B1/B2 valid for work in USA

Hi Friend

Registered Users (C)
Greetings !!

MY brothrer got B1/B2 visa for 10 years. I am thinking about bringing him to USA, I am US citizen.

Is he eligible to work in US to do simple jobs with visitors visa?

I have the option to file him Green card while he in in USA, can I do that?

While the GC is in process, he can work on visit visa?

Thx

No, he can NOT work at all while being in the USA on visitors visa.

Even if you apply for his GC, he cannot work nor overstay (he cannot stay here over his permitted time when waiting for his GC - on tourist visa he can spend here up to 6 months per stay, unless IO stamps his passport for less time) or he's going to be in deep trouble.
It will take many years to obtain GC for your brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx for quick reply.
Can I apply for his H1 while he staying on B1 in USA? Generally how much time taking now to get green Card's to brother? 5 years or 10 years? is there any other way brother to get green card quickly?

Can I apply for his H1 while he staying on B1 in USA?

Yes, but he will need to leave the US to use it if he gets it. Plus, you cannot apply it. A US employer will for a job for which he is qualified and no American workers can be found.

Generally how much time taking now to get green Card's to brother?

Depends on the nationality and you can check it here. Brothers are the lowest priority and can easily take more than 10 years.

is there any other way brother to get green card quickly?

Not through you but through an employer assuming that he is hired by a US corporation and is found to be so special that he is categorized as NIW.