B2 visa extension

jayh

Registered Users (C)
My mom's B2 visa expired in May, with I-94 stamp on 11/16/2013, I petitioned for her GC in July, I-130/I-485 concurrent filing, I-797 has been received. Should I apply extension for her B2 visa? Thanks a lot

The filling of the I-130/I-485 extends the authorization to be present in the US until a decision has been made on the case. Your mom can't leave the US unless she has received her applied AND received her advance parole document.

Hi,

You must apply atleast 45 days before your I-94 expires. As long as you stay in the U.S. legally and do not violate any terms of the visa that you are on, you will not get into any trouble while applying for a greencard, just because you applied for a visa extension.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client

relationship with Law Firm.

My mom's B2 visa expired in May, with I-94 stamp on 11/16/2013, I petitioned for her GC in July, I-130/I-485 concurrent filing, I-797 has been received. Should I apply extension for her B2 visa? Thanks a lot

Hi,

You must apply atleast 45 days before your I-94 expires. As long as you stay in the U.S. legally and do not violate any terms of the visa that you are on, you will not get into any trouble while applying for a greencard, just because you applied for a visa extension.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client

relationship with Law Firm.

1. The OP's mother already applied for AOS.

2. EVEN if OP's mother applies for AOS after her I-94 expires, it doesn't matter.