B2 confusion need help!!

Dootson A

Registered Users (C)
Ok here's the full story, we have recently had the I-130 and I-129f visa's approved and now have to wait 5 to 8 months for the visa to be processed in London, my wife is 31 weeks pregnant and we want me to be there for my babies birth, we called Customs an they informed us that if i was to travel on the visa waiver I would be denied entry, so we then called the London embassy and they recommended a B2 Visa... but my problems lays here.... I am living with parents at the moment due to me flying back on forth the last few years on the Visa waiver there for have no property in the UK what reasons can I give to prove that I intend to return to the UK the B2 is our final option an if this is denied I know it will break my wifes heart.

Please if you have any experience with the B2 visa process please advise us on our best chances of it being approved an me being granted access in the US.

I disagree with the statement that customs made. There is no 100% guarantee that you would be denied entry on VWP. Yes, being the spouse of a US citizen will significantly raise the chances of you being denied entry on VWP. However, you will have the same chances when travelling on a B-2 visa. So I realyl see no point in you applying for a B-2.

we called Customs an they informed us that if i was to travel on the visa waiver I would be denied entry, so we then called the London embassy and they recommended a B2 Visa

I am living with parents at the moment due to me flying back on forth the last few years on the Visa waiver there for have no property in the UK what reasons can I give to prove that I intend to return to the UK

***this is the biggest issue we have*** can you help us with this triple citizen? plus we have alreasy paid for the B2 now so we may as well go ahead with this plus I believe with the B2 i could stay longer than 90 days if needed?

You will need to prove strong social and financial ties to the UK in order to be granted a B-2 visa. It is in your hands to gather such proof. Do you actually work in the US, when you are there? If not, it will be very difficult. In the US you have a wife and are expecting a child and are already in queue to be granted an immigrant visa. If in the UK, you have no job and only live with your folks, then the question arises, what is compelling you to return in a timely fashion? This is exactly what the consul will ask himself?

I am living with parents at the moment due to me flying back on forth the last few years on the Visa waiver there for have no property in the UK what reasons can I give to prove that I intend to return to the UK

***this is the biggest issue we have*** can you help us with this triple citizen? plus we have alreasy paid for the B2 now so we may as well go ahead with this plus I believe with the B2 i could stay longer than 90 days if needed?

and how do I answer that convincingly? We are working on my visa's an would never jeopardise that I just want to be there for the birth on my son, we wouldnt of hired a lawyer an spent $1000's already if we was goin to do anything stupid an risky surely that is evidence enough?