though they are permanent residence to Canada they want to go back to India and they already have their return ticket on 2nd September. I got visa date on 8th July at Toronto US consulate. I was the translator as my parents can' speak English. Visa officer asked me below questions.

Q: what is your relationship with applicants?
A: I am applicant's son.

Q: are you Canadian citizen?
A: No, I am working in US on H1-B visa

Q: when they came to Canada?
A: in March

Q: with whom they are staying in Canada?
A: with my sister

Q: what will they do in US?
A: they just want to visit my place

After that he didn't asked any more questions and after 1 min he returned my parents passport and gave me a pink form.

I asked him does that mean my parents visa is rejected?
He said yes.
I said may I know the reason sir why it got rejected?
He said please read the reason on that pink form
And he left from the window.

The reason was as below under section 214(b).

"You have not been able to demonstrate sufficiently strong family, social or economical ties to a country outside the US that would compel you to leave the United States after temporary stay."

If that office would have ask then I could show their return ticket. But he didn't ask anything and made his decision.

My question is can I reapply again within a week and show their return ticket to India?

They can re-apply but I seriously doubt the result will change. Your parents need to spend at least 6 months in Canada settling in. They should have applied after being in Canada for 6 months at least.

My question is can I reapply again within a week and show their return ticket to India?