B1/B2 has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

Mjeshtri

Hello there guys

What do I need to answer in my wife and children DS-160 form if the question is, "has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services"?

I am the principal petitioner filled by my sister. F4

Do derivates like my wife and children to answer Yes or No in this question form.

Thank You!

They’re not listed on the I-130 your sister filed for you, are they? That IMO means no immigrant petition has been filed with USCIS for them.

p.s. you’re not the principal petitioner filed by your sister. Your sister is the petitioner, you are the beneficiary of that petition. Your spouse and children are your derivatives.

They are listed at I-130 form at (me) Beneficiary’s Marital Information, such as Spouse and Children. My sister is the petitioner.

I mean they are not listed as the "Beneficiary" on the I-130. Your sister filed the petition to sponsor you, they just happen to be listed as your potential derivatives.
Here's how I look at it: Your sister can file a petition to sponsor her own child, her spouse, her parents, or her siblings - she cannot file a petition to sponsor her sister-in-law, or nieces/nephews. So there is no petition filed with USCIS on behalf of your wife or children.

I mean they are not listed as the "Beneficiary" on the I-130. Your sister filed the petition to sponsor you, they just happen to be listed as your potential derivatives.
Here's how I look at it: Your sister can file a petition to sponsor her own child, her spouse, her parents, or her siblings - she cannot file a petition to sponsor her sister-in-law, or nieces/nephews. So there is no petition filed with USCIS on behalf of your wife or children.

Thank you Sm1smom, hope you are doing well.

No, they are not listed as "Beneficiary" on the I-130. They are mentioned/listed as Information About Beneficiary's Family or Names of Beneficiary's Spouses.

So the answer basically should be No, on the DS-160 form for B1/B2 Visa for their application.

The B1/B2 visa is a nonimmigrant visa category for individuals who wish to travel to the United States for business (B1) or tourism or medical treatment (B2). This visa category does not allow for individuals to work in the United States or to pursue permanent residency.

If someone has filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the USCIS, this generally indicates that they are seeking permanent residency for you in the United States. The process of filing an immigrant petition can be complex and typically involves several steps, including filing the appropriate forms and providing supporting documentation.

The specific requirements and procedures for filing an immigrant petition depend on the type of visa or status being sought. For example, family members of US citizens or lawful permanent residents may be eligible to file for a family-based immigrant visa, while individuals with certain skills or qualifications may be eligible to file for an employment-based immigrant visa.

Hey everyone.
Please i need your help to fill the DS-160 form for B1-B2 visa.

And i had someone before last 3 years ago. Who apply for K-1 Visa for us but we broke up before the interview and before I fill the DS-160. We just get approved for the form i129f. That's all.

Right now i'm confused what i have to answer gor this question??????

HAS ANYONE EVER Filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?

Hey everyone.
Please i need your help to fill the DS-160 form for B1-B2 visa.

And i had someone before last 3 years ago. Who apply for K-1 Visa for us but we broke up before the interview and before I fill the DS-160. We just get approved for the form i129f. That's all.

Right now i'm confused what i have to answer gor this question??????

HAS ANYONE EVER Filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?
You need to answer YES to that question, the I129F was an immigrant petition filed on your behalf with USCIS

I wonder how it is that you filed for them, but they didn’t file. After all, the immigration service considers applications from one person to another and not from person to person.

Hello everyone,

I am currently filling out the DS-160 form for myself and came across a question that asks, "Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?" Given that my wife (she is a green card holder) has previously filed an I-130 form for me, should I answer "Yes" to this question?

Hello everyone,

I am currently filling out the DS-160 form for myself and came across a question that asks, "Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?" Given that my wife (she is a green card holder) has previously filed an I-130 form for me, should I answer "Yes" to this question?
Yes, you need to answer YES to that question.

Thank you for your reply. Do I also need to provide details about when the I-130 was filed by my wife and explain how this trip is different from that immigration case?
Provide whatever applicable information the DS160 is requesting.

Hello. I'm the beneficiary for a K1 visa and I'm filling out the form DS160. In the question: Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services? Should I say yes or no?