B2 to H4?

SFBS

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
What is the possibility of applying for a B2(visitor) to H4 visa catergory while in the US. The B2 is expiring 19th Oct 2002. Or is it just safer to apply from home country: Pakistan. Thank you

No one bothered to comment...!

Thanks for asking, but I never got my answer for my question. So I had to ask my wife to go back to Pakistan for her H4. Inshallah hoping that everything goes well. Will right about the experience. From what it seems I think you have to leave, if you are here on a visit. I think that it used to easier b4, but due to the shamefull events of 911, things are now changed. Best of luck to you. Later.

Farhan

B4 Conversion

Well the real problem is that they no longer allow B2 conversions. I heard that only permitted conversion is from B2 to H1 but that you have to still go to your home country for a multiple entry VISA.

They used to allow B2 to H1 conversions in Canada but since last year (911) they have stopped that too.

So you have to go to your home contry for most of these conversions now as they do not allow it.

change status

hi,
i'm also in the same path.. my mother was in B2 visa, does she can change her status to any other can work here in USA without losing her Visiting visa because it was 10 yrs multiple entry visa, can she lose her B2 status once she filed for any other status???? if she wants to stay more time and wants to work is there any way!!!!

Thanks

Advice please

:eek: Friends/advisers/attornies
This is my Seventh yr in USA working for one of the giants manpower supply company......still on H1B with extension...
Company filed for GC. EB3/NonRIR. Understand PBEC asked my company to change nonRIR to RIR last month and so company is hurrying to conevrt..I don't know how good is that. I have 2 children studying in school. ofcourse with H4 Visa.
Actual Problem is We got divorced. My ex-wife happily went back to her parant and living in India..
Now in USA, kids and I doing great so far...
1. If I get marry again, will my kids have any issues in thier status....they are my children so even I marry any girl, it won't matters on thier status correct?
I need some leag advice here please....My Job is 24/7 and really I need some help in my family. So I have to plan anything for my children.

2. Becasue of family constraints I cannot go to India for any purpose...so Is it allowed leagally to marry a girl came on tourist visa to USA? later she can go and change her status to H4?

greatly appreciate your input and advice.
Thanks.
GoodLuch4GC
PDec 2003
45days ltr:27May2006
replied :31 May 2006
Oct nonRIR2RIR conversion work started.

GoodLuck4GC said:
1. If I get marry again, will my kids have any issues in thier status....they are my children so even I marry any girl, it won't matters on thier status correct?

2. Becasue of family constraints I cannot go to India for any purpose...so Is it allowed leagally to marry a girl came on tourist visa to USA? later she can go and change her status to H4?

1. it does not impact their status. Their H4 status is completly dependent on you having H1B status.

2. Yes she can come to the US on B visa, marry you, and then convert to H4. Make sure that she marries you before you submit your GC application so that she can get a GC via derivative status from you.

Hello any updates on this? I am in the same boat.
My friend is planning to come to USA on B2 to take an exam for dental studies. Her main intention is to write the exam but we are also likely to get married in the US.
1. Does she need an invitation? If so could I invite her or someone should invite her? I am on H1 but my AOS priority date is dec 05 while the current date is oct 05.
2. We are also planning to do change of status to her from B2 to H4. Please advice. I am at my wits end. I am not able to go to India now because of economy and I have to get stamping done for 7th year H1 extension.
Reply please!!!
Thanks a bunch!!