B2 539

waitingfrom98

Registered Users (C)
My wife's B2 539 change of status petition filed in Jan 31st and received in Feb 2,06, got receipt in Feb 6th,06 in Vermont Service Center. We expedited the petition.
i saw Lud changed 3 times,
first on Feb 09, then last saturday 2/25 and today 2/27 also
can anyhow let me know what
s going to happen

LUD changed but no result

I applied electronically for I-539 EOS in Jan at Vermont. Sent paper-documents within one week. LUD has changed 3 times since then.

Feb-01-2006
Mar-01-2006
and
Mar-06-2006

Dont know what is going on.

LUD Change

Hey,

I applied at CSC, and saw a LUD change yesterday without any change in the message. I am scared about this now, that they may reject I-539. I have a booking back home on March 26th.

If they are going to reject I-539, can I stay here till March 26th (it is difficult to get a booking plane before that).

What are my options? Experts, please help me.

laborvictim said:
I applied electronically for I-539 EOS in Jan at Vermont. Sent paper-documents within one week. LUD has changed 3 times since then.

Feb-01-2006
Mar-01-2006
and
Mar-06-2006

Dont know what is going on.

JANHK said:
Hey,

I applied at CSC, and saw a LUD change yesterday without any change in the message. I am scared about this now, that they may reject I-539. I have a booking back home on March 26th.

If they are going to reject I-539, can I stay here till March 26th (it is difficult to get a booking plane before that).

What are my options? Experts, please help me.
you can stay as long as i94 allows.

I-94 Expired

My I-94 expired on Jan-26. What if I leave the country as soon as (say one week) I get the rejection letter? My 10 year Multiple entry will still be valid?

GotPR? said:
you can stay as long as i94 allows.

do not leave without result

JANHK,

Do not leave without result. If you leave without result, at the airport they will see that you over-stayed and 10 years multiple entry visa will be cancelled. Also you will not again visa again for 3 years. (if overstary is less than 180 days).

Now you have to wait until result comes and if it is a denial, show that to at airport.

Confused

I am Confused! My understanding was that, if denied I will be out of status from the expiry date of I-94. If I leave while the application is pending, then I heard from this forum that my visitor visa will be still valid. Therefore I think it is better to leave before the decision rather than wait for the decision and take a chance.

Also, please remember that at the time out going out of the country there is no immigration check.

What do you think?

laborvictim said:
JANHK,

Do not leave without result. If you leave without result, at the airport they will see that you over-stayed and 10 years multiple entry visa will be cancelled. Also you will not again visa again for 3 years. (if overstary is less than 180 days).

Now you have to wait until result comes and if it is a denial, show that to at airport.

It is your call

JANHK said:
I am Confused! My understanding was that, if denied I will be out of status from the expiry date of I-94. If I leave while the application is pending, then I heard from this forum that my visitor visa will be still valid. Therefore I think it is better to leave before the decision rather than wait for the decision and take a chance.

Also, please remember that at the time out going out of the country there is no immigration check.

What do you think?

Where does it say "to leave while application is pending?". When you get your boarding pass at airport, you need to surrender I-94. That I-94 goes to BCIS to verify your over-stay. Since you do not have any result on that day, it creates problem. If you were denied and then going back, BCIS can see that you had applied and were denied.

It is your call though ! I am not an attorney.