B1 visa information - pls help!

Hello. My husband has filed necessary immigration paperwork for me and my youngest son, as he was not yet 18 at the time of our marriage. I will have to file for my eldest son, once getting there. We are based in South Africa.

I would like to know if there is any way I could ensure the 3 of us leave here together? What is the best route to follow for my eldest son, meaning what alternative visa/s could we apply for for him in the meantime, until such time as I am able to file for his permanent residency? Also, if he is already in USA, is it possible to file for his K3 and would he have to return to SA for his immigration interview? I am hoping that there is some kind of student visa, where the eldest boy would be allowed to do some type of work, as hear students visit USA for crop picking etc.
Thank you
Grum

Hi all,

My husband is studying @ CWRU cleveland. Now m planning to visiti him and wud like to go for visitor's visa as I dnt have marriage certificate. If i give them a reason that I am going to see my husband, will I be asked for a marriage certificate??? or I have to give them sum other reason as I cant produce a marriage certificate???

Please reply , its urgent.

T. Sheetal

Hi all,

My husband is studying @ CWRU cleveland. Now m planning to visiti him and wud like to go for visitor's visa as I dnt have marriage certificate. If i give them a reason that I am going to see my husband, will I be asked for a marriage certificate??? or I have to give them sum other reason as I cant produce a marriage certificate???

Please reply , its urgent.

T. Sheetal

You need to get an F-2 visa which is a visa issued to dependents of F1 (student) visa holders in US. You will definitely need a marriage certificate - you can get it yourself or have someone get it for you.

Most likely they will deny you a B-2 visa. You should apply for an F-2 visa.

If you are really married, get a certificate stating so. Otherwise, forget coming to the US on the basis of marriage.

Do NOT lie in order to get any kind of visa either; when asked, you MUST state that you are married.

B-2 visa for my adopted child‏

Hello.I need your advice in my situation.We are U.S. green card holders and we don't have a baby for ten years because of infertility problems.We decided to adopt my nephew-my brother's daughter from our home country.She is not an orphan.Now she is three month's old and she is under our custody since he birthday.We already legalized her through court,we changed her birth certificate and now she has a same family name.I researched US laws about it and I understand that we have to live with her at least two years before giving a petition.But we are as a permanent residents not allowed to stay more than 6 months out of US. Can we apply for her B-2 visa?