b1/b2 invitation letter

Johnkent

Registered Users (C)
am inviting an aunt to come visit me here in states and i was wondering how to write her an invitation letter. Does it need to be hand written or typed? am trying to figure out what format to follow. Thanks

Sponsorship is not the issue here cuz she's paying for her trip. if she goes to the embassy, she'll have to give a reason as to why she's visiting the US which is to come visit me.

So an aunt cannot give a verbal statement of wanting to visit her nephew? The nephew needs to invite his aunt? That is news to me.

Sponsorship is not the issue here cuz she's paying for her trip. if she goes to the embassy, she'll have to give a reason as to why she's visiting the US which is to come visit me.

wished that US consular officers reasoned the way we did.
just like they keep asking for proof of ties to home from a 85yr old woman who has all her kids but one living in her home country.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does not need to written.There are specific requirements for the letter or invitation.They will also demonstrate that they intend to return to their home country,usually by showing return airline tickets and that they have family or other connections at home. They may also be asked to show that they have a means of support.You need to have a look at the immigration site.They will need to take the letter you send to the embassy in their country to apply for a visa.They can download the application package from the immigration site.

This is incorrect. If we assume this is correct for a moment, does this mean that an applicant who has no friends or relatives in the US, cannot visit the US? There are hundreds of thousands who visit the US every year just to go to Disneyland, Las Vegas, etc. You think all those applicants first need a letter of invitation from a nephew or any other relative? This "letter of invitation needed" paranoia exists among applicants from a few selected nationalities, including my country of birth Pakistan. After more than 3 years on this forum, I am still unable to find the root cause of this mis-conception. Wish me luck, the search continues :)

They will need to take the letter you send to the embassy in their country to apply for a visa.

well, u made a valid point. U said folks are coming to the US to visit disney and Vegas and they'll have to show proof of hotel reservations and paid tickets to disneyland at the embassy for a visit to be issued.
So, i would assume that someone thats coming to the states to visit a nephew could atleast show some evidence that the are indeed being invited by a nephew who actually exists.
am just saying.

We can agree to diagree. My aunts certainly do not need my invitation to visit me. One is globe trotter industrialist, she will simply show up at my door to surprise me. She will kick my rear-end all the way to my mother's house if I tell her she needed an invitation from me :)

So, i would assume that someone thats coming to the states to visit a nephew could atleast show some evidence that the are indeed being invited by a nephew who actually exists.