B1/B2 used not original intended trip

reesemicah

I originally applied B1 (business/conference) visa to attend a convention but luckily I received B1/B2 with 10 years multiple entry..

My question is if I dont proceed with the original plan of attending the convention due to personal reasons and go to the US on a much later date, will there be any issues in the POE? Will they be able to track my original purpose as stated in my D160 application?

You can use your B1/B2 visa for any business and touristic purpose. Even if the track your DS160, it makes no difference. You can still use this visa of yours to seek entry for a personal visit.

My question is if I dont proceed with the original plan of attending the convention due to personal reasons and go to the US on a much later date, will there be any issues in the POE? Will they be able to track my original purpose as stated in my D160 application?

It does not male any sense in tracking your DS- 160. You can use your B1/B2 for your visit. As you have already mentioned you have visa with multiple entry.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

I originally applied B1 (business/conference) visa to attend a convention but luckily I received B1/B2 with 10 years multiple entry..