B1/B2 to non immigrant visa

uzair.khalid

Hi
Me and my family are in US on B1/B2 visa.
My wife's brother is US citizen and through him we received form I-797 approval notice, section sister or brother of US citizen 203 (a) (4).
I need to know can we convert our visa to immigrant visa with out leaving US.

Thanks
Uzair

Your wife's brother sponsored your wife, i.e. his sister? In that case, when was the I-130 approved and what is the priority date? When did you enter the US on your B-2 visa and when does your I-94 expire? What was your stated reason to enter the US at the POE?

My wife's brother is US citizen and through him we received form I-797 approval notice, section sister or brother of US citizen 203 (a) (4).
I need to know can we convert our visa to immigrant visa with out leaving US.

On form I-797 Notice of Action. Receipt date is September, 2009. Priority Date is August, 2009 and Notice Date is August, 2010.
We came here for my daughter's check up and treatment.

Regards
Uzair.

Your wife (sponsor's sister) had a very long wait ahead of her. She is looking at 10-12 years before she will get her green card. Unless she maintains some sort of lawful status in the US, she needs to wait outside the US.

On form I-797 Notice of Action. Receipt date is September, 2009. Priority Date is August, 2009 and Notice Date is August, 2010.

Hi Triple Citizen,
I forgot to tell You that i am Pakistani national and so is my wife (Beneficent) and his brother (Petitioner).
Because some one told me that waiting period is less for Pakistanis than Indian nationals in such cases.
Can you please guide me with relevance to current visa bulletin.

Thanks in Advance.
Regards.

Uzair Khalid